Sign Clowney- Monday after 3 PM

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stats LOL! Man oh man, you go by stats. That makes sense now. Anything you say especially on this topic is invalid. Heres some stats for you.

463 yards vs GB
278 vs jets
355 vs buffalo
334 vs chicago

Not only did all those "stats" come in losses but all those games we weren't even competitive due to very poor QB play. We couldn't move the ball in any of those games and he put most of those "stats" up in garbage 4th quarter time when those games were already over. Same thing happened in NE, @ Philly and NO.......those games we never even had a chance.

That was 7 games last year when we didn't even have a chance. Even at the end and a chance it felt like there was no way possible we we're going to win. I know one thing with Romo we always had that chance to win. Never felt out of it like I did this past year. Worst feeling ever.

All QBs have bad games. Your biasing lacks context.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Heres some stats for you.

463 yards vs GB
278 vs jets
355 vs buffalo
334 vs chicago

Not only did all those "stats" come in losses but all those games we weren't even competitive due to very poor QB play.

Wasn't this thread about Clowney?

Bears score their highest point total of the season - Dak's fault.
Packers rack up 560 yards and 34 points - Dak's fault.
Jets hit a 92 yard bomb - their longest play of the season - Dak's fault.

Average opponent's points in those four losses - 28.75. Dak's fault. :rolleyes:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not when your supposedly a top 10 qb and your team doesn’t even stand a chance in almost half our games due to his poor qb play.

You’re on crack if you think Dak’s poor play is why the cowboys lost half their games.

Perhaps you should put some focus on the WORST special teams in the league and a defense that was one of the WORST in forcing turnovers.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You’re on crack if you think Dak’s poor play is why the cowboys lost half their games.

Perhaps you should put some focus on the WORST special teams in the league and a defense that was one of the WORST in forcing turnovers.
You can’t even argue the FACT that most of these games I mentioned where over by halftime and the others like NE NO and @ Philly we couldn’t move the Ball because of very poor QB PLAY.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You can’t even argue the FACT that most of these games I mentioned where over by halftime and the others like NE NO and @ Philly we couldn’t move the Ball because of very poor QB PLAY.

Saints 12 Dallas 10
Elliott 18-35 yards (1.9 ypc)

Eagles 17 Dallas 9 (Dak plays w injured shoulder)
Elliott 13-47 yards (3.6 ypc)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not when your supposedly a top 10 qb and your team doesn’t even stand a chance in almost half our games due to his poor qb play.

Aaron Rodgers has bad games and loses. Russell Wilson has bad games and loses. All QB have bad games and lose from time to time.

And yes I know that you want to oversimplify and scapegoat losses. I recall a defense that made Darnold look all pro. I recall a defense and special teams that consistently were amongst the worst in turnovers, field position, and scoring. I recall an offensive line and running game that struggled.

Dak certainly needs to improve his consistency particularly against top defenses but this notion that those losses are all or even mostly his fault is baseless.

HungryLion

Reaction score

1, they weren’t over by halftime.

2. Part of the REASON the cowboys fell behind is because the defense and special teams gave up points. I hope you realize that. In order
For a TEAM to fall way behind. The defense has to be giving up points.

Flamma

Reaction score
How bout we sign the most important person on the team. Our QB

Yeah screw Clowney. I may not be one of Dak's biggest fans but I am confident he can play well enough. I can't blame him for a Garrett led team that plays with no intensity. It's not just last year, it's most of his tenure. Besides that, I think Gregory is just as good or better. Then add Smith to the mix, who knows? We don't need Clowney.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah screw Clowney. I may not be one of Dak's biggest fans but I am confident he can play well enough. I can't blame him for a Garrett led team that plays with no intensity. It's not just last year, it's most of his tenure. Besides that, I think Gregory is just as good or better. Then add Smith to the mix, who knows? We don't need Clowney.
Clowney is a bit like our QB.

He too wants to be paid at the top tier but wants to be paid becuz in his mind he can.

Not becuz he has..becuz he could.

Do we really want that on defense?

Don't think so.

Now if he had a track record of doing instead of saying..

Sure.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
3 questions as always...

Is he available? Yes
Is he affordable? Seemingly yes, especially if he's willing to take a 1-year deal gambling on himself.
Does he make us better? Yes

Doesn't mean we will sign him, but if the answer to question #2 is yes, we should.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Saints 12 Dallas 10
Elliott 18-35 yards (1.9 ypc)

Eagles 17 Dallas 9 (Dak plays w injured shoulder)
Elliott 13-47 yards (3.6 ypc)
LOL so what. That means nothing. He couldn't throw the ball to even keep us in half our games last season. We didn't even have a chance. At least with Romo it always felt like there was a shot.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

2. Part of the REASON the cowboys fell behind is because the defense and special teams gave up points. I hope you realize that. In order
For a TEAM to fall way behind. The defense has to be giving up points.
In order for a team to fall way behind the offense has to stall 3-4 times in a row which is exactly what happened in most of those games.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread was about Clowney. How about you guys that are pro-Dak and anti-Dak quit jumping into these threads all the darn time. We all know how each camp feels, so give the rest of us a break.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

For a TEAM to fall way behind. The defense has to be giveng up points.

Over 1/2 way in the 3rd. Dak int 2 fumbles and one pathetic throw to a wide open zeke on forth down near the end zone. Thats 4 turnovers

Dak 3 ints 2 early game over by halftime

Want me to keep going?