Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've got a news flash for you. That isn't the goal.

Unless of course, you like division winning baseball caps.

I have higher goals. And so far he hasn't even come close.
Yeah but it's clear goal is to be successful in the regular season because that's goal number one you cannot make the playoffs unless you're good can you have a shot... She can't skip over it but you're not gonna get to the playoffs on a yearly basis by getting rid of your best players and starting over because you have no idea how long it's gonna take to do that and I can tell you this living under this thread Justin fields is not the answer he's gonna be traded this year to somebody and we don't have room for him so it's a moot point someone please delete the thread Justin fields is not going to be explored he's not gonna be a Dallas cowboy nor can he make the Dallas Cowboys better then where Prescott has us so it's a moot point the thread was busted as soon as the original poster hit post reply..

That's what I'm saying you clearly have to be good in the regular season or you're never making the playoffs and I'm not ready to be the fan of a team who goes five or six years at 500 or below and doesn't make the playoffs I'd rather ***** and whine about failing in the playoffs then failing in the regular season and not making the playoffs... That's my point I know fans wanna go to an NFC championship game I know we wanna get back to a Super Bowl but this thing comes in cycles there are a lot of other teams in the NFL that have had far worse droughts that have had longer eras of bad football this is not bad football this is falling short disappointing football but this is not what most fans in here make it out to be..

If Justin fields was the guy the Chicago Bears would be keeping him he is not gonna be better than Prescott this guy's on his way to being a solid quarterback possibly you know like Jacoby brissett Jimmy garoppolo maybe but that ain't better than dak Prescott MVP second in voting second team all pro had one of his best seasons so no we're not going to explore Justin fields that's the point we have a guy probably on the team already and Trey Lance it might be a similar player 2 Justin fields...​

RonWashington

Reaction score
Fields is younger and mobile and that’s it. He struggles throwing from the pocket and looks to run. He’s had 30 fumbles in 3 seasons. He’s not the answer which is why the Bears will be drafting another QB. Hard to believe any fan would rather have a QB that’s never passed for 2600 yards and has never led their team to the playoffs over Dak.

What kind of team was Fields supposed to lead to the playoffs ? Coaching bad OL bad defense abysmal . I’ve seen enough over 8 yrs and playoff flameouts to try something different .

At the very least do not extend Prescott . Not extending McCarthy was at least something . It’s now or never for MM . He’s at the end of his coaching string one and done in the playoffs he’s gone and let’s see what Mr QB does in 24

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What kind of team was Fields supposed to lead to the playoffs ? Coaching bad OL bad defense abysmal . I’ve seen enough over 8 yrs and playoff flameouts to try something different .

At the very least do not extend Prescott . Not extending McCarthy was at least something . It’s now or never for MM . He’s at the end of his coaching string one and done in the playoffs he’s gone and let’s see what Mr QB does in 24
If the Bears thought it was the team holding Fields back they would stay with him and put more pieces around him. They could trade the first overall pick for a lot of picks and build around Fields but they realize he can’t get it done effectively in the passing game. He also turns the ball over too much. They need a productive passer who can make plays from the pocket but can also scramble and run. I would like to see Dak play out his contract but his cap hit will be around $55M. We won’t be able to improve the team with that cap hit. There’s a lot of ways to massage the cap. We’ll see how the team handles it but the Cowboys have no chance to compete for a championship with some of the QBs fans would like to replace Dak with.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
Why did a waterboy leave us?

McMicah

Reaction score
Just saw on Twitter that Justin is about to be traded to the falcons. WHY ARENT WE DOING THAT WITH DAK

CowboyChris

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter none of them won a Super Bowl and that’s what everyone is crying about with Dak. If the Cowboys reached three conference championship games and didn’t win any of them, you and others would continue to call him a choker. Trade him and take your chances with your first round picks. The odds are you’ll end up with a QB that you can’t even make the playoffs with and all you’ll have to look forward to every April is a high draft pick. Keep burning draft picks on QBs you hope can win a Super Bowl and see how long that takes.

