Sign Clowney- Monday after 3 PM

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Cowboys just aced the draft.

They turned their strength into a greater strenght.

The only spot left in question is an DE opposite Lawerence.

Sure that spot could be Aldon Smith or Gregory, but those two's future is still up in the air. We have some young players and the guy from Utah could be a nice option.

But when looking at the roster, that DE position is the biggest question mark, and luckily for the Cowboys the best remaining FA fits that need. (And if not Clowney, Griffin is still there as plan B).

Also, according to the CBA, the deadline for compensatory picks is 3 PM the Monday following the draft.

So, if the Cowboys can agree with Clowney after 3 pm on Monday, they can add the best available FA on the market, fill their biggest need, and not take away from the picks they gain from losing Cobb, Quinn, and Jones.

Let's get this done.

Weeks from now is after 3pm on Monday too.

Todd Archer reported that Gregory submitted his reinstated application on March 22.

Goodell has 60 days to respond. We'll know before the end of May.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28940406/source-cowboys-de-randy-gregory-files-reinstatement

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Aldon Smith
:muttley:.
Sorry matey but that bean is soooooo 2015. Yeah, the last year he played.o_O
In NFL life, that is 10 years and maybe more if we end up playing December and onward until games are halted.

Gregory?
Don't hang yer hat on that lethargic smoker.
When did he last play, 2017?

Let's not base our hopes on failed models. They are the bad past.

Gregory missed last season, and played 14 games in 2018.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00/gamelog/2018/

This was after missing all but 2 games of 2016 and all of 2017. This time he'd be coming back after a smaller layoff, and should get whatever camp/preseason is available.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00.htm

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Aldon Smith
:muttley:.
Sorry matey but that bean is soooooo 2015. Yeah, the last year he played.o_O
In NFL life, that is 10 years and maybe more if we end up playing December and onward until games are halted.

Gregory?
Don't hang yer hat on that lethargic smoker.
When did he last play, 2017?

Let's not base our hopes on failed models. They are the bad past.

Gregory missed last season, and played 14 games in 2018.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00/gamelog/2018/

This was after missing all but 2 games of 2016 and all of 2017. This time he'd be coming back after a smaller layoff, and should get whatever camp/preseason is available.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00.htm

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
So I guess no one watched Clowney in the playoffs? Because he was basically unstoppable during stretches there.

If I can get that guy on my team for 1 year I jump all over it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect to see the Seahawks sign Clowney as soon as the comp pick windows is closed. They're already freeing up the money to do it. They're signing either Clowney or Griffen, heck, maybe both?

DanA

Reaction score
I expect to see the Seahawks sign Clowney as soon as the comp pick windows is closed. They're already freeing up the money to do it. They're signing either Clowney or Griffen, heck, maybe both?

Clowney was already on the Seahawks last season so it won't impact compensatory picks.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Cowboys have 10.5 million in cap space and though they can rework contracts they won't have much left after signing rookies. Hopefully the NFL will rule on on Gregory and Smith soon. Clowney is a dream signing but not for the money he wants.
Crawford frees up 10 mill cut him give clowney 1yr 18-20 mill and then get comp pick next yr from him too

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You would complain about newton too. But no you know who it is. Its dak you kno the same guy your wife dreams about
You can't stand Romo but your all over Daks Dak.......that proves every time you bash one or praise the other your words have zero value.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can't stand Romo but your all over Daks Dak.......that proves every time you bash one or praise the other your words have zero value.
Not true if dak played bad i will be the first to say so. Right now hes a top 10 qb in the league and every stat says so. And the difference i cheered for romo when he was qb. You romosexuals make him look bad

Last edited:

sean10mm

Reaction score
Clowney has degenerative knee problems and had all of 3 sacks in 2019. He hasn't looked anything like a star since leaving Houston.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not true if dak played bad i will be the first to say so. Right now hes a top 10 qb in the league and every stat says so.
Stats LOL! Man oh man, you go by stats. That makes sense now. Anything you say especially on this topic is invalid. Heres some stats for you.

463 yards vs GB
278 vs jets
355 vs buffalo
334 vs chicago

Not only did all those "stats" come in losses but all those games we weren't even competitive due to very poor QB play. We couldn't move the ball in any of those games and he put most of those "stats" up in garbage 4th quarter time when those games were already over. Same thing happened in NE, @ Philly and NO.......those games we never even had a chance.

