Sick of the negativity

Pants

Reaction score
my goodness it is terrific being in first place after 11 games....yes, the negative nancy's will find fault in the victory to justify their way of thinking....this team, like many posters, is an enigma...

Note: I am not of the ilk that is giving up on the Saints game either...they are not perfect, and our D can stand up to them...we just need some CONSISTENT offensive performance from the team (ex: why in the last two games were they so pathetic and vanilla in the first halves of those games and then much better in the 2nd half?)

I will continue to bash the clapper and his stooge Linehan, but always want them hi-fiving during and after the game when the team is successful

Go Cowboys

skinsscalper

Reaction score
For example, I hate clapper with a passion but, if this team keeps bringing me quality wins every week, .I can tolerate him and keep my hatin mouth shut.
This my beef with a lot of posters. There was a thread that basically asked would you rather Jason Garrett lead us to the NFCCG and be retained or that the team lost out and Garrett was fired. Call me crazy but anyone that would trade a coach that led you to the cusp of the Super Bowl for some "maybe" is an idiot. I don't like Garrett, either. But if he's got what it takes to get you that close then there's a pretty good chance he's got what it takes to get you all the way, regardless of whether you like him or not.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If we end up 8-8 or 9-7 or 7-9 , imma laugh my butt off !

Same old results, the division just got worse .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, the lack of respect around here has gone down IMMENSELY in the past several months. I'll admit that I've been guilty of it, lately. I just get so sick of the stupidity and I let it suck me in. I'm an idiot for letting ransom strangers suck me in to that type of back and forth (makes me dumber than them because I see it coming, to be honest, and I still jump right in).

Honestly, there's always been a measure of negativity on this (on ANY teams' board) but in the past the negativity was rooted in some measure of provoked thought (for the most part). Lately, it's been the same boring message from the same turd posters in literally every thread that they post in. It's absolutely the lamest **** I have seen since I started visiting this board over twelve years ago.

I'm fine with differences of opinion, it makes things more interesting. But I think there's too much of a lack of respect and lack of accountability when someone is in fact wrong. All too often I am guilty of allowing someone to drag me into the mud of argument as well. I'll go as low as the person on the other end wants to go and I should handle those situations better.

But I might line up in the middle of these debates. I can see valid arguments from both sides, positive and negative. Three weeks ago, I thought "this dog would be put down", with good reason. They were struggling and looked a mess at 3-5. But they've rattled off three wins in a row and things look to be improved each week. I can't ignore that fact, and nobody else should try to either.

That team we just beat last night slapped us around pretty good just a month ago, and both sides looked like different teams last night. That's as good of a barometer for improvement as you're going to get.

If you're looking for something to ***** about today, it says more about you than it does about this team.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'm fine with differences of opinion, it makes things more interesting. But I think there's too much of a lack of respect and lack of accountability when someone is in fact wrong. All too often I am guilty of allowing someone to drag me into the mud of argument as well. I'll go as low as the person on the other end wants yo go and I should handle those situations better.

But I might line up in the middle of these debates. I can see valid arguments from both sides, positive and negative. Three weeks ago, I thought "this dog would be put down", with good reason. They were struggling and looked a mess at 3-5. But they've rattled off three wins in a row and things look to be improved each week. I can't ignore that fact, and nobody else should try to either.

That team we just beat last night slapped us around pretty good just a month ago, and both sides looked like different team last night. That's as good of a barometer for improvement as you're going to get.

If you're looking for something to ***** about today, it says more about you than it does about this team.
Well stated, brother.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Perhaps a Silver Lining forum would be more fun for members who tire of the negative rhetoric ?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is the best the team has looked all season and the 2nd half of last season.

Minus our kicker. Seems we're not getting the best out of him.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why be negative right now? Makes no sense. Do I like Garrett? No. Would I like to see another HC instead of him? Absolutely. But, winning and continuing to win, and taking over first place trumps all that at least for me. It’s fun to be relevant again, Garrett or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why be negative right now? Makes no sense. Do I like Garrett? No. Would I like to see another HC instead of him? Absolutely. But, winning and continuing to win, and taking over first place trumps all that at least for me. It’s fun to be relevant again, Garrett or not.

Well said! Same here!
:clap:

shabazz

Reaction score

True but being 6-5 in the worst division in football leaves a little room for criticism, if we are afforded that basic freedom of expression. Or we can just make ourselves believe that Garett is Belicick, Dak is Breeze and we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't think any fans have a problem with constructive criticisms and intelligent analysis on players coaches or franchise in general . Greg describes it better than I ever could but in short Jerry cultivates a dysfunctional situation that gives this team obstacles to work around that other teams don't have to deal with .

