Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lol... the book has yet to be written on Dak? going on to year 9, we know who Dak is, a playoff choker!
He’s about to be extended, we haven’t come close reaching the final chapter with him. You would rather have Russell Wilson or Justin Fields who are both coming off three straight losing seasons. According to you Wilson would be just what the doctor ordered. It would be a prescription by Dr. Kevorkian. Lol Why don’t you just admit you would rather have a top 10 pick every year than have a chance in the playoffs

CowboyChris

Reaction score
He’s about to be extended, we haven’t come close reaching the final chapter with him. You would rather have Russell Wilson or Justin Fields who are both coming off three straight losing seasons. According to you Wilson would be just what the doctor ordered. It would be a prescription by Dr. Kevorkian. Lol Why don’t you just admit you would rather have a top 10 pick every year than have a chance in the playoffs
I would trade him for 2 1st rounders and take my chances

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re calling him a choker but you think he’s worth two first round picks? :huh: You’ll likely end up with nothing at QB taking your chances because that’s what draft picks are, chances, especially with QBs. You’ll be taking your chances every 2-4 years drafting QB’s in the top 10, regretting the decision you made to trade him.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
wonder how many of them have made it to the conference championship, something Dak hasnt ever done
*Goff, Allen, *Burrow, Jackson, & *Purdy

Wentz pretty much got the Eagles to the postseason in 2017. Could possibly count him, though he didn't play in the postseason.

*=lost in SB

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
wonder how many of them have made it to the conference championship, something Dak hasnt ever done
It doesn’t matter none of them won a Super Bowl and that’s what everyone is crying about with Dak. If the Cowboys reached three conference championship games and didn’t win any of them, you and others would continue to call him a choker. Trade him and take your chances with your first round picks. The odds are you’ll end up with a QB that you can’t even make the playoffs with and all you’ll have to look forward to every April is a high draft pick. Keep burning draft picks on QBs you hope can win a Super Bowl and see how long that takes. :thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they swing and miss they swing and miss. You’re only focused on what could go wrong though. Seattle moved on from Wilson and immediately made the playoffs. Green Bay moved on from Rodgers and got better and made the playoffs. Kansas City moved tyreek hill and won two super bowls. Just because you move talent doesn’t mean you get worse.

IMO the cowboys paying Dak, parsons, lamb, bland, etc over the next two years and bringing the band back but not aggressively addressing other needs just causes this team to slowly bleed. I struggle to see this team getting back to 12 wins with running it back and Tyron, Martin, Dlaw, etc another year older, I really do.

Now if Jerry really takes the all in approach? Sign me up and I’m back in to singing his praises and I can appreciate that approach.

If you’re not all in though why should the fans buy into a franchise with a lame duck head coach and the same roster that just laid and egg as the 2 seed? With everything in life either you get better or you get worse. If the cowboys are not dedicated to getting better they are just pushing off the inevitable IMO

This team is below average at running the football and stopping the run. Literally half the game of football this team is below average at, but I’m supposed to be OK and excited for another routine cowboy offseason? I can’t pretend to be optimistic about that. Thats not daks fault either, but I’m not saying the only answer is dumping Dak. It could be moving a guy like lamb who could easily fetch you a first round pick and free up significant cap space. I’m just saying jerry needs to try to be aggressive in some capacity. The cowboys front office is literally the equivalent of a baseball player with the bases loaded and a batter not swinging in hopes the pitcher walks him.
Look there's risk both ways but please don't use a few little examples out of 32 teams and by the way don't say that Seattle immediately got better they went to the playoffs one year but did they go to the playoffs last year? Did they win a Super Bowl ?did they get to a couple championship games because that's what they did with Wilson ie played 10years with Seatle, but I believe Prescott is not on the decline Wilson was already showing decline, then you have a losing season, he was starting to have chink in his armor, and Prescott I mean didn't he have what most people would say his best year? You're blaming Prescott for the quarterback for our issues and our issues are far deeper than that so you don't Prescott to fix your run game and to fix your defense and then what the big hole at quarterback will be a problem like in Pittsburgh what have they done since rothlisberger left they have a good defense pretty good run game great coaching staff and yeah they're struggling to get to 8 games hey I gotta give them kudos for fighting that hard to stay at 500 or better but they no longer are a threat for the Super bowl and we are Prescott gives us that threat even though yes we failed so far..

