SI: Cowboys' Johnathan Hankins 'Doesn't Want to Sign Right Now'; A'Shawn Robinson Interest?

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
He is not tied to Dallas at all. He can go sign with any team in the league. So apparently, none have made any offer he is interested in. OR, just maybe he wants to sign late and skip training camp, which seems to be what the cool kids now look to do.
You mean all the fat kids.

Sydla

Reaction score
We are gonna get Watkins back, some other bargain bin stuff and maybe a mid round pick.

And they’ll tell you they are happy with what they did in an offseason where they said run D was something they wanted to work on.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not worth waiting on. Dude had 10 tackles last season. He improved the run defense but most any 330 pounder will.
Really ? What about bohanna ? He’s that and more I thought he didn’t do squat for our defense

That said I’m not necessarily a huge Hankins guy he helped our D but he isn’t Aaron Donald or anything

baltcowboy

Reaction score
One of my favorite players. But he won’t be it at 26. Too early
The only way we can get him. Won’t be there at 58. Finishes off our defense. I remember a bunch of you said the same about Tyler.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He's just wanting to play the last two or three games, then maybe get into shape next year. He and fat jason peters need their rest to play one-third of a game.

Carson

Reaction score
The only way we can get him. Won’t be there at 58. Finishes off our defense. I remember a bunch of you said the same about Tyler.
Tyler can play a premier position like LT.I love Mazi and he’s my favorite prospect. But I think he’s much more valuable around 32-40

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Tyler can play a premier position like LT.I love Mazi and he’s my favorite prospect. But I think he’s much more valuable around 32-40
So you would take him at the top of the second and not at 26? :huh: Please explain?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yep, 6 whole picks later. Funny things to be seen here.
I think fans get caught up with two down players and running backs lose it after 5 years. You take the players that make your team better. Mazi has Dexter Lawrence potential and immediately upgrades our defensive tackles.

BossRhino

Reaction score
If Hankins doesn't want to sign. Move on. Time to start thinking about Ika out of Baylor in the 2nd round. Hankins over-playing his hand like Dalton Schultz.

Sydla

Reaction score
He might wait till after TC like some older vets do. This is the time to sign Ashawn and tell Hankins that we are interested and to call us when he’s ready
I mean this would be smart. But you know what the Cowboys are going to do.

I continue to laugh at the homers around here that argued with some us the last couple of weeks that we were being too critical of how they were handling the DT position and that the front office would "fix" DT.

Their "fix" will be some retreads/has beens and maybe a mid round pick or two. Same as always.

PS - If they have any interest in Robinson it's not genuine interest today. It's only interest in him a week or two from now when his price comes down. Instead of going and grabbing a guy that can help, they just roll the dice, hope he's there in a couple of weeks and then might be more open to their lowball offer.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Hankins doesn't want to sign. Move on. Time to start thinking about Ika out of Baylor in the 2nd round. Hankins over-playing his hand like Dalton Schultz.
I tend to think this is not overplaying his hand but simply Hankins just isn't motivated now to sign, show up to mini camps, etc. I suspect what he's going to do is just take a vacation and then around July or August, he knows teams will want his size and he can sign then.

Now if a team gives him a ridiculous offer today? Sure, he'll sign. But he knows his likely market and market rate and for that, he can just relax for 2-3 months and then start getting ready to play.