Sign Clowney- Monday after 3 PM

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have zero interest in Clowney or a veteran safety. We have two veteran safeties as starters now. We also have a second year safety who intercepted a pass in each preseason game. We were not going to sign any starter. If anything, just special teams. Let’s see what we have.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a career disappointment who has never lived up to the hype.

You can choose 1 of the 2 options below, but it has to be exactly 1 of these options will no modifications:

1. Sign Clowney and cut Crawford. Another team was going to sign him; therefore the Cowboys had to give that team three 1st round picks to keep them from signing him. The Cowboys give him a 10 year contract that is fully guaranteed for 100M per season.

2. Keep Crawford and pay him his 8M salary.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can choose 1 of the 2 options below, but it has to be exactly 1 of these options will no modifications:

1. Sign Clowney and cut Crawford. Another team was going to sign him; therefore the Cowboys had to give that team three 1st round picks to keep them from signing him. The Cowboys give him a 10 year contract that is fully guaranteed for 100M per season.

2. Keep Crawford and pay him his 8M salary.

What did I do to deserve this?
:banghead:

Option 2 all day. I only have to suffer through one more year of that!
:laugh:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree, know a couple of college fans who like Clemson in football and dook in basketball. I am like WTH!

well it’s typical to have different college basketball and football teams that’s fine. Moreso the problem is when you have 2 football teams or 2 basketball teams

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The Cowboys just aced the draft.

They turned their strength into a greater strenght.

The only spot left in question is an DE opposite Lawerence.

Sure that spot could be Aldon Smith or Gregory, but those two's future is still up in the air. We have some young players and the guy from Utah could be a nice option.

But when looking at the roster, that DE position is the biggest question mark, and luckily for the Cowboys the best remaining FA fits that need. (And if not Clowney, Griffin is still there as plan B).

Also, according to the CBA, the deadline for compensatory picks is 3 PM the Monday following the draft.

So, if the Cowboys can agree with Clowney after 3 pm on Monday, they can add the best available FA on the market, fill their biggest need, and not take away from the picks they gain from losing Cobb, Quinn, and Jones.

Let's get this done.
seeing how the cowboys didnt even bother to address DE when there were DEs to be had hints that they seem to know that Smith and/or Gregory will be renstated. Gregory has come out and said he decided to sit out all of 2019 because he wanted to work on himself rather then put himself out there to fail. Aldon smith seems to have alot of backing in his road to recovery.

Clowney is an undersized LDE. Broken down body that has lost probably 30% of his ability because of injury. Rather this team run with Crawford, Gregory, Smith and Armstrong .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree, know a couple of college fans who like Clemson in football and dook in basketball. I am like WTH!
I get that but it does not exactly match my pet peeve. I am not put off by those kinds of fanships. My opinion is based on fan preference within each particular sport, whether it is at the college or pro level (or even high school). For example:

College Basketball
Duke fan only? Yes! Duke and Clemson fan? No.

College Baseball
Texas fan only? Yes! Texas and Vanderbilt fan? No.

NHL
Boston fan only? Yes! Boston and Chicago fan? No.

NFL
Dallas fan only? Yes! Dallas and Seattle fan? No.

I love it whenever someone says they are fans of two different teams that play each other. You ask, "Who are you rooting for?" They say, "BOTH!" It is like sitting beside someone at a football game and hearing them yell in the same breath, "GO DEFENSE! GO OFFENSE!" There is no unwavering loyalty to any one team. Those fans lean in whatever direction the wind blows. May as well root for the referees too. :facepalm:

Players come from lots of different loyalties for teams growing up. Nothing wrong with it. Players get drafted rarely by their favorite team and should not be questioned about a lifelong loyalty to another team. I am cool with those situations. It is those with two, three or more favorite teams in the same sport who make me shake my head.

/mini-rant

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
well it’s typical to have different college basketball and football teams that’s fine. Moreso the problem is when you have 2 football teams or 2 basketball teams

I don't see either, a die hard fan will not have 2 teams. You are going down with one team not multiple teams.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I get that but it does not exactly match my pet peeve. I am not put off by those kinds of fanships. My opinion is based on fan preference within each particular sport, whether it is at the college or pro level (or even high school). For example:

College Basketball
Duke fan only? Yes! Duke and Clemson fan? No.

College Baseball
Texas fan only? Yes! Texas and Vanderbilt fan? No.

NHL
Boston fan only? Yes! Boston and Chicago fan? No.

NFL
Dallas fan only? Yes! Dallas and Seattle fan? No.

I love it whenever someone says they are fans of two different teams that play each other. You ask, "Who are you rooting for?" They say, "BOTH!" It is like sitting beside someone at a football game and hearing them yell in the same breath, "GO DEFENSE! GO OFFENSE!" There is no unwavering loyalty to any one team. Those fans lean in whatever direction the wind blows. May as well root for the referees too. :facepalm:

Players come from lots of different loyalties for teams growing up. Nothing wrong with it. Players get drafted rarely by their favorite team and should not be questioned about a lifelong loyalty to another team. I am cool with those situations. It is those with two, three or more favorite teams in the same sport who make me shake my head.

/mini-rant

Agree, LOL, I am straight boys and heels in all sports men and women and reds.

SSoup

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked if Clowney already has a deal in place, waiting on ice until they can make it official when it doesn’t count against them for the comp pick system. Obviously it would be with one of the teams who is slick about the compensatory pick system, and who has some good comp picks coming their way.

New England or whoever.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rumors around the net are that Clowney has a deal worked out with the Titans but is waiting a day or two to sign so wont affect comp pick status.

Kinda makes sense when you remember that Vrabel was the DC in Houston before becoming HC in Nashville and reports are that he and Clowney really liked each other.

So take it for what its worth, but looks like Clowney might be off the market in the next day or two.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Haha..

Depressing?

You mean left brain enlightning.

You like perfume and incence?

No prob.

Check the other threads.

I like conversation..not deadened one line answers..

like yours.

Boring bro.

Ueah.
And ... and Dboys is mean and ****.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The Cowboys just aced the draft.

They turned their strength into a greater strenght.

The only spot left in question is an DE opposite Lawerence.

Sure that spot could be Aldon Smith or Gregory, but those two's future is still up in the air. We have some young players and the guy from Utah could be a nice option.

But when looking at the roster, that DE position is the biggest question mark, and luckily for the Cowboys the best remaining FA fits that need. (And if not Clowney, Griffin is still there as plan B).

Also, according to the CBA, the deadline for compensatory picks is 3 PM the Monday following the draft.

So, if the Cowboys can agree with Clowney after 3 pm on Monday, they can add the best available FA on the market, fill their biggest need, and not take away from the picks they gain from losing Cobb, Quinn, and Jones.

Let's get this done.

Aldon Smith
:muttley:.
Sorry matey but that bean is soooooo 2015. Yeah, the last year he played.o_O
In NFL life, that is 10 years and maybe more if we end up playing December and onward until games are halted.

Gregory?
Don't hang yer hat on that lethargic smoker.
When did he last play, 2017?

Let's not base our hopes on failed models. They are the bad past.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Cowboys have 10.5 million in cap space and though they can rework contracts they won't have much left after signing rookies. Hopefully the NFL will rule on on Gregory and Smith soon. Clowney is a dream signing but not for the money he wants.

Not True.

We get some money back from Travis Frederick's retirement and can save up to $8 million by cutting Crawford or get him to take a pay cut if he and we want him here so bad.

Then we have Lawrence's lofty deal, Zeke's and Martin's if we want to restructure.

Sign Dak and there is more cap space right there.

We can sign whoever we want if we feel that will get us over the edge.