Sick Of Dak!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You make it sound like the Cowboys would burn most of their annual draft capital on a single position. That’s NOT how it works. Draft A quarterback every year most years. Other teams have taken this approach AND done so with success. Tou don’t have to MARRY THE PICK. Just pointing out…
Teams don’t draft a QB in the first round every year and that’s where you need to draft one if you want a decent chance of landing a franchise QB. Most of the top QBs were drafted in the top 10. We got extremely lucky hitting on Dak in the 4th round. If Dak walks we may have to take a flyer on a QB with our first pick in 2025 even if they don’t deserve to be a first round pick. We’ll then have to bring in a veteran castoff to be our QB while we groom the young QB. We could be going through a QB carousel for a number of years until we find our next franchise QB.

The Steelers are still trying to replace Ben Rothlisberger. They drafted a QB in the first round who went bust and now they’re stuck with a couple of veteran castoffs. Several teams are going through the same situation and you don’t see hardly any of them making the playoffs. The Cowboys are likely going to go through some difficult times if Dak walks. It could be similar to the early 2000s after Troy Aikman was released. There’s a saying be careful what you wish for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did we? 0-8. Soon to be 0-9.

Or we could find one next year.
He’s given us a lot of chances in the playoffs. More than a number of teams have gotten from their QBs. Since Dan Marino retired, Miami has only made the playoffs six times. Tua got paid because he led Miami to the playoffs the last two seasons, despite not winning a playoff game. We’re not going to find a QB better than Dak next year. If he walks after this season, we won’t be seeing stability at QB for the next several seasons if not longer unless we get extremely lucky. If it takes only three years to find our next franchise QB, I’ll be thankful.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I’m getting sick & tired hearing from Dak’s own lips that he doesn’t play for money, yet he & his agent have stated they aren’t giving the Cowboys a “hometown” discount!
So here in lies the difference between Dak vs. Brady & Mahomes. Brady NEVER had the highest QB contract, always took less money than he could have asked for, as his owner with the Pats, Bob Kraft has said many times. Mahomes was recently asked if it bothers him to be paid less than the QB’s who have just signed newer, higher contracts and his answer was NO, it leaves more money for the guys around him! Both of these 2 QB’s have won multiple Super Bowls while Dak, has taken as much as possible with little to nothing to show for it!! Dak is phony, not the team player he pretends to be & when the chips are on the line, a massive choker! Play the year out and let him be gone!
There is another way to look at this. Dak Honors his contracts. When he was underpaid. The could have redone his contract at 25/30 mil a year. They waited and he played. He never held out. They franchised him, he never held out he played. Hes playing out his contract now. If cowboys are going to continue to to let him play on contracts where and injury could cause him to never get another contract, whether I play for money or not, I still want to be respected. Why should he take less than the going rate? The richest franchise in sports love playing these games...and yet you came into last season with NO running game, and No run defense, and this man constantly gets you 12 wins, and before you talk playoff success, what other QBs win in the playoffs that cant stop the run and cant run the ball? Just because you want the going rate does not mean you play for money.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Look at it this way . 5-1 regularly against the cream donuts of the East . That means 7-4 the rest of the way and you know the rest of schedule of the 7-4 has some bottom feeders so your at the McCarthy Mendoza line of 12-5 made the playoffs fantastic .

Then Dak and yes the rest of the squad need a Heimlich maneuver to get off the field . I’m ready for change . Wholesale !

Flamma

Reaction score
There is another way to look at this. Dak Honors his contracts. When he was underpaid. The could have redone his contract at 25/30 mil a year. They waited and he played. He never held out. They franchised him, he never held out he played. Hes playing out his contract now. If cowboys are going to continue to to let him play on contracts where and injury could cause him to never get another contract, whether I play for money or not, I still want to be respected. Why should he take less than the going rate? The richest franchise in sports love playing these games...and yet you came into last season with NO running game, and No run defense, and this man constantly gets you 12 wins, and before you talk playoff success, what other QBs win in the playoffs that cant stop the run and cant run the ball? Just because you want the going rate does not mean you play for money.
Who thinks Dak should take less than the going rate? I certainly don't expect him to do that. I think the consensus among those that don't like Dak is that he's not worth the going rate. There's a big difference. If I pay 15 bucks for a pizza and I don't like it, I'm not buying it again. But I don't expect them to sell it to me for less. I just don't think it's worth it at the price level. These QBs that aren't elite, and will never sniff the HOF are getting paid just as much is because they are the only pizza place within 200 miles.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He’s given us a lot of chances in the playoffs. More than a number of teams have gotten from their QBs. Since Dan Marino retired, Miami has only made the playoffs six times. Tua got paid because he led Miami to the playoffs the last two seasons, despite not winning a playoff game. We’re not going to find a QB better than Dak next year. If he walks after this season, we won’t be seeing stability at QB for the next several seasons if not longer unless we get extremely lucky. If it takes only three years to find our next franchise QB, I’ll be thankful.
Chicken that’s what you sound like. You are all about participation trophy, while I win the chip and get scholarships. The difference is winning cs losing. Ask we lose, you are saying you guarantee we will lose either way? Do you have a magic ball that says no one can be successful other than Adam who we all know is not successful against good teams or in playoffs when it matters? Keep on participating your way through life

