Should Cowboys bring C Connor Williams back?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because Connor Williams proved to be a Top 5 Center the past 2 seasons with the Dolphins. If the Cowboys doctors check him out and deem he is able to get back on the field, a veteran minimum towards the end of the season might work.
HARD PASS docs also gave Steele a green light..Nope not a gimp off surgery with Overshown , Diggs etc Steele hope hes coming around. rather have Hoffman truth be told or a draft pick or a vet on smaller deal..TB wont be hard to replace.. You need to hear it again I said in my opinion no hard pass..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Might as well bring Zeke in to play center. This thing is gonna go downhill fast.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No they should not. But they do love injured players so they probably won't be able to resist.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Biadasz wasn’t a pro bowler in actuality but I was referring to starter quality center. I think 2 of the centers in this draft can start day one
In my opinion Hoffman would not be much worse, he might even be better he might have a thicker frame, maybe he's better in the run game if he has time all offseason through training camp to get enough snaps in to get comfortable.

I don't think there's a big drop off from Tyler to Hoffman if that's something we're forced to do is I don't believe it will be you're right Tyler was average you don't overpay for average most of the losses we've lost this offseason we're not surprises and they're not gonna be hard to replace...

conner01

Reaction score
In my opinion Hoffman would not be much worse, he might even be better he might have a thicker frame, maybe he's better in the run game if he has time all offseason through training camp to get enough snaps in to get comfortable.

I don't think there's a big drop off from Tyler to Hoffman if that's something we're forced to do is I don't believe it will be you're right Tyler was average you don't overpay for average most of the losses we've lost this offseason we're not surprises and they're not gonna be hard to replace...
It’s possible. In limited snaps he looked solid. But mighty risky going into the season not knowing

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s possible. In limited snaps he looked solid. But mighty risky going into the season not knowing
look man teams gotta take leaps with guys like this you don't fill your entire roster with pro bowlers you for sure can't keep expecting the Cowboys to have that 2014 offensive line all the time when there's a salary cap and you gotta build a team sometimes and go look at other people's rosters you gotta use guys like bass and Hoffman let them develop put them on the damn field with the proper coaching and the proper scheme I know it's small sample size but a lot of people doubted dog free as a matter of fact now people want Connor Williams back are you kidding me the hypocrisy like oozes out of this place first you don't want Connor McGovern or Connor Williams and now you want us to bring him back people never wanted to keep tyron Smith because of his injury prone and now people are scared to let him go this place is nuts sometimes you just gotta roll with the younger guys and see how it works out..

You want insurance that is what the older veterans on veteran contracts do for you you roll with the young guys but you get your swing tackle and your swing guard to be your older veterans like we brought in Jason Peters and I know people didn't much like edoga but instead of using those guys as your starters you use them as your insurance and your backups in case you get a Chaz green situation but in the small sample size basin hopping did not look like they were gonna turn into Chaz green they look more like Terrence Steele and Doug free who took a little time to come around and develop and that sometimes is what you have to do you can't keep going into the first round and getting the same positions..​
And what do you what do I mean by that what I mean is if you have an equally graded center guard and linebacker at #24 and you say take BPA well I'm taking the linebacker because that's a bigger need if they're all graded equally if this is a stud middle linebacker type then you have to get him over the offensive lineman because they've been drafted offensive lineman and we have a whole bunch of young ones on this team and don't leave out Richards and maybe even Wally sometimes you have to develop players.... I realized there's risk but that is what the salary cap and free agency has done to this league sometimes you have to roll with the younger players and give them a shot... I mean with Tyler Smith now at left tackle and you put that's next to him and hopping in the middle but then you have Zach Martin and Steele should actually fully get back to his old self hopefully...​
I'm just saying that's the emergency plan like right now if the season started that's what we would roll with and it's not as bad as it looks but we still have to draft and we still can bring in some veteran presents for the swing positions... My statement was just looking at it as of right now situation they're saying the offseason was terrible and I'm telling you if you look at the 22 starters there's only three or four holes from our starting 22 from last year and I believe that TylerB was not such a big loss that he can't be replaced by Hoffman it's as simple as that.​
I mean you start getting guys like that now all the snaps and the reps you let him snap that ball 1000 times between now and game one and see how he does these guys were being thrown into the fire last year and yes on a small sample size they look pretty good but imagine if they got all the OTA's mini camps and training camps snaps as the number ones and let's hope that Mike McCarthy and whoever's offensive line coach is develops a scheme that fits what we have on the field and not what they try to fit them into..​
Look this is just my take it's my opinion people are just overreacting and it just drives me crazy I mean the season doesn't start for six months and they calling this a bad offseason like a couple years ago they said it was a historically bad offseason and we won 12 games and went to the second round in that year this this is like ridiculous cause you're upset Oh my God we lost amari Cooper but we went to the second round of the playoffs that year with the historically bad offseason..

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why Connor Williams finished ranked in the top 5 of all Centers the past 2 seasons in a row.

Do you do research, understand football or do you just like trolling?

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/c
He may very well be an option depending on the draft.

Can't leave our Qb exposed especially with a weaker line with Tyron gone. I'd prefer to get a smart one in the draft though if it's an option

John813

Reaction score
Only issue outside the ACL is Connor still has that tendency to have a few bad shotgun snaps. Definitely showed blocking wise he was up to being a center, but his lack of snapping over multiple years showed up here and there in Miami

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Only issue outside the ACL is Connor still has that tendency to have a few bad shotgun snaps. Definitely showed blocking wise he was up to being a center, but his lack of snapping over multiple years showed up here and there in Miami
Stepnoski had the same issue, but Aikman didn't like the shotgun so they just didn't use it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Center Connor Williams suffered a torn ACL back in early December 2023. Such an injury at a minimum lasts between 9 months and 12 months in order for it to fully heal. This means Connor Williams won't be able to play until most likely some time in late November. With this in mind and how Connor Williams is now a free agent, the Miami Dolphins got tired of waiting and hired Titans free agent Center, Aaron Brewer. This leaves Connor Williams available and on the outside looking in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-signed-center-aaron-brewer

With the Cowboys currently in need of a good quality starting Center (Connor Williams was one of the best Centers in the NFL these past 2 seasons), should they bring Connor Williams back, offer him around 7-8 mil/season and patiently hope he fully recovers in time to play around Thanksgiving time?
No

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd rather sign Connor than invest a draft pick in the position.
Agreed, bro, but only if Connor's knee gets the green light from Cowboys doctors. The other issue is Connor Williams won't be ready to play at all until the 2nd half of the 2024 season since he tore his ACL late last season (December 13, 2023), so the Cowboys doctors would need to check up on his progress from now until then before the Cowboys commit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed, bro, but only if Connor's knee gets the green light from Cowboys doctors. The other issue is Connor Williams won't be ready to play at all until the 2nd half of the 2024 season since he tore his ACL late last season (December 13, 2023), so the Cowboys doctors would need to check up on his progress from now until then before the Cowboys commit.
Hmm ok yeah that’s a bigger issue than I thought he’d be ready by the time the season starts.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Depends on cap boy Jones. If the deal is right since we got many holes now on the OL and no high draft picks.