His agent got him a no trade clause in his current contract. As in “no trade”.
players waive them all the time

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
players waive them all the time
Only if it improves their financial posture. Dak is a free agent in 12 months. His agent wants a top of market contract for him. What would you trade for Dak Prescott under these circumstances? Unless the new team is offering a $60 million AAV deal he’ll play out his current deal and wave goodbye to the Cowboys this time next year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fields is younger and mobile and that’s it. He struggles throwing from the pocket and looks to run. He’s had 30 fumbles in 3 seasons. He’s not the answer which is why the Bears will be drafting another QB. Hard to believe any fan would rather have a QB that’s never passed for 2600 yards and has never led their team to the playoffs over Dak.
Again...give him a good line and see what happens. He has no protection he HAS to run.

And we know here what that does to a QB.

I was about to say I can't figure out your deal. But I think you have DDS.

McMicah

Reaction score
His agent got him a no trade clause in his current contract. As in “no trade”.
There’s no such thing as a true no trade. It just requires Daks approval. If you tell Dak he’s gonna sit so you can see what you have in Lance, he can either sit or go play for a falcons team that’s ready to win now

CowboyChris

Reaction score
There’s no such thing as a true no trade. It just requires Daks approval. If you tell Dak he’s gonna sit so you can see what you have in Lance, he can either sit or go play for a falcons team that’s ready to win now
exactly, most people think it’s a league rule or something, Dak can waive it easily

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the Bears thought it was the team holding Fields back they would stay with him and put more pieces around him. They could trade the first overall pick for a lot of picks and build around Fields but they realize he can’t get it done effectively in the passing game. He also turns the ball over too much. They need a productive passer who can make plays from the pocket but can also scramble and run. I would like to see Dak play out his contract but his cap hit will be around $55M. We won’t be able to improve the team with that cap hit. There’s a lot of ways to massage the cap. We’ll see how the team handles it but the Cowboys have no chance to compete for a championship with some of the QBs fans would like to replace Dak with.
Be careful their you are making too much sense.

Sure let's take another flyer on highly drafted QB that their current team does not want and has given up on early.

If we do it enough times one has to pan out right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Be careful their you are making too much sense.

Sure let's take another flyer on highly drafted QB that their current team does not want and has given up on early.

If we do it enough times one has to pan out right?
Jerry understands that the odds are more against you than in your favor that a first round QB will turn into a franchise QB. For every one that does, two or three go bust. He’s hoping he can use a mid round pick and hit on one. It does happen but if they fail, it’s not a big blow to your franchise. The only way he’ll use a first round pick on a QB is if he has nothing at the position. That happened in 1989.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry understands that the odds are more against you than in your favor that a first round QB will turn into a franchise QB. For every one that does, two or three go bust. He’s hoping he can use a mid round pick and hit on one. It does happen but if they fail, it’s not a big blow to your franchise. The only way he’ll use a first round pick on a QB is if he has nothing at the position. That happened in 1989.
Well we would have been better off using a 4th in this years draft than wasting it on Trance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well we would have been better off using a 4th in this years draft than wasting it on Trance.
A 4th round pick is a complete roll of the dice. No assurances we would end up with a good player but I would’ve preferred to use it on another player. I don’t have a lot of confidence Lance will turn out. If we didn’t use the pick on Lance fans would be fuming if we don’t draft a QB in this draft. Jerry has already stated that we won’t be using a pick on a QB in April.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s insane to me the amount of whining and complaining about Dak (much of it valid) but then some folks want Justin Fields.

Unexplainable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A 4th round pick is a complete roll of the dice. No assurances we would end up with a good player but I would’ve preferred to use it on another player. I don’t have a lot of confidence Lance will turn out. If we didn’t use the pick on Lance fans would be fuming if we don’t draft a QB in this draft. Jerry has already stated that we won’t be using a pick on a QB in April.
So GM Jeruh is committed to someone at QB, or is willing to start a rookie next year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only if it improves their financial posture. Dak is a free agent in 12 months. His agent wants a top of market contract for him. What would you trade for Dak Prescott under these circumstances? Unless the new team is offering a $60 million AAV deal he’ll play out his current deal and wave goodbye to the Cowboys this time next year.
Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.