Sign DEZ as PR

BIGS87

Reaction score
Man all this Dez hate, you’re telling me he won’t be able to beat up on 3rd best corner on each team??!!!! If we were to bring him back we don’t need him to #1 WR, hell not even # 2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Man all this Dez hate, you’re telling me he won’t be able to beat up on 3rd best corner on each team??!!!! If we were to bring him back we don’t need him to #1 WR, hell not even # 2
Beat up? No.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know what he can do at 32 after a torn achilles and after sitting out of football for 2 years. If the team decides he isn’t worth it, I’m okay with that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so you are touting team dynamics as a reason to bring Dez back? I’m sure Sean Lee disagrees.
I've been around plenty of teams and believe me they don't all get along. Some actually hate each other. It shouldn't get in the way of the team. I don't think Lee cares one way or another. Besides, Garrett was the one that fostered the buddy system by hanging around with Romo, Witten and a few select players. He's gone.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez Bryant's candles would cost more than the cake.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He doesn’t have that breakaway speed anymore.
Neither did Beasley.

Just sure hands.

I would sign him just as insurance against injury to the WRs..

If he can play anywhere, he will help.

We are losing leadership all over this team.

Beasley, Witten, now Beard.

If I could replug in Dez anywhere, I would.

We have to stop thinking we are better than we are.

People who say "oh he is over the hill, etc." are not seeing where we are as a team.

We made a bad decision to not just lower his cap number and play him.

Now he has had to rehab and reset his career. He has a new roll to play and I think if he came back..we could have a Come Back Player of the Year guy in Dez.

We look really smart and Dez recovers his career if he stays healthy.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Now he has had to rehab and reset his career. He has a new roll to play and I think if he came back..we could have a Come Back Player of the Year guy in Dez.

No, it was the right decision to cut ties with Dez at that time. You assume they could just lower his cap number, but it was never a given he would go along with that type of move.

Now any team can evaluate current Dez and determine if he warrants bringing to their respective squad. In my opinion, Dez won't find a team until late in pre-season once injuries start occurring. There is no rush for any team to sign him right now. Teams will let the draft play out and also see how OTAs or training camps are impacted.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No, it was the right decision to cut ties with Dez at that time. You assume they could just lower his cap number, but it was never a given he would go along with that type of move.

Now any team can evaluate current Dez and determine if he warrants bringing to their respective squad. In my opinion, Dez won't find a team until late in pre-season once injuries start occurring. There is no rush for any team to sign him right now. Teams will let the draft play out and also see how OTAs or training camps are impacted.
Well..

The whole thing got messed up when we let Garrett inject his 2 cents.

We now know Garrett made bad decisions all over the place.

And I could careless if other teammates had a problem with Dez like Lee and Witten, too.

Dez and Romo were our entire offense for years and they were the only reason we were seen on Sunday afternoon on TV.

The football world watched becuz those two guys could change games against anybody.

So I just think people have forgotten those days. And to replace Dez, we had to trade for Amari, forfeit me a #1 draft pick and now resign him for way beyond what they were paying Dez.

That's alot of expense to replace Dez.

Right now..we could have him back at a nothing contract and a bag of beans.

I think we are acting like spoiled children that have too many presents under the Xmas tree. There are too many options to distract us.

Football and players who have proven they can win for us need to be playing.

Dez.

Now before somebody else signs him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t we give Dez a shot in Camp like any other walk-on FA?
because he is a distraction to the team and what we are trying to accomplish. a distraction in the locker room. a loud mouth whose time has come and gone.....time to fade away dez

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well..

The whole thing got messed up when we let Garrett inject his 2 cents.

We now know Garrett made bad decisions all over the place.

And I could careless if other teammates had a problem with Dez like Lee and Witten, too.

Dez and Romo were our entire offense for years and they were the only reason we were seen on Sunday afternoon on TV.

The football world watched becuz those two guys could change games against anybody.

So I just think people have forgotten those days. And to replace Dez, we had to trade for Amari, forfeit me a #1 draft pick and now resign him for way beyond what they were paying Dez.

That's alot of expense to replace Dez.

Right now..we could have him back at a nothing contract and a bag of beans.

I think we are acting like spoiled children that have too many presents under the Xmas tree. There are too many options to distract us.

Football and players who have proven they can win for us need to be playing.

Dez.

Now before somebody else signs him.
garrett was a jerry puppet...so it was jerry making bad decisions on personnel and garrett bad decisions on game day...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no, he won't be able to beat up on the 4th corner on the other team....dez' goose is cooked. he is done. he is a distraction. he was average/below average in the end. slow as molasses. couldn't get separation. now two years removed and a major injury later.... he is a dream to some people based on 10 years ago and people having a hard time letting him go...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
garrett was a jerry puppet...so it was jerry making bad decisions on personnel and garrett bad decisions on game day...
Oh yeah..

We all know that.

I think MM has or will be killing that phone line to Jerrah's Luxury Box on game days down to the bench.

Yeah think?

"Operator..put me through to the bench for McCarthy."

"Sorry Mr. Jones, Mr. McCarthy says he is busy running the team and can't come to the phone.

Can I take a message for him?

CLICK.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what???

Byron Jones goes to Dolphins
Randall Cobb goes to Texans
Robert Quinn goes to the Bears
Jason Witten goes to the Raiders
Jeff Heath goes to the Raiders
M. Collins goes to the Raiders
Xavier Sua Fila goes to Bengals
Kerry Hyder goes to 49ers
Travis Frederick RETIRES

Exactly where is the leadership all over this team that the Cowboys are losing? JWit, FredBeard........

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Neither did Beasley.

Just sure hands.

I would sign him just as insurance against injury to the WRs..

If he can play anywhere, he will help.

Beasley, Witten, now Beard.

If I could replug in Dez anywhere, I would.

We have to stop thinking we are better than we are.

People who say "oh he is over the hill, etc." are not seeing where we are as a team.

Bryant is the last player I'd want being a leader.