CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired? If so, when?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, i say it sorta tongue in cheek due to the many ways you could look at it. Just a couple of my personal favorites:
1) Aren't TE's supposed to be a struggling QB's best friend?
2) 4 catches on 4 targets for 87 yards which equates to 41.8% of our passing output. Hmmm, might have tried harder to get them more ... whether i was the coach or the QB

You actually missed one - Jarwin's 11 yard catch made it 5 receptions for 98 yards.

visionary

Reaction score
This response is so ridiculous all I can do is shake my head and laugh. I gave a laundry list of things that would help him succeed in the front office (smart, well educated, understands football, knows how the NFL and NFL teams work, personable and diplomatic, has an even temperament, has experience as both a player and coach and a working knowledge of virtually all aspects of the game at the NFL level ...) and your response is to pretend that I have said all a person needs is to be personable.

By the way, where is your explanation of how a person that made it to the NFL as a player and coach could have failed at every level of football, as you claimed, and also your evidence that I said Garrett was a great coach in waiting, as you also claimed?

Seems you have a habit of just making up whatever suits you.

So now someone who "made it to the NFL" but was a clip holder back up and crashed and burned at every single coaching position and can't evaluate talent should be in our FO?

Boy you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into a ditch

Quit while you're behind

Or better yet, just clap and spit rhythmically like your idol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm merely a mule.

Actually, if it could be done perfectly then I should change my vote from immediately to after the season. This way the team tanks as much as possible with Garrett leading the circus. But I would take immediately simply to get him out of here 100%. If another coach comes in we might win a bunch more games with the enthusiasm alone from his firing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now someone who "made it to the NFL" but was a clip holder back up and crashed and burned at every single coaching position and can't evaluate talent should be in our FO?

Boy you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into a ditch

Quit while you're behind

Or better yet, just clap and spit rhythmically like your idol

Nice backpeddle. You said he failed at EVERY LEVEL of football. And here you are covering for yet another made up statement.

And, again, I ask you to prove how being a top coach is a requirement for a front office job, and to look at how many front offices are staffed by elite coaches. You run from that like the plague.

Now you are calling him my “idol” ... a man who I have said is not a good NFL coach. Seems making things up to all you can do. You are either intentionally obtuse or mistaking you’re silly emotional grudge against Garrett for reason.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am cautiously getting excited, I feel like the fire Garrett train is picking up steam....HOWEVER, deep down I know, we will finish 8-8 and when Philly wins the division at 9-7 Jerry will declare that we are only 1 win away from being a playoff team and give Jason a lifetime contract....

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I am cautiously getting excited, I feel like the fire Garrett train is picking up steam....HOWEVER, deep down I know, we will finish 8-8 and when Philly wins the division at 9-7 Jerry will declare that we are only 1 win away from being a playoff team and give Jason a lifetime contract....
This division is so bad right now I can see the Cowboys hanging around for months.

Skillit

Reaction score
I defended Red ball until the falcon game last year.....I dealt with the clock mismanagement, The predictable play calling.... which worked when our offense of line was it 100% strength, but it still didn’t help us in the playoffs. Some originality or imagination is required.

But watching our quarterback get sacked time after time and not one single adjustment was made...... that’s a coach who can’t see past his own playbook. I don’t care what the OC said or didn’t say—-you get that fixed on the spot.

We’ve seen enough. This year is more of the same.

visionary

Reaction score
Nice backpeddle. You said he failed at EVERY LEVEL of football. And here you are covering for yet another made up statement.

And, again, I ask you to prove how being a top coach is a requirement for a front office job, and to look at how many front offices are staffed by elite coaches. You run from that like the plague.

Now you are calling him my “idol” ... a man who I have said is not a good NFL coach. Seems making things up to all you can do. You are either intentionally obtuse or mistaking you’re silly emotional grudge against Garrett for reason.

So here are your criteria for inclusion in cowboys front office

1. Really bad coach
2. No idea about talent evaluation
3. Success at peevee football as a player (Princeton is pretty much peevee football)
4. Personable and even handed

Hmmm....

Perhaps we should also put Scott Linehan in our FO. He seems "personable" and "even handed" enough and appears to be just as incompetent as a OC and HC and know just as little about talent evaluation as your idol Garrett

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So here are your criteria for inclusion in cowboys front office

1. Really bad coach
2. No idea about talent evaluation
3. Success at peevee football as a player (Princeton is pretty much peevee football)
4. Personable and even handed

Hmmm....

Perhaps we should also put Scott Linehan in our FO. He seems "personable" and "even handed" enough and appears to be just as incompetent as a OC and HC and know just as little about talent evaluation as your idol Garrett

lol - once again you are resorting to pure fabrication and fantasy to make a pretend argument. Sorry, but your complete inability to have a rational discussion is laughable, and your complete willingness to make up whatever suits you is, well, kinda sad.

Every argument you make is based on pretending I've said or indicated something I haven't, either by ridiculous and nonsensical interpretation, or just plain lies.

And you ignore my questions about where are you finding evidence that being a top coach - or even a coach at all - is necessary to being a successful front office employee, and where did you come up with the lie that I claimed Garrett was a great coach in waiting, or where did you come up with the nonsense that a guy i have repeatedly said is not a good coach is my idol. And lets not forget the lie that Garrett has never been successful at any level of football, which you are now covering up by saying it was only Princeton. Even ifit's only Princetion, it was still a lie. Lying and fabricating is just what you do.

Bye now - have the last, nonsensical word, as I know you will, and move along.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not only should Garrett be fired, he should be fired at................

shutterstock_940935581.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
Season's end. Give Jerry time to find a replacement. Immediately is how we got Garrett in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.