Shout out to the Defense

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steelers have a winning record, they played at home, rain delay, cowboys missing starters on defense and lose another early. NFL gods setup a cowboys loss and they find a way to win. Overshown is a dog, lewis stepped up, Mazi appearing on the stat sheet again! Great job by the defense stepping up.

Reactions: CWR

CCBoy

Reaction score
Defense did play well, even missing several players, including two star players in Parsons and Bland.

They are getting more and more comfortable with Zimmer’s scheme and his play calling style.
Starting to snot knocker...

shabazz

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, who did you pick to win the game?
I didn't. But I would have agreed with Vegas that the Steelers should be favored.

The Steelers big weakness is Justin Fields and if you search my posts, I've said that Fields ( like Watson) is our best chance to win this game.

The Steelers are part of this 5 game gauntlet because of their DEFENSE but their offense is weak.

I think your buddy, Coogs, started a "who will win the Steelers game" thread.....I don't believe I'm in that.......but feel free to search

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't. But I would have agreed with Vegas that the Steelers should be favored.

The Steelers big weakness is Justin Fields and if you search my posts, I've said that Fields ( like Watson) is our best chance to win this game.

The Steelers are part of this 5 game gauntlet because of their DEFENSE but their offense is weak.

I think your buddy, Coogs, started a "who will win the Steelers game" thread.....I don't believe I'm in that.......but feel free to search
It was a serious question....I don't like picking games, either. Not pointing fingers, at least not at you.
Dak played poorly, most of the game and we still beat a pretty good team. Goes to show that it takes a team and not a player. Salud!

shabazz

Reaction score
It was a serious question....I don't like picking games, either. Not pointing fingers, at least not at you.
Dak played poorly, most of the game and we still beat a pretty good team. Goes to show that it takes a team and not a player. Salud!
The one misconception that I bought into though is that the Steelers were a good rushing team and play good defense.........they play good defense BUT they only rushed the ball for 120 against the Colts last week and just 90 yards against the Cowboys

The Colts and Cowboys were ranked 31 and 32 against the run before the game.

The Steelers can't pass and officially can't run the ball either.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You disagree? We were without our top 2 DEs, lost our next best and were already down to a practice squad corner. We effectively stuffed their run game and even limited the damage from Fields running and didn’t give up much in the passing game at all. While this was going on, the offense kept shooting itself in the foot. This win was about 90% defense and 10% offense.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I know they didn't hold a prime Tom Brady to 17 points, but to hold any NFL team to under 20 while you're missing 3 of your top defenders is simply an excellent job. Win or lose against Detroit this week this win gives them a legitimate chance to get healthy after the bye and be a factor in the division race.

cowboyec

Reaction score
gutty performance.
overshown is dominant.
love that tyrus wheat.
liufau with a helluva punch-out.
linval joseph made some plays inside.
zimmer's bunch had a solid night.

Creeper

Reaction score
I had the Cowboys losing this game but I thought it would be close - because the Steelers offense is not going to put up a lot of points. But I admit I was surprised by how easily the Cowboys moved up and down the field on Pittsburgh.
Who thought the Cowboys would run for 109 and rack up a total of 445 yards? Not me.

The Cowboys win should not make us forget about how bad their red zone offense is. The last drive was great, and a big part of that was Dak, but the two turnovers in the red zone were indicative of a season long problem the Cowboys have had. The fumble was on Dak. Knowing who is rushing from his right he has to get rid of the ball even if it's incomplete and they have to take 3 points. Or, he can tuck the ball in and duck. Just an awful play by Dak. The interception was worse. All the talk about Dak and CeeDee not being on the same page is one thing, but you could see the coverage was on CeeDee's side. Dak needed to throw it somewhere else, or again, throw it away. Getting reckless with passes near the end zone is rookie stuff. Those two play could have been much bigger if they were playing a team with a better offense and QB. If they lost this game you can believe the world would be coming down on Dak for those plays.