Sign DEZ as PR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
because he is a distraction to the team and what we are trying to accomplish. a distraction in the locker room. a loud mouth whose time has come and gone.....time to fade away dez
If that’s still the case Id agree. Not sure how we’d know that at this point?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Say what???

Byron Jones goes to Dolphins
Randall Cobb goes to Texans
Robert Quinn goes to the Bears
Jason Witten goes to the Raiders
Jeff Heath goes to the Raiders
M. Collins goes to the Raiders
Xavier Sua Fila goes to Bengals
Kerry Hyder goes to 49ers
Travis Frederick RETIRES

Exactly where is the leadership all over this team that the Cowboys are losing? JWit, FredBeard........
Hmm..

Your examples are a start of what I'm saying.

And rightly or wrongly..

we just lost an entire coaching staff as well.

It remains to see what has been lost and what found.

I am not a believer that change is always a good thing.

I did not like Garrett but some guys were fine.

I would have preferred to have replaced Garrett and then rebuild as needed.

This is upheaval right now and have no clue how the team will respond.

Just my feelings. I am not hearing much from the players on the changes.

It's sort of quiet..

(Crickets)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can't be serious. Dez has always been slow and his refusal to go down only sets him up to get hurt.

Crayton was slower. And Harris. Both still good returners.

And when you get cheap players, you don't have them tiptoe out of bounds to keep them from getting hurt. You use their physicality. Dez was always physical. If we brought him back, he'd be in a relatively limited role, taking *less* abuse than he used to, with a better chance of staying healthy. We should just make him wear a full set of pads, which he failed to do in the past.

jnday

Reaction score
That statement left me with the “wow” reaction too. Dez might be able to contribute if used correctly, but him playing at Pro Bowler level is a big reach. A very big reach.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That is a positive not a negative.

I mean, what coaching leadership did the Cowboys really lose? How to lead to 8-8?

Other than JWit and Fred, the Cowboys have lost no leadership.
I guess we see leadership a bit differently.

I would add Cobb to that leadership lost. Almost 900 yes in his first year. I mentioned Beasley from last years team.

Quinn is gone 11.5 sacks..Bennett is gone..

and several other roster loses from FG kickers to second liners like Collins and more.

Leaders can be regarded as high level leaders like Zeke and Dak but it's not just limited there.

Sometimes leadership will form thru a group of individuals acting as a unit and performing collectively as that group as opposed to the individuals.

In football, its referred to as 'chemistry'.

We have no idea about the chemistry to come. We are not sure about the chemistry lost yet.

Leadership comes out of that.

Not sure I can explain any better. It's more a feeling, not a quantitative 'this guy's is a leader..this guy is not.

When you see it you know it. When you don't..you don't.

It's way too early to say right now..

I'm pretty certain leadership is a rated quality in all the players McCarthy looks at.

We shall see what we shall see.

Sorry for the long answer. It deserved more than your answer as it was a valid statement to me.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I guess we see leadership a bit differently.

I would add Cobb to that leadership lost. Almost 900 yes in his first year. I mentioned Beasley from last years team.

Quinn is gone 11.5 sacks..Bennett is gone..

and several other roster loses from FG kickers to second liners like Collins and more.

Leaders can be regarded as high level leaders like Zeke and Dak but it's not just limited there.

Sometimes leadership will form thru a group of individuals acting as a unit and performing collectively as that group as opposed to the individuals.

In football, its referred to as 'chemistry'.

We have no idea about the chemistry to come. We are not sure about the chemistry lost yet.

Leadership comes out of that.

Not sure I can explain any better. It's more a feeling, not a quantitative 'this guy's is a leader..this guy is not.

When you see it you know it. When you don't..you don't.

It's way too early to say right now..

I'm pretty certain leadership is a rated quality in all the players McCarthy looks at.

We shall see what we shall see.

Sorry for the long answer. It deserved more than your answer as it was a valid statement to me.

That leadership led us to 8-8, losing to a depleted eagles team and missing the playoffs!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I do not know why Dez Bryant wants to play for hypocrite Cowboy fans that were "throwing up the X" less than 3 years ago, and begging Jerry Jones to give a 1st round pick to the Raiders for Amari Cooper trying to replace no. 88 after Jerry Jones was saying the Cowboys had not had a no.1 WR in several years.

Jerry Jones is a hypocrite and Cowboy fans dogging the only Cowboys WR that actually cared about winning, chosen to wear the legacy of no.88, lived up to the legacy, and actually cried for loses, shows hypocrite Cowboy fans and Jerry The Dumbo GM Jones deserve each other

I am glad Jason Witten will not break Dez Bryant's Cowboys TD record that Dez achieved not being the Cowboys no.1 WR according to Jerry Jones. What does that say about the red head clapping clown Jerry The Dumbo GM Jones hired as Head Coach those several years Dez put up 73 TDs not being his no. 1 WR.

Dak grew up a Cowboys fan wanting to take the Cowboys to a Super Bowl and the Dumbo GM franchise tags him. Dez grew up a Cowboys fan wanting to take the Cowboys to a Super Bowl and the Red Head devil begs the Jerry Dumbo GM Jones to cut him because he cares to much about winning.

