SI: Cowboys' Johnathan Hankins 'Doesn't Want to Sign Right Now'; A'Shawn Robinson Interest?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If true make a final offer and move on.
It's probably vet minimum they are offering (that's what he made last year). So it's understandable he's waiting. But he could also be waiting because he doesn't want to go to the offseason work.

Carson

Reaction score
Yep, 6 whole picks later. Funny things to be seen here.
6 picks later … and also teams SECOND PICK

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
I tend to think this is not overplaying his hand but simply Hankins just isn't motivated now to sign, show up to mini camps, etc. I suspect what he's going to do is just take a vacation and then around July or August, he knows teams will want his size and he can sign then.

Now if a team gives him a ridiculous offer today? Sure, he'll sign. But he knows his likely market and market rate and for that, he can just relax for 2-3 months and then start getting ready to play.

There’s not a single vet minimum guy out there who can still play that’s getting antsy about not being able to show up for training camp. These dudes aren’t dumb. They know there’s no incentive to sign early.

Kwyn

Reaction score
LOL.

Yeah the front office is definitely on top of the DT situation.

You suckers fell for it……. Again.
Who would you have them sign? Don’t say Hargrave.

Sydla

Reaction score
Who would you have them sign? Don’t say Hargrave.
I'd have kicked the tires on Tomlinson. He only got $25 million guaranteed. Onyemata went to Atlanta on a fair deal. Andrew Billings is a retread but would have made sense. Robinson is still out there. Poona Ford is another I'd kick the tires on.

There were options outside of Hargrave that weren't cap breaking. But once again, this franchise does not value DT at all and is gonna band aid the crap out of it again. Maybe they'll surprise and use a couple of their top picks for DTs. I doubt it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I mean they were begging to have him return to save the defense yet want to give him pennies lol. I don't blame him

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah I do. Hankins is an average NT….FACT.
And yet the best DT we had on the roster..... FACT.

The Cowboys are showing zero sense of urgency in fixing a clear need. The DTs we have on the roster right now are sad other than Odi and he's really a situational 3T.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
And yet the best DT we had on the roster..... FACT.

The Cowboys are showing zero sense of urgency in fixing a clear need. The DTs we have on the roster right now are sad other than Odi and he's really a situational 3T.

I’d argue Osi is our best DT but Hank was our best 1T for sure. Unfortunately that’s not saying much.

Look for round 1 or 2 pick used on 1T for sure.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
The real question is, would you rather have Hankins for 1 million or Robinson for 4 million?

aikemirv

Reaction score
He is not tied to Dallas at all. He can go sign with any team in the league. So apparently, none have made any offer he is interested in. OR, just maybe he wants to sign late and skip training camp, which seems to be what the cool kids now look to do.
Yep, no commitment to offseason camps or even training camps. He wants to be a part time NFL player- not that I would fault him for that but he definitely wont be at his best. Much less wear and tear on the body I guess

freemanjc19

Reaction score
One of my favorite players. But he won’t be it at 26. Too early
Things are a changing here. I believe if they want him their not going to try and get cute. They will make the selection or trade back for him. Looks like the draft is going to be LB, DT, CB, RB in no particular order. Projected Round (2023): 1-2.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He is not tied to Dallas at all. He can go sign with any team in the league. So apparently, none have made any offer he is interested in. OR, just maybe he wants to sign late and skip training camp, which seems to be what the cool kids now look to do.
Exactly..................older vets dont want to sign early so they can skip all the offseason workouts and mini camps.

Look for him to sign close to training camp and preseason games starting.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's probably vet minimum they are offering (that's what he made last year). So it's understandable he's waiting. But he could also be waiting because he doesn't want to go to the offseason work.
That throws a red flag for me. He knows that JJ don’t like paying DT. He needs to get over that. D-Law sucked up a lot of the DT budget. But that’s JJ fault. It’s an impact position. Don’t know why they ignore Safety and DT.