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Chicken that’s what you sound like. You are all about participation trophy, while I win the chip and get scholarships. The difference is winning cs losing. Ask we lose, you are saying you guarantee we will lose either way? Do you have a magic ball that says no one can be successful other than Adam who we all know is not successful against good teams or in playoffs when it matters? Keep on participating your way through life
I didn’t guarantee anything. If you don’t make the playoffs you have no chance at a championship. That’s the first requirement to winning a Super Bowl. I would rather participate than be sitting home every season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you prefer Trey Lance start at quarterback for the Cowboys vs. the Cleveland Browns? Or Dak Prescott? The whole site can’t wait for Pappydog’s exodus.
The whole site ehhh?
Well, only the Dakdavidians will be happy if they extend the BUM and will probably be here all by yourselves as real Cowboy fans are tired of debating with stans like yourself.
I'm not wasting another 3-4 years debating the obvious (Daktrash suxs) but I'll be thinking of you when he falls on his face against real teams again and again.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The whole site ehhh?
Well, only the Dakdavidians will be happy if they extend the BUM and will probably be here all by yourselves as real Cowboy fans are tired of debating with stans like yourself.
I'm not wasting another 3-4 years debating the obvious (Daktrash suxs) but I'll be thinking of you when he falls on his face against real teams again and again.
You, and everyone else here, is not going to stop following the Cowboys regardless of who is the quarterback. I know it, you know it, Jerry Jones knows it. I’ll take your response as you prefer Dak starts against Cleveland, not Lance. Sound wisdom.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You, and everyone else here, is not going to stop following the Cowboys regardless of who is the quarterback. I know it, you know it, Jerry Jones knows it. I’ll take your response as you prefer Dak starts against Cleveland, not Lance. Sound wisdom.
I would start Rush as I consider him a better passer and more intelligent.
Dak will start and Dak will fail miserably I might add.................
They going to eat him up and spit his inept ... out!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I would start Rush as I consider him a better passer and more intelligent.
Dak will start and Dak will fail miserably I might add.................
They going to eat him up and spit his inept ... out!
Well, that’s a vote for Cooper. We’ll see if he distinguishes himself in the two remaining preseason games. If so, I’m sure Coach McCarthy will move him to QB1 for the opener. Who do you want as QB2? Lance or Prescott?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
You make it sound like the Cowboys would burn most of their annual draft capital on a single position. That’s NOT how it works. Draft A quarterback every year most years. Other teams have taken this approach AND done so with success. Tou don’t have to MARRY THE PICK. Just pointing out…
If you pay any attention to the history of the NFL, then you will find that drafting QBs with high picks frequently is the best way to go.

This should be easy for anyone to figure out. Teams keep hiring these so called analytics types, but yet so few realize this simple, historically proven fact. I begin to wonder if these analytics hires are not being listened to by the GMs, or they are just bogus job listings so the owners can check some sort of league mandated box.

Brax

Reaction score
What would be the better scenario long term:

1. Signing CD for 4 years at an average of $33M per year.

2. Trading CD for 2 first round picks and saving $33M a year.
If you’re keeping Dak then trading is the correct move

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And failed each time.
Every QB we’ve had the past 29 years has failed each time. Dak has given us the most chances to reach a Super Bowl of any QB since Troy Aikman. Too many fans put the entire blame on him. The Cowboys will continue to fail until they build a complete team and continue to have a franchise QB. They’ll struggle to make the playoffs without a franchise QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every QB we’ve had the past 29 years has failed each time.
None of those QB's wanted to be the highest paid player in the entire league either and handicap the team from improving the roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of those QB's wanted to be the highest paid player in the entire league either and handicap the team from improving the roster.
The NFL is a lot different now than it was back then. The QB market has exploded. Every QB that’s worth a darn is either resetting the market or coming close to it. Fans didn’t want Dak as our QB when he was under his rookie contract. The Dak hate has been going on ever since he took over for Romo in 2016. Even if he took a team friendly deal that didn’t make him the highest paid QB in the league, the majority of fans wouldn’t want him as our QB. They’ve convinced themselves he’s not any good and is the number one reason we can’t get over the hump.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every QB we’ve had the past 29 years has failed each time. Dak has given us the most chances to reach a Super Bowl of any QB since Troy Aikman. Too many fans put the entire blame on him. The Cowboys will continue to fail until they build a complete team and continue to have a franchise QB. They’ll struggle to make the playoffs without a franchise QB.

The NFL is a lot different now than it was back then. The QB market has exploded. Every QB that’s worth a darn is either resetting the market or coming close to it. Fans didn’t want Dak as our QB when he was under his rookie contract. The Dak hate has been going on ever since he took over for Romo in 2016. Even if he took a team friendly deal that didn’t make him the highest paid QB in the league, the majority of fans wouldn’t want him as our QB. They’ve convinced themselves he’s not any good and is the number one reason we can’t get over the hump.
You have surpassed all Dakdavidians and you are ranked # 1 when it pertains to the Dak condition.
KUDOS!!