Ohh and the thing with Aaron Rodgers ohh they didn't get better and Rodgers won a Super Bowl Aaron Rodgers went to four straight NFC championship games and he was there how many years before they got rid of him 18 SEASONS HMM DAKS AT 9 and at year nine was right around the same time that one Peyton Manning finally broke through he started his career three and six in the playoffs nobody wants to compare them as far as skill set but their careers have been on the same path or at least very similar and everybody wants to dump Prescott before he gets to the promised land because they say he can't well they said that about Peyton Manning and what if they would have dumped him after year 8 like people wanna start over here he would have never got them that Super Bowl?​

These other quarterbacks like John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl till the very end of his career he needed a stronger team that bring them to this promised land yes I realize he got there before Terrell Davis but it took a better run game for him to finish it off... We saw Matthew Stafford have to switch teams to do so but he didn't get it till year 13, I mean you got guys like Brett farve and Drew Brees who were allowed to play 19 years for the same team and only get one Super Bowl and all these dudes got maximum money big time contracts...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t matter none of them won a Super Bowl and that’s what everyone is crying about with Dak. If the Cowboys reached three conference championship games and didn’t win any of them, you and others would continue to call him a choker. Trade him and take your chances with your first round picks. The odds are you’ll end up with a QB that you can’t even make the playoffs with and all you’ll have to look forward to every April is a high draft pick. Keep burning draft picks on QBs you hope can win a Super Bowl and see how long that takes. :thumbup:
Funny...odd....you are placing winning the super bowl on quarterbacks.

But because WE haven't sniffed it...suddenly NOT the QB.

RonWashington

Reaction score
All Fields can do well is run and it’s led to 30 fumbles in 3 seasons. Field hasn’t had any playoff success because he’s never been to the playoffs. Dak has had some playoff success with two playoff wins. Two years ago against the Bears the Cowboys stomped them 49-29 despite our defense being road graded for 240 rushing yards. Fields only threw for 151 yards, it was the Bears running game that kept them in the game for 3 quarters. If it wasn’t for Dak and our offense we would’ve gotten destroyed in that game. The Cowboys wouldn’t win crap with Fields. The Bears have suffered three straight losing seasons with him and appear to be ready to move on. Can’t believe some of you would rather have him over Dak. :rolleyes: You sound like just another fan who would rather miss the playoffs every year with another QB than have a chance in the playoffs with Dak.

When your team is gashing Dallas D for 240 yards why go to the air . If that D in Chi wasn’t so atrocious they may have beat Dallas . We disagree that’s all .

Fields is younger mobile and has more upside than a yr 9 QB being paid like a superstar he isn’t .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When your team is gashing Dallas D for 240 yards why go to the air . If that D in Chi wasn’t so atrocious they may have beat Dallas . We disagree that’s all .

Fields is younger mobile and has more upside than a yr 9 QB being paid like a superstar he isn’t .
Fields is younger and mobile and that’s it. He struggles throwing from the pocket and looks to run. He’s had 30 fumbles in 3 seasons. He’s not the answer which is why the Bears will be drafting another QB. Hard to believe any fan would rather have a QB that’s never passed for 2600 yards and has never led their team to the playoffs over Dak.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not winning anything that's just 36 games two division titles in three state years in the playoffs
I've got a news flash for you. That isn't the goal.

Unless of course, you like division winning baseball caps.

I have higher goals. And so far he hasn't even come close.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You didn't give me any credit???

:laugh:
You definitely deserve some because it took some nerve to show me that after telling me repeatedly we need to draft a QB. lol You helped prove my point that it’s not easy finding a QB in the draft that can win a Super Bowl.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Look there's risk both ways but please don't use a few little examples out of 32 teams and by the way don't say that Seattle immediately got better they went to the playoffs one year but did they go to the playoffs last year? Did they win a Super Bowl ?did they get to a couple championship games because that's what they did with Wilson ie played 10years with Seatle, but I believe Prescott is not on the decline Wilson was already showing decline, then you have a losing season, he was starting to have chink in his armor, and Prescott I mean didn't he have what most people would say his best year? You're blaming Prescott for the quarterback for our issues and our issues are far deeper than that so you don't Prescott to fix your run game and to fix your defense and then what the big hole at quarterback will be a problem like in Pittsburgh what have they done since rothlisberger left they have a good defense pretty good run game great coaching staff and yeah they're struggling to get to 8 games hey I gotta give them kudos for fighting that hard to stay at 500 or better but they no longer are a threat for the Super bowl and we are Prescott gives us that threat even though yes we failed so far..

