Shaq Leonard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

_sturt_

Reaction score
up the salary
No and yes.

Can't up the salary. He's capped out at what IND owes him since he cleared waivers and no one else took on the old contract. IND's only savings here will be the vet minimum. There is no incentive for the new team to take a bigger share of that.

But, yes, that's just for this season. Many believe he's seeking a multi-year deal... while others think he'll probably prefer to bank on himself and go back into free agency in March.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Baldy is very close with the Eagles org. He even works out with Lane Johnson. He isn't a fake news kind of guy he probably spoke with someone
Doesn’t have to be fake news it could just be what he’s heard and the person he’s head it from is reading the situation wrong. If he was leaning one way so early on his decision I don’t think it would be a decision “coming this weekend”

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Baldy leans Dallas himself usually. I’m just gonna wait and see.

Phillys defense really isn’t that great; if Shaqs smart, he will want to be on the field next to Parsons if he wants to get the most out of his post injury career

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
First, he is still being paid by the Colts this year so unless someone wants to pay him more than the $8 million left in his contact (became guaranteed week 1 as a veteran) he isn't earning anymore money (the team that signs him pays what they offer, the Colts make up the rest to 8 million).

Second, the Eagles have less than $2.4 million in cap space (see part one above).

I surmise this has more to do with either the opportunity for playing time to showcase himself for free agency after the season, or a contract longer than this season since he is already paid. The chance at a championship would also be weighed in the I believe.

This, knew the egirls were under 2.5M in the cap to play with.

The Natural

Reaction score
Here's a possibility nobody has mentioned: what if we haven't heard about any signing because neither team wanted him after meeting with him?
This doesn’t make any sense. He isn’t visiting to work out with teams, and they already know what he has on tape. So the ‘possibility’ something comes up in a meeting that makes a team say nvm we dont want this guy, is pretty slim.

HanD

Reaction score
If he wanted to be here. He would not of left.
fandom talking. he man should do his due diligence when deciding his next employment. explore and learn about all his options is the smart thing to do.

now if it were me i'd have already signed haha

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he wanted to be here. He would not of left.
You realize he left the Eagles too, right?. It makes perfect sense that a player would talk to more than one team and weigh his options. That's the best way to make a decision on where he will fit, and also the best way to negotiate a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.