Shaq Leonard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
You realize he left the Eagles too, right?. It makes perfect sense that a player would talk to more than one team and weigh his options. That's the best way to make a decision on where he will fit, and also the best way to negotiate a contract.
I have no idea were he will sign and nothing so far has given anyone a clue. It is just pure speculation.

Robster8989

Reaction score
The Eagles just cleared a roster spot, perhaps they expect Leonard is incoming.
I wouldn't worry too much about it either way.
He is not the player he was a few years ago. He may help a little, but he is not tipping the balance of power either way IMO.

_sturt_

Reaction score
not tipping the balance of power either way
Tips it for us, and I think that's the only reason DAL is even in this mix.

As good as Bell has been, teams are running at him and having success. We need another option. Signing Evans apparently wasn't it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Have a hard time believing this because it makes no sense. He has a history with their coach, they are in the drivers seat for a deep playoff run and possible championship, and money is not a factor because neither team is going to pay him more than he is already guaranteed from Indy so he will make the same money in both places. Now, he does have some ties to a few players in Dallas so maybe that is winning the day but I still won’t believe it until I see it. Maybe Dallas is offering multiple years but I’m in wait and see mode on this one.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Have a hard time believing this because it makes no sense. He has a history with their coach, they are in the drivers seat for a deep playoff run and possible championship, and money is not a factor because neither team is going to pay him more than he is already guaranteed from Indy so he will make the same money in both places. Now, he does have some ties to a few players in Dallas so maybe that is winning the day but I still won’t believe it until I see it. Maybe Dallas is offering multiple years but I’m in wait and see mode on this one.
His "history" with their coach is catching up once a year. He has more of a connection to Dan Quinn in that sense thru Gus Bradley. Hes also close with Gilmore and Hooker. Dallas is also primed for a deep run, and has a bigger need at LB considering LVE is probably done.

_sturt_

Reaction score
"I'm hearing" is about as convincing as "my tarot cards say." I mean, it's a given that it's not "I'm hearing from the man himself." So, then it becomes a matter of the reliability of the informer who may or may not be among the best positioned to know anything.

phildadon86

Reaction score
"I'm hearing" is about as convincing as "my tarot cards say." I mean, it's a given that it's not "I'm hearing from the man himself." So, then it becomes a matter of the reliability of the informer who may or may not be among the best positioned to know anything.
Baldy knows Philly players. Pretty sure he works out with some as well. So he is pretty dialed in to the Eagles.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas is offering multiple years
May be. I doubt it.

Looking at your assessment, you're not figuring in this other part that's obviously a priority... in Dallas, there isn't anyone likely coming back from injury to challenge his role. Cunningham might even be back this Sunday.

And, you're not figuring in... though others do immediately above... that Dan Quinn's got quite a reputation in this league for making his defensive guys better.

Status
Not open for further replies.