That was 7 games last year when we didn't even have a chance. Even at the end and a chance it felt like there was no way possible we we're going to win. I know one thing with Romo we always had that chance to win. Never felt out of it like I did this past year. Worst feeling ever.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Stats LOL! Man oh man, you go by stats. That makes sense now. Anything you say especially on this topic is invalid. Heres some stats for you.

463 yards vs GB
278 vs jets
355 vs buffalo
334 vs chicago

Not only did all those "stats" come in losses but all those games we weren't even competitive due to very poor QB play. We couldn't move the ball in any of those games and he put most of those "stats" up in garbage 4th quarter time when those games were already over. Same thing happened in NE, @ Philly and NO.......those games we never even had a chance.

That was 7 games last year when we didn't even have a chance. Even at the end and a chance it felt like there was no way possible we we're going to win. I know one thing with Romo we always had that chance to win. Never felt out of it like I did this past year. Worst feeling ever.
If you looked up stats you would know that garbage time crap you just spewed is actually inaccurate. He was 16th in the league in pass attempts when down by 2 scores or more. Another cool stat to look at is our recieving core lead the league in drops. Yes that is catchable passes that were dropped. Do some homework and come holla at me.

So thd qb that fumbles a snap to lose a playoff game you felt better about than the qb that literally had a clutch conversion against that same team to seal a playoff win? Omg and how clutch in 2016 to bring us back and tie the game on a 2pt conv calling his own #. Dak is that guy get used to it and embrace it

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If you looked up stats you would know that garbage time crap you just spewed is actually inaccurate. He was 16th in the league in pass attempts when down by 2 scores or more. Another cool stat to look at is our recieving core lead the league in drops. Yes that is catchable passes that were dropped. Do some homework and come holla at me.

So thd qb that fumbles a snap to lose a playoff game you felt better about than the qb that literally had a clutch conversion against that same team to seal a playoff win? Omg and how clutch in 2016 to bring us back and tie the game on a 2pt conv calling his own #. Dak is that guy get used to it and embrace it

That first stat doesn't mean anything cause when he was down is when he got most of those garbage yards in all those games. Yes they led the league in drops but he throws some ugly balls that cause those drops, catchable or not.

Romo, yes. I felt like we go to the super bowl in 16 if he was put back in. Your just a Romo hater and you love garbage stats so theres really not much sense talking with you. That first half performance against GB is what put us in a huge hole early anyways in the playoffs and there was talk about replacing him then. He did come back that game but hasn't done squat since.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That first stat doesn't mean anything cause when he was down is when he got most of those garbage yards in all those games. Yes they led the league in drops but he throws some ugly balls that cause those drops, catchable or not.

Romo, yes. I felt like we go to the super bowl in 16 if he was put back in. Your just a Romo hater and you love garbage stats so theres really not much sense talking with you. That first half performance against GB is what put us in a huge hole early anyways in the playoffs and there was talk about replacing him then. He did come back that game but hasn't done squat since.
2016 the worst officiating i've ever seen in a game put us in a hole early. Romo would never have won that game unless he was coming in to play defense and stop rodgers from completing that pass with 10 seconds to go. Dak did something that game romo never did. Throw for 300 yards in a playoff game. Dak also is tops in the league in comeback wins since 2016. Like I said his stats and even stats analytically are all top 10. I'm sorry my guy just embrace it. If there was a better option out there I would be all ears. But he is our best option at qb right now.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
2016 the worst officiating i've ever seen in a game put us in a hole early. Romo would never have won that game unless he was coming in to play defense and stop rodgers from completing that pass with 10 seconds to go. Dak did something that game romo never did. Throw for 300 yards in a playoff game. Dak also is tops in the league in comeback wins since 2016. Like I said his stats and even stats analytically are all top 10. I'm sorry my guy just embrace it. If there was a better option out there I would be all ears. But he is our best option at qb right now.
Wrong. Stopping Rodgers is easy and we were doing it in the 4th till the coaching staff stopped doing what they were doing. You blitz defensive back with Rodgers and he gets so frazzled. Its his kryptonite and they were tearing him apart with it late but then on the final play they decided to play prevent and of course we know what happened. to your credit that was one of the worst non holding calls on Irving EVER......man i hope he comes back to this defense.