Before hypocrite Cowboy fans respond, remember when the playoff game was on the line in 2014 they threw the ball to Dez and he made the catch and TD in Greenbay (even though the NFL/Referres did not know what a catch looks like). When the playoffs was on the line in 2019 in Philadelphia Cooper was put on the sideline. That is fact.

If Dez can play, sign him as a WR/PR/KR/Slot WR/HB/TE. If Randall Cobb can have a come back year, so can Dez Bryant. I can give you 73 reasons why Dez can play in the NFL. All he does is make plays.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Randall Cobb can have a come back year, so can Dez Bryant.
That's simply not true. Cobb has the physical abilities to still play and knows how to play WR. Dez doesn't have either.

Cobb averaged 52 catches per year in GB. He had 55 with the Cowboys last year. Exactly how is that a 'come back' year?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
42 career returns 9.3 average and 2TD’s. Bring a spark

Give all fans paintball guns and balls filled with clear water and frozen. Then have Dez run an obstacle course while everyone blast him with frozen paint balls.

That would be awesome PR for fans that remember him dropping the ball vs Green Bay instead of just going down and taking the 1st down and big gain.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That leadership led us to 8-8, losing to a depleted eagles team and missing the playoffs!
It's a team sport.

You win or lose together.

I am not any happier than any of us about what is happening now.

Or what happened this year or any year where we did not improve.

I just do not think leadership is just a neat packaged commodity where 'experts say ' I found it.

It comes and goes, multiplies and reduces over time.

All teams deal with it.

I will give you an example then let's move on.

Back in 2016, when Dak and Zeke arrived, we had a team that claimed to have banded together and according to many, it was a galzanizing experience.

I thought "Finally we have 'a team". That we had leaders in Dak and Zeke and even Garrett won Coach of the Year.

I said to myself 'if ' we can only keep this feeling we will be unstoppable.

There was a collective leadership I had not seen in years..

Then..2017 came.

Zeke was suspended, Dak could not do it without Zeke and we missed the playoffs.

Garrett had no answers and it was obvious he had ridden the 2016 season on the backs of the team's success..it wasn't because of him. In short, we had returned to Earth. Thunk.

Now 2018 was better but leadership again failed and everything won a single playoff game. Not much improvement.

My point is that leadership needs to be collective for football. Basketball has only 5 starters. So having only 1 or 2 studs can get you a long way.

But not with the NFL. Teams that win don't just have a few studs..it's a few studs along with coaches who set the tone, 2nd and 3rd stringers who may have to sub for injuries and still win.

I hope MM can do this. I am a fan and know you are, too.

I like seeing others opinions on stuff.

Thanx. Run out of breathe.

:thumbup:

cowboyed

Reaction score
You have to love Dez's spirit and desire to get back with the team. But his own emotions and stubbornness likely would get in the way.

Also he is not the same capable player he once was thanks to age and the rigors of professional football .

I wish there was another role for him with the team. Perhaps one day he can be our special teams coach with all that fierce passion.

But the dark side of that extreme temperament is not being able to build better players but eroding them when they don't perform as expected.

nobody

Reaction score
I do not know why Dez Bryant wants to play for hypocrite Cowboy fans that were "throwing up the X" less than 3 years ago, and begging Jerry Jones to give a 1st round pick to the Raiders for Amari Cooper trying to replace no. 88 after Jerry Jones was saying the Cowboys had not had a no.1 WR in several years.

Jerry Jones is a hypocrite and Cowboy fans dogging the only Cowboys WR that actually cared about winning, chosen to wear the legacy of no.88, lived up to the legacy, and actually cried for loses, shows hypocrite Cowboy fans and Jerry The Dumbo GM Jones deserve each other

I am glad Jason Witten will not break Dez Bryant's Cowboys TD record that Dez achieved not being the Cowboys no.1 WR according to Jerry Jones. What does that say about the red head clapping clown Jerry The Dumbo GM Jones hired as Head Coach those several years Dez put up 73 TDs not being his no. 1 WR.

Dak grew up a Cowboys fan wanting to take the Cowboys to a Super Bowl and the Dumbo GM franchise tags him. Dez grew up a Cowboys fan wanting to take the Cowboys to a Super Bowl and the Red Head devil begs the Jerry Dumbo GM Jones to cut him because he cares to much about winning.

Before hypocrite Cowboy fans respond, remember when the playoff game was on the line in 2014 they threw the ball to Dez and he made the catch and TD in Greenbay (even though the NFL/Referres did not know what a catch looks like). When the playoffs was on the line in 2019 in Philadelphia Cooper was put on the sideline. That is fact.

If Dez can play, sign him as a WR/PR/KR/Slot WR/HB/TE. If Randall Cobb can have a come back year, so can Dez Bryant. I can give you 73 reasons why Dez can play in the NFL. All he does is make plays.

I think because it's the Dallas Cowboys and this is a Cowboys message board, NOT a site for individual players and it isn't the Dallas Dez Bryants. He was a good receiver, but had issues. I'd be all for bringing him in to TC under vet minimum and seeing if he can earn a spot, but I don't see it happening. Injuries and age and a lack of him wanting to be coached and just relying on his athletic ability will have taken its toll.

I thank him for his years here, but it's time to move on...because I am a fan of the Cowboys and want what gives the team the best chances to win....not steadfast dedication to players who can no longer help the team for whatever reason. He got railroaded out because he called out Linehan, but what's done is done.