News: Sign QB to bucks, lose top players

SDCowboy

Reaction score
So you solution is, what? Don't have a top QB? Unless there is a league-wide adjustment where QB's stop getting paid so much, there isn't anything you can do unless you just want a JAG QB.

And that's also the point of a salary cap - so you can't make super teams.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
oh. no, you didn't. master ninja turtle dak deserves the money. he played for chump change while zeke carried him. oh.. no... you... didn't.

and I don't care where he was drafted, he should have started out making 30million.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you solution is, what? Don't have a top QB? Unless there is a league-wide adjustment where QB's stop getting paid so much, there isn't anything you can do unless you just want a JAG QB.

And that's also the point of a salary cap - so you can't make super teams.
My solution is to pay an actual top QB.

Dak is not a top QB.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
QB is the one position in the league where you really only have two viable paths at QB:

#1. Top-performing QB on a cheap/rookie contract
#2. Top-performing QB on an expensive contract based on their body of work

#1 will always become #2 and if you're lucky enough to cash in with a SB in #1, good for you. But when that becomes #2, you have less to spend as a team and need to make some more economical decisions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB & KC are losing players. Dallas has not lost any players.
The Cooper trade was going to happen no matter what. It was him or Gallup. Even before Dak's contract, it was one of the other. It has been discussed over and over going back ever since Cooper came here.

They aren't signing any top FA's, not because of lack of cap space nor Dak's contract. But because that is the way they always have been.
Williams and Gregory, yeah, well, 98% of the fans wanted them gone anyway.

This has not effected Dallas...yet...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Wich is why u better be sure u pay a real franchise QB who elevate everyone around him and does not rely on everyone else

cowboys did the opposite so it will be a fun few seasons with dak lol
well, dak is a good guy. we don't care what Jimmy said. the guys like elevating dak, they just aren't elite and can only carry him up to the basement.
sheesh, fairweather fans.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
No no no. We were told that Dak's contract wouldn't hinder the team at all. Lol. You mean to tell me that signing an average QB for 40 million a year has hindered the team? Jerry is a positive as anyone. When he's saying after the playoff that that season was their chance, he knew they were going to most likely be a worse team. Dak had a healthy, loaded team in a not very competitive conference and 3 minutes and 3 timeouts and couldn't get it done, to go along with his 70 QB rating and 39 QBR. Here's the issue with the article, it talks about these teams not being able to get better because of the contracts. While true the Chiefs and Packers have QB's you pay that money to, because they can do more with less. Dak is the opposite he needs others to carry him and he plays in a terrible division as well.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, dak is a good guy. we don't care what Jimmy said. the guys like elevating dak, they just aren't elite and can only carry him up to the basement.
Jimmy? Lol!! He's pissed cause he's not in the ROH.....he was great back then and then quit on us when he started talking crap about the guy that brought him in and paid him.....no loyalty, no respect.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jimmy? Lol!! He's pissed cause he's not in the ROH.....he was great back then and then quit on us when he started talking crap about the guy that brought him in and paid him.....no loyalty, no respect.
yeah!! and jerry was sniffing the crap out of socks and jocks and didn't get any credit. I wish jerry had hide jimmy's hair spray.
I give jerry the credit for buying all those super bowls. jimmy just was a walk-around dude.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They didn't have to trade him they chose not to overpay. The raiders were eager to over pay Adams and the dolphins followed suite. Like drew rosenhause said they were working on a deal and we're slowly moving closer to it before Adams received that dumb contract. Good for these guys tho but in ,2-3 years those teams will probably hate those contracts.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first time I met Jerry was the first camp without Jimmy....when I was introduced to him....I told him, I want to shake the hand of the man that fired Jimmy Johnson...he got a good laugh out of that.

Ken

Reaction score
No no no. We were told that Dak's contract wouldn't hinder the team at all. Lol. You mean to tell me that signing an average QB for 40 million a year has hindered the team? Jerry is a positive as anyone. When he's saying after the playoff that that season was their chance, he knew they were going to most likely be a worse team. Dak had a healthy, loaded team in a not very competitive conference and 3 minutes and 3 timeouts and couldn't get it done, to go along with his 70 QB rating and 39 QBR. Here's the issue with the article, it talks about these teams not being able to get better because of the contracts. While true the Chiefs and Packers have QB's you pay that money to, because they can do more with less. Dak is the opposite he needs others to carry him and he plays in a terrible division as well.
Dak's contract isn't hindering it. 19 mill is not hindering us.

What is, is the money we are paying swipe, the albatross contract of Zeke and the , up until now, 4.6 sacks per year last 3 years out of the great DLAW.

Dak has performed up to his contract.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The first time I met Jerry was the first camp without Jimmy....when I was introduced to him....I told him, I want to shake the hand of the man that fired Jimmy Johnson...he got a good laugh out of that.
sweet, we know who bought all of those super bowls.

the league had to ruin it with the salary cap, if not jerry would still be buying super bowls. sheesh, he would be a super bowl buying legend.