Should Dallas draft Kyle Trask in 3rd-4th round?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ok just read some on him after seeing him in the pitts hl reel.
He is a big guy 6'5 250 very accurate 70% and very few int's.
In fact the only negative was he didnt throw the deep ball or do it well, and he is not a running qb.
He moves in pocket well senses pressure well, is smart, and he has taken snaps from under center, as well
as shotgun.
I would grab him if he is still there in the 3rd , or if you want to gamble try and get him in the 4th.

The reason I say this, is dak may or may not be the guy, and he may or may not get back to his previous level.
And if he got hurt again or had to miss some games, or they just want to give him a week off, they could
if they had Trask.
Trask would make a cheap bkup, and he would also be insurance for if dak doesnt pan out.

You never know what is going to happen, and with Trask dallas would be prepared to continue if something
did happen to dak. I will or someone else could add some trask HL to this thread.
From what I saw he looked really good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If I got trask, what I would do is look at the schedule and try to pick 2-3 games with weaker teams, spread apart, and tell him at
start of Season, these are your games, so start studying these teams now. That way he would have plenty of time to study those teams defense's,
and let him start and finish those games for several reasons.
1. give dak time off to rest and study his next opponent, it is a 17 game season and better if he is rested and not all beat up when playoffs start.
2.give trask playing time, see how he does,find out what you have in him.
3. the other team would think they are playing dak, so they would not be prepared for Trask.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In fact the only negative was he didnt throw the deep ball or do it well, and he is not a running qb.
He moves in pocket well senses pressure well, is smart, and he has taken snaps from under center, as well
as shotgun.
I would grab him if he is still there in the 3rd , or if you want to gamble try and get him in the 4th.

The reason I say this, is dak may or may not be the guy, and he may or may not get back to his previous level.
And if he got hurt again or had to miss some games, or they just want to give him a week off, they could
if they had Trask.
Trask would make a cheap bkup, and he would also be insurance for if dak doesnt pan out.

You never know what is going to happen, and with Trask dallas would be prepared to continue if something
did happen to dak. I will or someone else could add some trask HL to this thread.

I would always be bringing in new QBs. The position is too expensive *not* to try to hit on with draft picks on the cheap. And supposedly McCarthy is a QB Whisperer. Show us your magic, fat man.

The Hoodie kept drafting QBs with real picks while he had The Goat. Keep em coming.

Having said that, I like mobile guys for the backup QBs. If they have to play, let them run. Make them run. With so much money sunk into Dak, he should only be running where prudent. But let the backups just play. Your legs can help make up for a lack of talent in your arm. Use them.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You don't re-sign Dak just to draft a QB in the second round. This team has too many glaring holes and QB is not one of them. Dallas is all in with Dak, so fans might as well support him and their decision to go with him.

Adreme

Reaction score
as shotgun.

if they had Trask.

Nope. You do not pay 40+ million and then waver. There is no maybe. Dak IS the guy. Wasting a pick when the Cowboys roster is so devoid of talent right, and lets be honest this pick would be a waste, is a nonsensical move.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
as shotgun.

if they had Trask.

Get Trask. Should have used Trask to replace Dak, saved money, rebuild team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would always be bringing in new QBs. The position is too expensive *not* to try to hit on with draft picks on the cheap. And supposedly McCarthy is a QB Whisperer. Show us your magic, fat man.

The Hoodie kept drafting QBs with real picks while he had The Goat. Keep em coming.

Having said that, I like mobile guys for the backup QBs. If they have to play, let them run. Make them run. With so much money sunk into Dak, he should only be running where prudent. But let the backups just play. Your legs can help make up for a lack of talent in your arm. Use them.
Indeed, there should always be room on this roster for a quality developmental QB, the difference is that we dont develop a young quality talent, we sign aging vets like Dalton.
A sculptor likes to start off with a good quality clay, there is no sense in wasting your time if your base origin of project begins with inferior clay.
So far we are trying to sculpt with common field dirt, maybe the Nooch changes that but I doubt it.
The Hoodie proved a very simple theory, roster spots can be used to create and increase extra futures value.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I’d be shocked if Trask lasts that long...guessing second rounder

yep, there are too many QB starved teams that will make them draft one higher than they would expect. Even if just for depth. He will be gone by the 2nd round.

John813

Reaction score
I'm all for drafting a competent backup(obviously roll of dice) these next few years. Due to needs would be nice to find one in the 4th+.

I think if Dak was still tagged someone like Trask/similar ranked QBs would make sense

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
as shotgun.

if they had Trask.

Trask has a painfully slow release, is slow through his progressions, immobile and -- despite his bulk -- has marginal arm strength. He's a Day 3 prospect.