Jerry is comfortable with Jason Garrett . We can complain all we want . We know Jerry can afford the best but this is the guy he has hitched his wagon to and is in for the very long haul . In this case Jerry would rather feel comfortable with his coach then buy the very best

Jerry also likes Dak sure he has his bag of problems but Jerry sees more upside and excepts the maturation process like many of us do . If he didn't he wouldn't have used our 1st round pick on Cooper basically saying he was all in and giving him every chance to succeed Complain till he cows come home it wont do any good we have no pick to get a different QB .

Posters that understand these 2 figures on our team are fixtures deemed almost untouchable by Jerry will be able to post in a more constructive way other than the constant Drone of Dak Sucks and Garrett Sucks . Fans need to understand its about who Jerry wants not who we want and logic plays no part in it or we would have had a real GM long ago

Its Jerrys toy if you choose to still remain a Cowboys fan its by Jerrys rules . Granted its a frustrating process knowing that we probably wont have the coaching or QB necessary in the near future to win a SB .

But Im a COWBOYS FAN TILL THE END and Im not alone here so when a little progress is made and we actually win some games if the WET BLANKET THROWERS could just take a little break from there agendas and let us old school fans enjoy it for a while it would be greatly appreciated

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but being 6-5 in the worst division in football leaves a little room for criticism, if we are afforded that basic freedom of expression. Or we can just make ourselves believe that Garett is Belicick, Dak is Breeze and we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya.
Who said anything about not allowing “a little room for criticism”? Point me to where someone said Garrett is Belicick? Point me to where someone said Dak is Brees? Might I suggest some Baileys in your coffee?

Last edited:

ShortRound

Reaction score
I'll give props to Garrett for having the team ready the last three games. I've been one of the "Garrett sucks" chanters too..... we had some horrendous games earlier so I'm still not sold on Garrett and especially Linehan though. I still think Linehan needs to go.

I didn't think they could win all three. It's been great watch us win. I want us to succeed I want Garrett to succeed. But forgive me if 8 years hasn't made me gun shy.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Seems to be one extreme to the next with a lot of fans. A few wins and a row and some fans proclaim them to be back and can beat anybody. As if Jason Garrett and Linehan overnight turned into Bellichik and Daniels. Some fans are just cautious because they know what the next shoe is that’s going to drop and are tried of getting their hopes up. Me I just can’t forgive how much Garrett and Linehan have sucked and this 3 game winning streak doesn’t magically remove that. It’s going to take a serious run in the playoffs which I don’t think they are capable of doing. I’m not negative about this team per say I think they have some good talent, I’m just not sold on Jason Garrett because of a 3 game winning streak. I guess I’m negative on Garrett still. If that doesn’t make me a fan in someone’s eyes oh well.
I feel this same way except you can add the QB to that list of not sold on. Some similar to Jerry just waiting for a way to jump on Dak lap. Me not so much because just like he lost his faith he has to earn it back. A few plays don't change my mind when he has just as many bad plays as good that some forget about when the Boys win.

Like you if that and agreeing that until yesterday Cooper stats and on field presence were just ok doesn't make me a fan or stupid one like some failed junior high coach told I'm ok with that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll give props to Garrett for having the team ready the last three games. I've been one of the "Garrett sucks" chanters too..... we had some horrendous games earlier so I'm still not sold on Garrett and especially Linehan though. I still think Linehan needs to go.

I didn't think they could win all three. It's been great watch us win. I want us to succeed I want Garrett to succeed. But forgive me if 8 years hasn't made me gun shy.

Sums up my own sentiments very well.
:thumbup:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Seems to be one extreme to the next with a lot of fans. A few wins and a row and some fans proclaim them to be back and can beat anybody. As if Jason Garrett and Linehan overnight turned into Bellichik and Daniels. Some fans are just cautious because they know what the next shoe is that’s going to drop and are tried of getting their hopes up. Me I just can’t forgive how much Garrett and Linehan have sucked and this 3 game winning streak doesn’t magically remove that. It’s going to take a serious run in the playoffs which I don’t think they are capable of doing. I’m not negative about this team per say I think they have some good talent, I’m just not sold on Jason Garrett because of a 3 game winning streak. I guess I’m negative on Garrett still. If that doesn’t make me a fan in someone’s eyes oh well.

x2