Should Dallas draft Kyle Trask in 3rd-4th round?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Never ever, ever draft for need in the first round. Gets teams in trouble all the time.

The exception to that is if you have an elite quarterback already. Otherwise, best player every time in at least the first round, if not the second round also.

If you have 2-3 players that "tied", then take need.
I totally disagree. So say best available is a RB. You taking him? A WR. You taking him? I don’t buy the best available only mentality. It should be best available at a position of need with a value overlay. That’s the formula.

erod

Reaction score
I totally disagree. So say best available is a RB. You taking him? A WR. You taking him? I don’t buy the best available only mentality. It should be best available at a position of need with a value overlay. That’s the formula.
Absolutely.

You don't pass up on Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice because you need Kevin Smith. Not in that round. Take the transcendant player.

If Pitts is there, you take him. He's quite possibly the next Tony Gonzalez, and you're not going to care what you "needed" when he's going to Pro Bowls. Then you trade Gallup for Gilmore or something.

He won't be there, but don't take guys just because you need a position. That gets you in trouble almost every time. That's how you end up with Ebennezar Ekuban, Kavika Pittman, and even Greg Ellis instead of Randy Moss.

erod

Reaction score
I hate it but its the market. BTW, in 2019 he DID have almost 5k yards passing. Thats not what I would call middling. Give the man more cred than that. jeesh lol.
Everybody has yards now. Defense is illegal. And a huge chunk of his yards come late when the game is over.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Absolutely.

You don't pass up on Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice because you need Kevin Smith. Not in that round. Take the transcendant player.

If Pitts is there, you take him. He's quite possibly the next Tony Gonzalez, and you're not going to care what you "needed" when he's going to Pro Bowls. Then you trade Gallup for Gilmore or something.

He won't be there, but don't take guys just because you need a position. That gets you in trouble almost every time. That's how you end up with Ebennezar Ekuban, Kavika Pittman, and even Greg Ellis instead of Randy Moss.
I hear you. I really do. I just don’t agree. Btw. Jerry Rice was not Jerry Rice coming out of college. He was too slow. What people didn’t realize is that he ran that 4.6 on any field. In the 4th quarter and with CBs draped on him. He was the fastest slow guy in world history.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why spend 40 mil on a QB that is slow to read, has questionable accuracy and who can’t throw a good out pass?
he is a top 10 QB in the league. not by your opinion or mine or any other pundits and self proclaimed Guru's on this internet message board. but by FO personnel in the NFL and most of the legitimate analysts and former football players in the NFL.

with that said, you do know that 4 out of 5 first round QBs fail or are average in the NFL. the statistics are even higher for 2nd round and beyond...so you want to waste a pick on a QB, because you are resentful of a contract, yet he is under contract for the next 4 years.....

btw, check the stats for yourself. he has been one of the most accurate and was second in the league in passing in 2019, and was leading the league in passing through 7 weeks in the NFL in 2020 although he got injured in game 5. he has been top 10 in QB ratings..

but hey, we should take your word for it, because he doesn't pass your biased eye test, given your eye test is better than 50 FO personnel in the NFL....oooookkkk

Bullet22

Reaction score
I think we should cut Dak, take the cap hit. and draft a brand new shiny qb..

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
he is a top 10 QB in the league. not by your opinion or mine or any other pundits and self proclaimed Guru's on this internet message board. but by FO personnel in the NFL and most of the legitimate analysts and former football players in the NFL.

with that said, you do know that 4 out of 5 first round QBs fail or are average in the NFL. the statistics are even higher for 2nd round and beyond...so you want to waste a pick on a QB, because you are resentful of a contract, yet he is under contract for the next 4 years.....

btw, check the stats for yourself. he has been one of the most accurate and was second in the league in passing in 2019, and was leading the league in passing through 7 weeks in the NFL in 2020 although he got injured in game 5. he has been top 10 in QB ratings..

but hey, we should take your word for it, because he doesn't pass your biased eye test, given your eye test is better than 50 FO personnel in the NFL....oooookkkk
I need to rely on your information. I thought he was 2-3 before he was injured. But at least he generated stats against subpar teams. Should have given him 80 million.... we got a bargain!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I was totally against the huge contract for Dak, but the deal is done and now he is my QB. I like Trask and wish we could get him anywhere from the 5th round and up, but we know he won't be there.

I'm a defensive purist, we have never won a super bowl with a sub par defense (less than top 10, mostly top 5) in our history. My first 4 picks would all be defensive players.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I was totally against the huge contract for Dak, but the deal is done and now he is my QB. I like Trask and wish we could get him anywhere from the 5th round and up, but we know he won't be there.

I'm a defensive purist, we have never won a super bowl with a sub par defense (less than top 10, mostly top 5) in our history. My first 4 picks would all be defensive players.
yes but jerry likes pitts and offensive players.