Should Hardy Appeal, or Nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogah

Reaction score
I've never complained about your posts... never agreed with one either but never complained. I just counter point your point and wait for your next volley.
It's entirely possible I'm getting people mixed up. Apologies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's entirely possible I'm getting people mixed up. Apologies.

No problem. You must get hit from all directions at various times, I can easily see were you would get confused. No apologies needed.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
When Hardy was suspended 10 games, there was zero outcry (outside Dallas). If popular sentient was that he was actually innocent, you would have seen tremendous outrage.

Now the suspension is reduced to 4. Again, no national outcry, save those who think it isn't strict enough.

Anyone who thinks most people (outside this forum) think Hardy is innocent is just not even remotely in touch with reality.

Now we find a person guilty not only based on opinions of the masses but the lack of public outrage whatever that means to you. That's laughable as well a logical fallacy based on an alleged negative response.

Alrighty then.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So , with the photos that the court and the NFL seen, do you think she just fell down the stairs? Regardless of any reason, even if she hit him with a bat, he should have never paid a hand on her. For that, he is what he is. Can he move forward? Yes. Does he deserve another chance? Yes. But for what he did, he's guilty.

Are you dense? Did you just say even if she hit him with a bat he shouldn't have put a hand on her? Wow knight in shining armor. If a chick hits me with a bat you better believe she is getting slammed until she is disarmed and if she catches bruises in the process then that's how the cookie crumbles. You're talking foolish now in your quest to vilify him.

MeTed

Reaction score
Yes, I'm the only one in this thread trying to make points and argue their point of view. <slash sarcasm>

Tell ya what.... Answer us this: Do you want me to "let it go" and leave this thread? Yes or no. If you say you want me to leave this thread, I will leave this thread. If not, I will stay. Just spare us this "you won't let it go" idiocy when there are about 10 people - including you - participating in the ongoing discussion.

If it was a discussion I would let it go. This is a rehash of previous arguments which are no longer relevant. For whatever reason, you refuse to accept certain facts (not opinions). I will leave it at that and move on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree with you on this subject.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would say Rogah is the only one that thinks like he does. He may be the most vocal but his mind set is prevalent in most of the country. Beating a woman in the manner that Hardy was accused should never be condoned. It's easy to just put that message out and condemn, condemn, condemn. Much harder is the ability to gather all the facts and form a more informed opinion on what most likely happen in this case. Even harder and IMO, bolder is to voice an informed opinion that flies in the face of the "Man Beat Woman" mob. Read about DA Murrays lack of faith in the alleged victims court testimony compared to her statements to authorities the night of the incident. Read about how witness that claimed they knew what happened that night, said they "saw nothing" in court. Read about the Judge in the case that was the sole arbiter in Hardy's guilty verdict was up for re-election and did not want to look soft on DV on this high profile case and already had a record of siding on the side of the woman on 99% of DV cases presented to her. People don't take the time to inform themselves about the details in this case so it's quite easy to see why most people would share the opinion of Rogah... another man beat a woman.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I did want to address this in particular. This is not persecution because we disagree. This is that you have three topics you will discuss and canned answers to defend them. I listed them and like a good robot you spit them out for me.

Outside of that you won't really talk about anything. You will always steer back with the bench trial or the like.

In particular, you don't really want to talk about her other than to say she was paid off.

You really have no response to her being on cocaine and very agitated as noted by the police.

She refused to get a restraining order against him and fired her first lawyer.

I've shown you how her lawyer was still soliciting civil action after the bench trial meaning she was not being paid to behave like that.

I've even told you about how reporters have followed up for corroboration of his throwaway line and he produced nothing.

Now how about you do a line by line of that.

This went ignored. Shocker!

Garrettop

Reaction score
Are you dense? Did you just say even if she hit him with a bat he shouldn't have put a hand on her? Wow knight in shining armor. If a chick hits me with a bat you better believe she is getting slammed until she is disarmed and if she catches bruises in the process then that's how the cookie crumbles. You're talking foolish now in your quest to vilify him.

Yeah there's a handful of IWKs "valiantly" fighting on the cokehead's behalf.

Rogah

Reaction score
Now we find a person guilty not only based on opinions of the masses but the lack of public outrage whatever that means to you. That's laughable as well a logical fallacy based on an alleged negative response.

Alrighty then.
Except that's not what I said. I never used public opinion as actual evidence that Hardy is guilty. Not once.

I did, however, use public opinion as reasoning behind the idea that Hardy might not want to appeal. If he gets seen as Ray Rice, Part II, it would cost him financially. He doesn't have "nothing to lose" by appealing.

In the future, could you please respond to what I *actually* said, instead of making stuff up then responding to what you're *pretending* I said?

Little Jr

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know why anyone would say Rogah is the only one that thinks like he does. He may be the most vocal but his mind set is prevalent in most of the country. Beating a woman in the manner that Hardy was accused should never be condoned. It's easy to just put that message out and condemn, condemn, condemn. Much harder is the ability to gather all the facts and form a more informed opinion on what most likely happen in this case. Even harder and IMO, bolder is to voice an informed opinion that flies in the face of the "Man Beat Woman" mob. Read about DA Murrays lack of faith in the alleged victims court testimony compared to her statements to authorities the night of the incident. Read about how witness that claimed they knew what happened that night, said they "saw nothing" in court. Read about the Judge in the case that was the sole arbiter in Hardy's guilty verdict was up for re-election and did not want to look soft on DV on this high profile case and already had a record of siding on the side of the woman on 99% of DV cases presented to her. People don't take the time to inform themselves about the details in this case so it's quite easy to see why most people would share the opinion of Rogah... another man beat a woman.

Yep only cowboy fans are informed and read up on the case. Lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Except that's not what I said. I never used public opinion as actual evidence that Hardy is guilty. Not once.

I did, however, use public opinion as reasoning behind the idea that Hardy might not want to appeal. If he gets seen as Ray Rice, Part II, it would cost him financially. He doesn't have "nothing to lose" by appealing.

In the future, could you please respond to what I *actually* said, instead of making stuff up then responding to what you're *pretending* I said?

I agree with you... your ignorance is hard enough to deal with. People attributing ignorance to you that you didn't even post just exasperates the issue. Get it together folks! :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Vested I interest also causes people to look through it with silver and blue glasses.

Perhaps for some but I have presented my opinion with supporting facts that have nothing to do with my fan affiliation even before Hardy signed with the Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.