Sick of the negativity

waving monkey

Reaction score
I could be wrong, and will probably be corrected if so, but this forum seems to have more active users than ever.

Different strokes for different folks though. Some see half full, some see half empty. Personally, I go both ways depending on the subject, but I always enjoy a win and have no problem publicly eating my crow.

I personally think there's far too much "if you don't root the way I do you're not a real fan" being slung around on both sides of the arguments. That's the real issue I see. Negativity can be argued for/against as long as all parties show respect for each other. Negativity isn't the issue around here, the gross lack of respect and vendetta between posters is.
Criticizing a play is not negativity. Example; seeing Dak's poor footwork during a play and calling it out isnt negativity it's pointing out a flaw. But calling him trash ect.,ect. is negativity. There's a group think that adds nothing to the forum and it's getting worse.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I sure see your agenda...or perhaps I'll just call it nonsense. And I'm done with it. The 'ignore' feature rocks.

You got it tired of these fools throwing a wet blanket on every positive thing that happens . Time for all real Cowboy fans to put them on IGNORE

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Exhibit A

And I didn't realize thr Cowboys are the picture of health.

A lot of pro bowls were not on the field today.
But last season with all the suspensions and injuries that wasn't an excuse. They said it's because Dak is garbage but now use the injury excuses for other teams.

Today we were missing Tyron, Frederick, Connor, Irving, Swaim, Lee, Taco. I think there is more just can't remember off the top of my head.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Get ready to be told they're being critical because they're concerned about the Cowboys' best interests, as if constantly griping on a message board - even when the team wins - is going to change anything in Dallas. :rolleyes:
This.
And they can not even enjoy the wins because of that. Dark side of fandom.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I care only because it is ruining this forum.

I have been here from the get-go and it has always been a great place to talk Cowboys with other fans. Yet here we are, in the midst of a 3-game win streak, and I have to read “Dak Sucks” threads after the guy throws two touchdowns and runs for another one.

It’s a bit out of hand. I suspect that @AsthmaField is right and many are just trolls from other teams. Too many people pretending to be fans who root against their own team.
Yeah man. I stopped visiting over the amount of negativity in this forum. I just don't like losing on the field and coming here to delve into the pit of misery. You guys are sadistic to still be so negative after a 3 game winning streak to be in 1st place.

Might as well be cowboyshatezone.pitofmisery.com

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Criticizing a play is not negativity. Example; seeing Dak's poor footwork during a play and calling it out isnt negativity it's pointing out a flaw. But calling him trash ect.,ect. is negativity. There's a group think that adds nothing to the forum and it's getting worse.
And there's a group , and we know who they are that NEVER talk football but are here to merely point out those negative posters and anoint themselves super fans.
Its a big reason that the draft forum is by far and away the best forum on this board year after year. Those fans don't watch college ball and like minded fans are left to discuss the draft without EVER getting into it like happens here every day....

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
The hope of fandom is to see your team compete for championship, mediocrity breeds pessimism. When I see glaring flaws, and inconsistent performances it is hard not to be pessimistic especially when it is a 20+ year trend. So pardon me if 6-5 dont move the needle on my optimism barometer.

Swagger

Reaction score
Washington were banged up to the max, there for the taking yet 10 points were left on the field in the first half.

This Cowboys roster has serious play off potential yet won't go anywhere unless those type of points are not left on the field. That is why people are so FRUSTRATED!

The second half mostly gimmick plays will not work against the big boys in the play offs.

We have a Top five defense and the O-Line is playing incredibly well, a legit WR1 plus we have arguably the best running back or at worst top 3 running back in the league.

That is why people are annoyed as it's all nice to win these type of gimmies but we could actually create some serious noise in the post season if we had a QB that could make throws other than to guys wide open who have 5 yards of space around them.

Some will only understand the point later in the season.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Thanks for OPing this. It's become so negative it's pathological. During the game we we're mostly ahead and you would think they pounding the crap out of us. There are so many positives right now.