Ohh and the thing with Aaron Rodgers ohh they didn't get better and Rodgers won a Super Bowl Aaron Rodgers went to four straight NFC championship games and he was there how many years before they got rid of him 18 SEASONS HMM DAKS AT 9 and at year nine was right around the same time that one Peyton Manning finally broke through he started his career three and six in the playoffs nobody wants to compare them as far as skill set but their careers have been on the same path or at least very similar and everybody wants to dump Prescott before he gets to the promised land because they say he can't well they said that about Peyton Manning and what if they would have dumped him after year 8 like people wanna start over here he would have never got them that Super Bowl?​

These other quarterbacks like John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl till the very end of his career he needed a stronger team that bring them to this promised land yes I realize he got there before Terrell Davis but it took a better run game for him to finish it off... We saw Matthew Stafford have to switch teams to do so but he didn't get it till year 13, I mean you got guys like Brett farve and Drew Brees who were allowed to play 19 years for the same team and only get one Super Bowl and all these dudes got maximum money big time contracts...
That's all fine and good, but you're acting like I'm only saying get rid of Dak, which I didn't say that at all. I'm saying keep Dak if that makes sense but then it probably makes sense to move on from another player. I think Lamb is a top WR in this league, but I have no issues trading him if you can land a couple premium picks. I'd even move Parsons if you can get a massive haul. If the best option is to get Daks contract off the books to build up the rest of the roster then you do it. The only thing I'm accusing Dak of is not being elite. If you think Jerry and Stephen are doing fantastic jobs and just need to continue to pay their guys and continue to fix holes through the draft then more power to you, I just can't get behind that as I don't see a path to truly build up the rest of your roster.

We basically are the Pittsburgh of the NFC at this point. We've been to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 seasons just like they have, but are not truly a threat to make a super bowl run with the holes on the current roster, their holes are just different than ours.

kskboys

Reaction score
You might want to check this out. :thumbup:

Ok, now let's look a little closer. Since Dak was drafted, 4 QBs drafted since then have played in a super bowl. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Nobody is giving that for Dak.
A single 2nd, maaaaasybe a single pick at the very end of the first round, is his absolute max value.

He isn't Russell Wilson.

He isn't Matt Stafford.

He's KIRK Cousins...just with slightly less playoff success

He's a known playoff choke artist with a very average arm, whose now on the wrong side of 30....and he's looking to get PAID

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's all fine and good, but you're acting like I'm only saying get rid of Dak, which I didn't say that at all. I'm saying keep Dak if that makes sense but then it probably makes sense to move on from another player. I think Lamb is a top WR in this league, but I have no issues trading him if you can land a couple premium picks. I'd even move Parsons if you can get a massive haul. If the best option is to get Daks contract off the books to build up the rest of the roster then you do it. The only thing I'm accusing Dak of is not being elite. If you think Jerry and Stephen are doing fantastic jobs and just need to continue to pay their guys and continue to fix holes through the draft then more power to you, I just can't get behind that as I don't see a path to truly build up the rest of your roster.

We basically are the Pittsburgh of the NFC at this point. We've been to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 seasons just like they have, but are not truly a threat to make a super bowl run with the holes on the current roster, their holes are just different than ours.
Look these are all hypothetical opinions opinions are just that I'm just really not ready to rebuild and go through a lot of lean years like really bad years like we had between what was it aikman and Romo there were some terrible years not just with the quarterback. But I'm not ready to be a 500 or below team for four or five years waiting on this thing to kick back...

And I completely understand but for 2024 this is how it's gonna be Prescott staying unless something crazy thing happens for 2025 whatever happens I'm on board with it they wanna let Prescott walk shop around lamb and Parsons start over that's fine but I don't want them to go that route I hope whatever happens comes together this year get to an NFC championship game at worst and make us feel a little better and just keep the window open for a little longer and what I mean window is Prescott you gotta have the quarterback first like I said the dude should get 10 years like a lot of these other quarterbacks even under ridiculous contracts these other quarterbacks got those too he was second all pro second MVP voting had one of his best years so wanting to not pay him and get rid of him which is not you but a lot of people on this board I I just don't see it but now if you wanna play him under this year's contract and not extend him, I'm OK with that...

I'm not opposed to 2025 looking very different but I really don't want it to be bad or we go five years just being one of the bottom 15 teams that doesn't make the playoffs and we can complain we never make the playoffs that's what will happen here they'll say Jerry sucks at rebuilding we can't find a quarterback we're under 500 we're the laughingstock we're in the bottom of the NFC East I mean that could happen that could very well happen and I just don't wanna go there..​

Status
Not open for further replies.