Sign DEZ as PR

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
42 career returns 9.3 average and 2TD’s. Bring a spark
He doesnt have the excelleration and quickness anymore. He can still be a pro bowl receive with a accurate qb, but he won't do it the same way.
Dez used to have quickness and good excelleration. Now he's a Fitzgerald type. He can't return punts anymore. The leg injuries took that away form him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm all for Dez coming back. All these thin skin pansies don't know crap about team Dynamics. You know who you are......jock sniffers!!! Lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That "spark" runs like a sloth.

Crayton was even slower. He was still a great punt returner for us. The tiny jitterbugs are overrated. I like bigger guys who can take a hit. And Dez, despite lacking speed, clearly always had the knack for open field running.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t we give Dez a shot in Camp like any other walk-on FA?

There is a reason. Much like Witten last year, we're unlikely to *treat* him like a walk-on FA. Hard to see us remorselessly cutting Dez after bringing him back.

Dez's history here is the only real downside to signing him cheap. Otherwise, everything aligns for what I consider our needs. A veteran backup to the wideouts, and a redzone/possession WR for 3 WR situations.

I like the punt return idea too.

plymkr

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t we give Dez a shot in Camp like any other walk-on FA?
Exactly. I don't see the harm in bringing him in for camp and let him compete for a spot. Either as a punt returner or a reciever. That's what they have camp for. If he earns a spot then great, if not then so what. It's not like we're going to have dead money on the cap if we cut him.

Kick the tires on him, see what the old man has.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
42 career returns 9.3 average and 2TD’s. Bring a spark
why? what is the variety you are smoking these day? Is it legal in all 50 states? and can I invest in it? I need to recoup my stock market losses.....

Come on man!!! really?

Kaiser

Reaction score
The thread title means Public Relations and not Punt Returner, right? Right?

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
He doesnt have the excelleration and quickness anymore. He can still be a pro bowl receive with a accurate qb, but he won't do it the same way.
Dez used to have quickness and good excelleration. Now he's a Fitzgerald type. He can't return punts anymore. The leg injuries took that away form him.

He is not a Larry Fitzgerald type. Dez runs terrible routes and he’s slower and less quick than L Fitz.
Dez is a big bodied WR who played basketball and out positioned and jumped guys. Leg injuries took away what explosion he had, he’s done.

On second thought, he’s great, sign him up.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Wow.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Enough w/Dez threads. He's not even coming back as a janitor let alone a PR. Especially w/his childish tantrums.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I'm all for Dez coming back. All these thin skin pansies don't know crap about team Dynamics. You know who you are......jock sniffers!!! Lol

Ok so you are touting team dynamics as a reason to bring Dez back? I’m sure Sean Lee disagrees.

jsb357

Reaction score
dezback.jpg
http:\\www.jsbcycle.com\memes\dezback.jpg
thread.jpg