Shawne Merriman explain why Cowboys fall to Colts

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty solid.

"The leadership of this team getting exposed.......... when down, you don't see any players on the sidelines getting into each others faces, nobody saying anything. And Normally, that would come from a QB position, but Dak doesn't play well enough to be that type of leader....."

I've seen that fiery leadership in other games. We just didn't have it in this game. Either the Colts simply shell-shocked us or the leaders of the team understood that this game wasn't really that important. They put a lot of energy into the five-game winning streak, so maybe the lack of desperation made it easier to accept what was going on.

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
In this video the whole leadership is not the main thing.he said when the cowboys go down there is no plan b while we are running out the clock against ourselves.that's a real problem.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Was the same thing “up” the previous five weeks?
Or is this just more typical over reaction Monday by the national rating ****** and the Cowboyszone Man Babies.
I’ve seen a little bit all during the season tbh. Before the 5 game winning streak it was there ( medium level), during the 5 game ( light level), after yesterday ( super hot ).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But what about the people here who talk about Dak's "leadership"? You can say all the right things in the press, and you look like The Man, but the locker room, sidelines, and on the field are where leaders show up.

superonyx

Reaction score
I’ve seen a little bit all during the season tbh. Before the 5 game winning streak it was there ( medium level), during the 5 game ( light level), after yesterday ( super hot ).
As annoying as Skip Bayless is he is right. Dak put the ball in the FBs hands. He threw a nice pass to Noah brown...I think he missed on Hurns but even Luck was 1-3 beyond 20 yards.

We had a typical letdown game after 5 straight tough wins.
Rams, Patriots, Chiefs, Seahawks all did also.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Can’t disagree. You can’t demand others perform when you aren’t doing it yourself.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
As annoying as Skip Bayless is he is right. Dak put the ball in the FBs hands. He threw a nice pass to Noah brown...I think he missed on Hurns but even Luck was 1-3 beyond 20 yards.

We had a typical letdown game after 5 straight tough wins.
Rams, Patriots, Chiefs, Seahawks all did also.
You post is pretty much right on brother. :thumbup:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Hate this show but I thought Merriman and Sharp did a good job pointing out our limitations. Skips is an idiot and saying he wouldn’t take Luck just dumb

superonyx

Reaction score
But what about the people here who talk about Dak's "leadership"? You can say all the right things in the press, and you look like The Man, but the locker room, sidelines, and on the field are where leaders show up.
Are you reacting to just yesterday’s game or his career.
Check his career.
Leadership isn’t only defined the way this bloated steroid abuser defines it.
Yelling in someone’s face in front of a camera and their friends and family isn’t leadership.
Are we pretending now that you can use the magic words and suddenly the 40 grown men would all run and yell us to victory?
Please. This isn’t a movie.

rags747

Reaction score
So solid. It’s funny how almost every sports commentator and analysts knows what’s up but some still can’t see.
Exactly correct, everyone has been questioning Dak as a qb this year and yet there are those that still believe that he is the franchise qb that we need. If Jerry gets snookered than we are truly F^&%'ed!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score

After the 4 & 1 stuff of Zeke, the camera showed him barking at Dak on the sideline. I speculated that Zeke expected Dak to audible out of the run because the Colts showed a 10 man front. Zeke never seemed to get over that yesterday.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you reacting to just yesterday’s game or his career.
Check his career.
Leadership isn’t only defined the way this bloated steroid abuser defines it.
Yelling in someone’s face in front of a camera and their friends and family isn’t leadership.
Are we pretending now that you can use the magic words and suddenly the 40 grown men would all run and yell us to victory?
Please. This isn’t a movie.
So then, tell us what a leader does, and how Dak shows his leadership.

He doesn't talk to the guys on the sideline to correct them or pump them up...so that can't be it.
He doesn't will himself to play above everyone else, to lead by example...so that can't be it.

I'm out of ideas.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Least week Cowherd gave Dak an A in leadership. This week Dak has no leadership. This analyst flip flip with the wind on wins and losses.

pansophy

Reaction score

"The leadership of this team getting exposed.......... when down, you don't see any players on the sidelines getting into each others faces, nobody saying anything. And Normally, that would come from a QB position, but Dak doesn't play well enough to be that type of leader....."

Oh you mean how Dez did then everyone complained he wasn't a good team player? :rolleyes:

Reaction score

It seems to be fairly easy analysis when you cannot direct what is wrong with our personnel's ability (or inability) to execute the game plan. I would rather find out who did NOT do their job well enough but that takes work by the talking heads. Questioning leadership is far easier than analyzing game footage.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

Garbage!! He is just adding his two scents, this was the only thing left to say since Dak has been bashed every other way.
How do any of us know what is being said or done on the sidelines, this team does not put themselves out there?
Last person to show emotions in public got fired (Dez). Every team is different, those guys respect Dak and chose him to lead.

We will hear 100 more reasons why or why not!! ALL OPINIONS, including my own.