Shawne Merriman explain why Cowboys fall to Colts

GMO415

Reaction score
Seka.gif

foofighters

Reaction score
Tony was a nice guy but not alpha enough. See how he passively aggressively went behind T.O’s back instead of confronting him like a man.

If tony stepped up and let T.O have it instead of tattle telling cowboys have at least a championship game
You have credible sources for these claims, right? I'll wait while you get them.

links18

Reaction score
Shawn’s an idiot. Grown men aren’t looking to qbs as leaders they really only care about their own personal game and monetary contracts.

If a frail guy like Jared Goff got in Aaron Donald’s face he would turn it into soup.

Dez was the last true leader of the cowboys team.

Aikman was constantly in player's faces. They all called it leadership, well except for Deion.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Think that Dak has a lot of qualities of a good leader (which is why Jerry loves him some Dak). However the one if not the most important quality is his lack of backing his play on the field. You have to be able to demonstrate improving, thriving and winning with your play or no one will follow, no matter how nice a guy you are.

CWR

Reaction score
Dear lawd so many hypocrites. When we are winning our leadership and chemistry are amazing but drop one game and we are totally devoid of leaders.

Good to see team TANK resurface though. I know all the winning has been miserable for yall.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought this was pretty solid.

"The leadership of this team getting exposed.......... when down, you don't see any players on the sidelines getting into each others faces, nobody saying anything. And Normally, that would come from a QB position, but Dak doesn't play well enough to be that type of leader....."

This coming from a steroid user who couldn't hang with the big boys in the NFL?

Just another wannabe ex-player who couldn't hang who had to revert to cheating.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This coming from a steroid user who couldn't hang with the big boys in the NFL?

Just another wannabe ex-player who couldn't hang who had to revert to cheating.
He sure did use da juice. Shame shame shame and couldn’t perform without it.

superonyx

Reaction score
So then, tell us what a leader does, and how Dak shows his leadership.

He doesn't talk to the guys on the sideline to correct them or pump them up...so that can't be it.
He doesn't will himself to play above everyone else, to lead by example...so that can't be it.

I'm out of ideas.
Wait. Your first post that i replied to said that everyone says what a leader Dak is.
Do you have any idea how clutch Dak has been in his career? Check his 4th quarter and OT passer ratings.
Just because you are hurt and mad and you need a finger to point doesnt mean you get to make up facts, and ignore others unchecked.

Here he is doing exactly what you said he doesnt do.
Don't let your anger cause you to embarrass yourself. (relax im kidding around)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? Because I'd say this is ought to be recognized as a fairly stupid comment for anybody who's ever seen this team play this season in any game other than TEN and IND.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
He's absolutely correct. Dak can't motivate others or inspire when he's not very good at his own job.
I remember an image of Dak versus Philly tapping his offensive teammates in the chest and basically saying/motivating them to let’s go out there and win this thing. But, everyone only remembers the now.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait. Your first post that i replied to said that everyone says what a leader Dak is.
Do you have any idea how clutch Dak has been in his career? Check his 4th quarter and OT passer ratings.
Just because you are hurt and mad and you need a finger to point doesnt mean you get to make up facts, and ignore others unchecked.

Here he is doing exactly what you said he doesnt do.
Don't let your anger cause you to embarrass yourself. (relax im kidding around)

I do like this video, but it's a lot easier to be hyped up when things are going your way. He didn't need to talk anyone up in this clip. Show me examples of him changing the mindsets of his teammates, when they start losing faith and I may change my mind.

BTW, I didn't say "everyone" says what a leader Dak is. His 4th qtr and OT passer ratings have nothing to do with leadership.
Also, I'm not pointing the finger at Dak for this game. In fact, I blame him less than most of the guys around him who were dropping balls, missing tackles, etc. He was playing pretty much above how he usually plays, for the most part.

Dre11

Reaction score

"The leadership of this team getting exposed.......... when down, you don't see any players on the sidelines getting into each others faces, nobody saying anything. And Normally, that would come from a QB position, but Dak doesn't play well enough to be that type of leader....."

That's Overrated, I know Shawn from Maryland, but that is weak. These guys play for each other, they have each other backs, the last thing they need is someone acting like a fool. Furthermore, who knows what happens on the sidelines or in the locker room at half time. the tv doesn't show that, we just got beat physically on both lines.

Dre11

Reaction score
He's absolutely correct. Dak can't motivate others or inspire when he's not very good at his own job.

The qb doesn't need to be a guy that motivate. Guys like D Lawerence, have a lot to say during the week.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'm an old fashioned guy who thinks coaches are primarily responsible for coaching.