I monitored the game threads yesterday. Some of the criticism was deserved, but a lot of it seemed too harsh. It was a good win against a team with a really good D and an offense that rallied around their backup QB. Enjoy the ride. It might last or it might not. If the roller coaster didn't have peaks and valleys, it'd only be a fast merry-go-round.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Pointing out issues does not mean we don't love the team. Classic homer posts are predictably disappointing.
I guess that was just discussing also...with an attitude and agenda. Alright, let's just throw down, the Cowboys are on a three game win streak. Nothing less. Any game to blow that out of full sight is just crap, and intended as such. I'm a fan...and you?

CCBoy

Reaction score
And a lot of pro bowler were on the field. I dare say...we are the most talented team in the league...by far. We only got 3 things right now that are holding this team back....

An owner that won't stop meddling..shut his pie hole...

An Offensive coordinator.....that refuses to run the ball inside the redzone...once we get inside the 5....

And our QB...that...well... is a day late and a dollar short...to put it mildly.

I've come to the conclusion...Garrett isn't going anywhere.

And I say that...by giving you this analogy. You got this car. It's a fixer upper. It's an older model....it's got some nice parts. really nice parts. It's all about what's under the hood. Well...Garrett is the equivalant to the paint job. Seems like the Cowboys are content w/ driving this ugly orange car....It's all about fixing what's under the hood...be it the coordinator or QB. Get that fixed...we might surprise some people on the drag strip.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH_om0piq6AJv2FGMflFSZ1Y2VLun2jtrt97PDmkkFkv1O-XS2

Floaty, some good is finally sticking in your eyes again...:)

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Seems to be one extreme to the next with a lot of fans. A few wins and a row and some fans proclaim them to be back and can beat anybody. As if Jason Garrett and Linehan overnight turned into Bellichik and Daniels. Some fans are just cautious because they know what the next shoe is that’s going to drop and are tried of getting their hopes up. Me I just can’t forgive how much Garrett and Linehan have sucked and this 3 game winning streak doesn’t magically remove that. It’s going to take a serious run in the playoffs which I don’t think they are capable of doing. I’m not negative about this team per say I think they have some good talent, I’m just not sold on Jason Garrett because of a 3 game winning streak. I guess I’m negative on Garrett still. If that doesn’t make me a fan in someone’s eyes oh well.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I care only because it is ruining this forum.

I have been here from the get-go and it has always been a great place to talk Cowboys with other fans. Yet here we are, in the midst of a 3-game win streak, and I have to read “Dak Sucks” threads after the guy throws two touchdowns and runs for another one.

It’s a bit out of hand. I suspect that @AsthmaField is right and many are just trolls from other teams. Too many people pretending to be fans who root against their own team.

And can't enjoy game threads where two other teams are playing. Because there is always "Dak could never make that throw", "These are real QBs", "If we had *insert the QB who is playing well name* then we would be 9-1" etc.... as game threads where any QB plays decent is used to bash Dak. I'm for criticizing players when they don't play well, however the fixation on Dak to bring it up in just about every thread possible is getting tiring

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Nice game. I think Dak did great passing and running. But OP, Dallas still needs to win vs the big teams. Dallas has a history of SB wins that it hasnt seen for whats seems a million years and the negative nellys want o see DallSs compete for a SB. iM STARTING TO ENJOY THE FEW WINS AND NOT EXPECT DALLAS TO BE A SB TEAM especially with this staff in place.

If I get my expectations too high, I come down too hard.

waving monkey

Reaction score
And there's a group , and we know who they are that NEVER talk football but are here to merely point out those negative posters and anoint themselves super fans.
Its a big reason that the draft forum is by far and away the best forum on this board year after year. Those fans don't watch college ball and like minded fans are left to discuss the draft without EVER getting into it like happens here every day....
@unionjack I know I fall into the category your speaking of. I admonish myself each day I boot up to just let it slide. But some comments are just so galling. I apologize. Yes the draft is great forum.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I monitored the game threads yesterday. Some of the criticism was deserved, but a lot of it seemed too harsh. It was a good win against a team with a really good D and an offense that rallied around their backup QB. Enjoy the ride. It might last or it might not. If the roller coaster didn't have peaks and valleys, it'd only be a fast merry-go-round.
I agree some was warranted criticism .I have no problems with that