Should QB's be limited how much they make?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dear Fellow Fanzone Freaks--- I am so sick and tired of how much money QB's make in NFL compared

the rest of the players on a team...plus it cripples the team from being able to put quality players

at other positions....we have all heard the top 6 QB's who make the most money in NFL were not even

in the playoffs...i am so sick of it...the good teams have QB's that take less so other players can make

more and have a better team...i wish Dak would step up and say...i am only taking 15 mil a year cause

i want and need good players around me!!...but he wont...he will be a money grabber probably

what do you all think????..thanks for your views in advance

sincerely
GORICO

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dear Fellow Fanzone Freaks--- I am so sick and tired of how much money QB's make in NFL compared

the rest of the players on a team...plus it cripples the team from being able to put quality players

at other positions....we have all heard the top 6 QB's who make the most money in NFL were not even

in the playoffs...i am so sick of it...the good teams have QB's that take less so other players can make

more and have a better team...i wish Dak would step up and say...i am only taking 15 mil a year cause

i want and need good players around me!!...but he wont...he will be a money grabber probably

sincerely
GORICO
yes they should..no more than 9-10% of cap

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
i wish Dak would step up and say...i am only taking 15 mil a year cause

sincerely
GORICO

It's a business. This is his life. He should squeeze money out of it. He doesn't have a billionaire super model wife to pay the bills. This next contract largely sets his finances for his family for generations.

Having said that, there are advantages to playing for the Cowboys, with endorsement deals, visibility, and no income tax. But I'm sure Jerry reminds everyone of that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Fanzone Freaks--- I am so sick and tired of how much money QB's make in NFL compared the rest of the players on a team...

The more it's a passing league, the more the QB matters to your success.

But I'd like to see a team try to build a team by churning running QBs from college. I think that could be a viable strategy. QBs come to the NFL with a lot more mileage on their arms than they used to. And if you run them, you add a dimension to their game that the elite won't match. Brady aint gonna be sprinting down the field too often. Except celebrating after a SB win. Well, even that will be more of a jog.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's a business. This is his life. He should squeeze money out of it. He doesn't have a billionaire super model wife to pay the bills. This next contract largely sets his finances for his family for generations.

Having said that, there are advantages to playing for the Cowboys, with endorsement deals, visibility, and no income tax. But I'm sure Jerry reminds everyone of that.
yes i realize we all would probably do same thing but...i am sick of QB's being over paid too...look how much Minnesota gave their QB..and its all guaranteed...makes me sick

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you are sick of how much QB's make.....blame the owners....blame the CBA. The league needs to increase the salary cap. They are making far too much to not increase that salary cap. Can't blame QB's...all they are doing is signing a contract. Who would turn down a Garapolo or Kirk Cousins contract?

And at the same token.....Dak makes less than a million a year. So you have no problem with those guys making pennies in comparison to other players but when its time for them to make money now its a problem?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Fanzone Freaks--- I am so sick and tired of how much money QB's make in NFL compared the rest of the players on a team...plus it cripples the team from being able to put quality players

sincerely
GORICO
Blame the players for negotiating a cap into the NFL back in the day. Hope you dont find out that the owners are making more than all the players and coaches combined.....oops.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
yes i realize we all would probably do same thing but...i am sick of QB's being over paid too...look how much Minnesota gave their QB..and its all guaranteed...makes me sick

QBs getting overpaid is a problem with management, not the QBs.

But I agree that lots of QBs are overpaid. Hence my other comments about having a deliberate strategy of getting by with cheap QBs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And at the same token.....Dak makes less than a million a year. So you have no problem with those guys making pennies in comparison to other players but when its time for them to make money now its a problem?

Dak got a significant bump from pay for play. Still, I think he holds out without a new contract.

cern

Reaction score
Won't happen. Can only be done thru cba. Ergo, impossible.

JPostSam

Reaction score
i’d like to see a cap on the highest paid player on the team, and a floor for the lowest paid player on the team.

so, forget league minimum salary. you’d have a team minimum salary of, say, 1% of the annual cap.

and, you’d have a team maximum salary of, say, 12% of the cap.

how you manage everyone else in between is up to you.

the disparities between the top of the roster and the bottom of the roster would shrink a bit. quarterbacks and pass rushers would rake in slightly less, but the “cheap” players would earn more. given the short-term nature of the league, most players would fare better. and, because the difference between a veteran and a younger player wouldn’t be as pronounced, there would be less turnover.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The owners can set the market by simply not paying stupid deals. If you were keenum would you turn down the amount offered? No you take it. When teams cut veterans faster, play rookie QB more and not give crazy 2nd contracts things would change.

T-RO

Reaction score
If you are sick of how much QB's make.....blame the owners....blame the CBA. The league needs to increase the salary cap. They are making far too much to not increase that salary cap.

They increase the cap every year--above inflation rate! And ticket prices go up along with them--above inflation rate. This is nonsense.

T-RO

Reaction score
Qbs get paid so much more because they make such huge difference on team success--and there aren't enough really good ones to go around.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
They increase the cap every year--above inflation rate! And ticket prices go up along with them--above inflation rate. This is nonsense.
When do they ever have enough money and I'm talking the owners on down.