Should The Cowboys Call The Jets Again About Jamal Adams

Should The Cowboys Call The Jets Again About Jamal Adams

• Total voters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually think there is a good chance we could get one of the top safeties in the draft. So, it all comes down to wanting a proven safety, or just getting one to become homegrown talent.

I'd just go with Delpit and someone like Curtis Weaver in the second.
One question I have is what ate the particulars of what Nolan plans on doing? If we wants more exotic blitz packages, Im in board with looking into Adams. He has good coverage skills amd range, but he isnt a turnover creater. However he is a catalytic player playing downhill. He is the type of SS you want in that type of scheme. A SS that terrifies teams off the blitz, and can cover a ton of ground when someone else does.

However if thats not what you are going to run, you are wasting his talent. Especially considering he isnt a TO machine

mattjames2010

Reaction score
One question I have is what ate the particulars of what Nolan plans on doing? If we wants more exotic blitz packages, Im in board with looking into Adams. He has good coverage skills amd range, but he isnt a turnover creater. However he is a catalytic player playing downhill. He is the type of SS you want in that type of scheme. A SS that terrifies teams off the blitz, and can cover a ton of ground when someone else does.

However if thats not what you are going to run, you are wasting his talent. Especially considering he isnt a TO machine

Not even sure what scheme we'll be, to be honest. That's why I've been checking out 3-4 linebackers in the draft and one of the main reasons I don't want to give up any picks if we do a switch.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Let's see what McCarthy thinks, not what the Jones' think.
I pictured you winking after finishing that statement.

To answer the question at hand here I tend to think MM needs to have a few years drafting over FA for the sake of our assessment. I don’t care what assesses Jerry Jones Walker Blue Sr. Now Jerry Jr. on the other hand is a Jones under appreciated.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not even sure what scheme we'll be, to be honest. That's why I've been checking out 3-4 linebackers in the draft and one of the main reasons I don't want to give up any picks if we do a switch.
Thats why its hard to make a call on some of these specific players?

Adams is a good example. I consisider him an elite Safety. But he is also a guy that is maximized in the right scheme. You put him in a Cover 2, he wouldnt be bad its a poor fit for his skill set.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No.

Not enough production to validate a 1st. Go cheap at SS.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No.

Not enough production to validate a 1st. Go cheap at SS.
He has production. He just isnt a TO creator. He is a downhill player. He as good coverage range, but he is not a player that is going create turnovers in the secondary. He is a player that creates havoc in the backfield

Kaiser

Reaction score
No.

Jamal Adams is a stud. But at this point. Save the first rounder for the draft. The entire point of trading a first rounder mid season, was to get help immediately. The cowboys don’t need help immediately in the off season.

Also I haven't really studied this draft but we could easily have a top ten safety drop out of that range and fall to us at 17. Then you have the same type of talent under control for five years.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also I haven't really studied this draft but we could easily have a top ten safety drop out of that range and fall to us at 17. Then you have the same type of talent under control for five years.
There arent any top 10 Safeties in this draft

MCMetal69

Reaction score
No

In their current draft position you can get someone in the 1st round and locked up for several seasons on a rookie contract ; they probably won't be as good as Adams is right now , but you'd have far more cap space to fix other areas of need...........................If we were 1 player (safety) away from being a definite Super Bowl team , I'd say yes , but be honest , we aren't...............

FanSince71

Reaction score
Not even sure what scheme we'll be, to be honest.

A couple of days ago, McCarthy confirmed to media that we will stay a 4 man defensive line, but play in sub packages 80-85% of the time. He also said to “just get me good football players” and they will find ways for them to make plays rather than try and fit players to a scheme.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Depends if they still overrated him and want multiple ridiculous picks for him.

McCarthy does however put more value on safety's than we're used to seeing.