Should our next OC be an external hire or an internal promotion?

Should our next OC be an external hire or an internal promotion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cern

Reaction score
None of the "within" names is exciting. And I've heard nothing definitive about any outsiders to date. But if we can't do better than linehan, all hope is lost.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I doubt this was Jason's decision, even if he wanted Scott gone. Doesn't seem to me like he has any real say in who is and isn't on what is really Jerry's coaching staff.

I don't think it was JG's decision either. I think his statement about Linehan was accurate and from the heart. Maybe some descension in the ranks on this one. It's the first indication that I've seen that there is a possible kink in the alliance. Yes JJ's ultimate decision but I think SJ and possibly McClay had a hand in it too, SJ for sure

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Nussmeier or lil Kellen don't inspire you 408? Both ex-QB's like our previous two OC's. Both reached the same level of greatness as a QB too :muttley:
I'm so inspired I forgot Nussmeier was on the staff until his name started floating around as a candidate for OC.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm so inspired I forgot Nussmeier was on the staff until his name started floating around as a candidate for OC.
OC for the Michigan Wolverines and Florida Gators, Offensive Analyst for LSU...He does have a bit of a varied resume. Former QB. Not a bad guy to have as a positional coach.

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m all for an internal hire...as long as it doesn’t come with a Garrett extension. If it’s a last Garrett hoorah with Moore as the OC I’m perfectly fine with it

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Depends on if Moore is a real hotshot. Also, if they're gonna wait until next year to decide on an extension for Garrett, why bring in an outsider that would get flushed if there's a coaching change? Do we want Dak running a new offense 3 years in row?