Should The Cowboys Call The Jets Again About Jamal Adams

Should The Cowboys Call The Jets Again About Jamal Adams

• Total voters

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not saying should they necessarily make a trade. Asking if they should restart trade talks

What are the chances of getting Delpit in the draft? I doubt that kid lasts until we pick. Everyone be sure to thank Garrett for that meaningless win at the end of the year.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What are the chances of getting Delpit in the draft? I doubt that kid lasts until we pick. Everyone be sure to thank Garrett for that meaningless win at the end of the year.
Dont want him. He will most def be there when we pick.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, they should offer NY a 3rd round pick and do a sign and trade. This is another Amari Cooper situation where the player is ready for a new deal. You don't rent a player for a premium draft pick.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Adams and even though I still believe in Cooper. Great players or not, that would be back to back “draft picks” that will be making superstar vet money. I don’t think you can do that in back to back years. HAVE TO take advantage of the cheap labor from the draft at some point.

Reactions: CWR

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would MAYBE kick the tires and call. I don't want JJ calling. I want McClay or MM to do that.

ultron

Reaction score
Would you trade Dak str8 up for Adams?
The Jets would probably ask for even more than that.. so its basically an irrelevant thread.
No, we could get a lot for Dak if we signed and traded him, a couple number #1's and a few #3's at the very least.

A lot of mock drafts have us taking Delpit or the safety from Alabama (McKinney)

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, we could get a lot for Dak if we signed and traded him, a couple number #1's and a few #3's at the very least.

A lot of mock drafts have us taking Delpit or the safety from Alabama (McKinney)
At this point, I'm just gonna trust MM and McClay...no matter what. WE HAVE A VISION and plan for the first time since Parcels was here.

CWR

Reaction score
I love Adams and even though I still believe in Cooper. Great players or not, that would be back to back “draft picks” that will be making superstar vet money. I don’t think you can do that in back to back years. HAVE TO take advantage of the cheap labor from the draft at some point.

I hear ya, but what do you think Adams will cost? Its quite a bit different paying a Safety than a WR, although it may still he a bit rich.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
No! I want us to have all of our draft capital so that Will McClay can begin to build this team for Mike McCarthy.

visionary

Reaction score
I voted yes with the caveat that we give up no more than a Rd 2 pick.
He’s not playing in NY next year and the team that trades for him will need a new deal in short order

visionary

Reaction score
Do you let a guy like Byron Jones go..

just to sign a FA like Adam's at safety for the same money as redoing the Jones deal?

If you have to trade something to get Adams..then no.

I see no progress if you trade for Adam's only to turn around and having to spend a #1 or #2 pick to draft a CB..

I say keep Jones and draft the safety and fix other problems at TE and DL with your other picks.

Compensatory picks may come to help us as well.

Let's see.

I’ll take Adams over BJ in a heartbeat

this board just does not understand the value of a great safety

garyv

Reaction score
Not saying should they necessarily make a trade. Asking if they should restart trade talks

Im going to say no but it depends on free agency and whats available. I would say keep your first rounder unless they will take a 2021 first rounder. This year i would rather draft DT in the first round than sign a safety like HaHa Clinton Dix in free agency. I just know this and Ive stated in other threads. We need 6 new faces 3 in the draft and 3 in free agency that can start right now. No more eating Tacos on the Hill.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear ya, but what do you think Adams will cost? Its quite a bit different paying a Safety than a WR, although it may still he a bit rich.

Probably starts with what Earl got in Baltimore. A lot more than a rookie deal. Would love to have the player though...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we afford him? Give Dak 35+ a year what's left to give out? Can't afford too many big contracts

Oneiros

Reaction score
Probably starts with what Earl got in Baltimore. A lot more than a rookie deal. Would love to have the player though...
From what I recall reading he wants to either be the top or in the top 3 salary for safeties in the league.

He wouldn't be renewing for cheap.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’ll take Adams over BJ in a heartbeat

this board just does not understand the value of a great safety
Hmm..

I think we do.

My standard was when Woody played back in the 90s.

Trouble then was just like now..

he was a converted Lber and not a true safety.

Dallas did not want to invest in a high draft pick for the position and preferred to do it by converting players.

So as fans, we have little to compare it to and when Dallas did try to fix the position with Byron Jones a few years back..

It did not work and he was in danger of being labeled a bust until Richard moved him to CB.

So now here we are again. Only we have to decide how to invest given the changes in coaching and how the new DC sees what he has and how to go with personnel.

I am glad they waited on this. If they had done this back at the deadline..it would have cost more to trade.

So again, if there is a younger DB we can draft, I think it cheaper and more wise to that route.

Big question is, do we have the coaches in place to make that work.

I have no clue yet.

All of these changes are up in the air.

Who knows?

MM does not know yet. He has a really big job ahead and we have some waiting to do.

Jake0

Reaction score
All of Dallas' cheap rookie contracts are turning into gigantic mega contracts now, there's no room to pay big money to proven stars now. Have to draft well and fill out the roster with cheap talent. Need to keep all draft picks really and hit on some.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sign Brady for 1 year and tag Dak? JUST AN IDEA. Dak is my guy, but if Tom would be willing to play just for 1 year, that might be tempting.