CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired? If so, when?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

droopdog7

Reaction score
How about we let the season play out first? I mean, we're a half game out of first place.

waldoputty

Reaction score
This offense is in total disarray. Finger pointing is happening more and more. When anonymous assts get involved, it's a sign the HC is losing control of the team. Still, I wait until after the season to fire him. This offense does not have the talent to turn it around. Play it out and scrap it in the off-season.

garrett = mvp for the tank!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
with every passing day, mirror melon is giving away ur nasty secrets
- to be continued
:cool:;)
Hark, for doth mine ear perceive the thunderous evocation almost rivalling that akin to the horn of a '66' VW bugs car horn in a hurricane,,, but of course tis the one & lonely crap Dashboard feeble leader of the " LEGION of Lame" obviously it is apparent in further sowing his seeds of lameness & s*** stirring ,,,What's happening,CRAP:confused:

* hey Wally I'm done for the day, BRO, YOU& DD can dance the victors jig ,,,you two WIN this days contest ,,,,COPY!
* don't push it :thumbup:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Hark, for doth mine ear perceive the thunderous evocation almost rivalling that akin to the horn of a '66' VW bugs car horn in a hurricane,,, but of course tis the one & lonely crap Dashboard feeble leader of the " LEGION of Lame" obviously it is apparent in further sowing his seeds of lameness & s*** stirring ,,,What's happening,CRAP:confused:

* hey Wally I'm done for the day, BRO, YOU& DD can dance the victors jig ,,,you two WIN this days contest ,,,,COPY!
* don't push it :thumbup:

have a nice day bro:thumbup:
but dont spend too much on the 'girls'
mirror says hi!

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
First, “front office” does not equal GM or unilateral responsibility for player personnel. The GM is in the front office, but he isn’t the entire front office.

Second, you apparently are completely ignorant to the fact that working in the front office entails much more than player personnel.

Third, look at front offices around the NFL - even GMs - and tell me how many got their jobs based on being great football guys with an uncanny personal ability to evaluate talent.

Fourth, scouts and coaches do the majority of the talent evaluation.

Fifth, provide support for your claim/ lie that I built him up to be a great coach in waiting. That kind of nonsensical comment is what comes from people who cannot respond rationally, so they resort to emotion and baseless accusations.

So your argument is, here is a former NFL player who is apparently personable and even tempered but has repeatedly failed at every level of football so the cowboys should give him a role in their FO because that does not require coaching excellence or talent evaluation?

Yep, that makes total sense

:facepalm:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So your argument is, here is a former NFL player who is apparently personable and even tempered but has repeatedly failed at every level of football so the cowboys should give him a role in their FO because that does not require coaching excellence or talent evaluation?

Yep, that makes total sense

:facepalm:

Nice try (actually not), but if you have to twist things to fabricate an argument it never had any merit to begin with.

I am curious to see you explain how a person that failed at every level of football made it to the NFL and had a 7 year career. Sorry, but that was a blatantly nonsensical statement.

But let's move on from that for a minute. As much as you want to try and make it sound like a joke, the reality is it is very clear that being a great coach is not a prerequisite for working effectively in the front office of an NFL team. In fact, it's fairly rare that great coaches are key figures in an NFL front office.

As for talent evaluation, first, what do we have to suggest Garrett isn't good at that? Think about your answer carefully. If you say it's because he hasn't done a good job of it as head coach, then what you are saying is the front office doesn't have that responsibility, which then undermines your argument that he would be bad in the front office because he can't evaluate talent. I feel it's important to point that out to you because you seem to be the kind of guy that would say it's the responsibility of whatever position Garrett holds with the team - head coach if that's what Garrett is, and front office is that's where Garrett is.

And, finally, you still ridiculously don't understand that there are lots of roles in the front office - and that him working in the front office is not the equivalent of handing him the keys to the team and giving him total responsibility for everything. Accordingly, your entire argument is based on a false premise, not to mention non-existent logic.

Big_D

Reaction score
He didn't deserve the OC job, he didn't deserve the HC job and he certainly didn't earn a job in the front office. Weird how some look at it as a proverbial step in the right direction. It's time for this team to part ways with Jason Garrett, not move him further up the ladder.

CWR

Reaction score
Save the season, fire Garrett. Far as Im concerned he already cost us one game this season. . . .

visionary

Reaction score
Nice try (actually not), but if you have to twist things to fabricate an argument it never had any merit to begin with.

I am curious to see you explain how a person that failed at every level of football made it to the NFL and had a 7 year career. Sorry, but that was a blatantly nonsensical statement.

But let's move on from that for a minute. As much as you want to try and make it sound like a joke, the reality is it is very clear that being a great coach is not a prerequisite for working effectively in the front office of an NFL team. In fact, it's fairly rare that great coaches are key figures in an NFL front office.

As for talent evaluation, first, what do we have to suggest Garrett isn't good at that? Think about your answer carefully. If you say it's because he hasn't done a good job of it as head coach, then what you are saying is the front office doesn't have that responsibility, which then undermines your argument that he would be bad in the front office because he can't evaluate talent. I feel it's important to point that out to you because you seem to be the kind of guy that would say it's the responsibility of whatever position Garrett holds with the team - head coach if that's what Garrett is, and front office is that's where Garrett is.

And, finally, you still ridiculously don't understand that there are lots of roles in the front office - and that him working in the front office is not the equivalent of handing him the keys to the team and giving him total responsibility for everything. Accordingly, your entire argument is based on a false premise, not to mention non-existent logic.

Your long winded statement is just as nonsensical as the previous shorter one

By your criteria every former cowboy player who is 'personable ' should be in our FO

Stop clutching at straws just because you were wrong about Garrett and won't admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.