News: Sign QB to bucks, lose top players

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
true, but still yet, Jimmy is the only one who built a championship team and won two superbowls, while the same core of players and coaches except Switzer who was just a figure head won a 3rd superbowl. after that Jerry, on his own, without Jimmy's boys has been abysmal. absolute horror. Jerry hired Jimmy. Jerry should have Kept Jimmy. Jerry was stupid to let Jimmy go.
I don't disagree that Jerry isn't at fault, but Jimmy is just as much, if not more to blame. Look at our roster from last year...not bad for an idiot GM.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
exactly correct. its TEAM THINKING THEY CAN JUST REPLACE A WR AND THE QB WILL JUST GO HO HUM....and things as usual. there is no denying that Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes maximize the talent around them. Brady for years used two undersized WRs who have no chance at HOF into multiple superbowls, subsequently and prior neither could do much. Rodgers has made many WRs looking great, some of whom moved on and didn't amount to much. so yeah, some QBs make players around them better. very few though.

The thinking they could go ho-hum as usual because of their QBs wasn’t the thinking behind trading Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. They couldn’t afford them because of the cap. You can argue that all you want but it’s a fact!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is that? He didn't like Dallas, he's a seafaring man. And he didn't like working for Booger after that draft fiasco when Wannstedt had to talk him into coming to the war room. And he made more money working for other people because Booger does not respect coaching.
Jimmy is gone....let it go!! This is a Cowboys site and he quit on us. Screw him

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
true, but still yet, Jimmy is the only one who built a championship team and won two superbowls, while the same core of players and coaches except Switzer who was just a figure head won a 3rd superbowl. after that Jerry, on his own, without Jimmy's boys has been abysmal. absolute horror. Jerry hired Jimmy. Jerry should have Kept Jimmy. Jerry was stupid to let Jimmy go.
Booger holds little respect for coaches and that 500 coaches comment was very telling.

Booger could no longer allow another man's face to be that of his team. And it galls him that Johnson is still revered in Dallas and most people think Bogger's a buffoon.

Booger is becoming Crazy Al without the credentials.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did not quit on us as he never worked for us.

You don't like Johnson for your own reasons and that's fine but there are plenty here that do still like him.
Let it go.....Jerry gave him everything he needed to win and then he bolted. Went to the Dolphins and fell flat on his face. Lost 60-7 in has last game! What a God! Lol.....you all make me laugh.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let it go.....Jerry gave him everything he needed to win and then he bolted. Went to the Dolphins and fell flat on his face. Lost 60-7 in has last game! What a God! Lol.....you all make me laugh.
62-7, forgetting that safety?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could care less what a Yahoo NFL columnist opinion is on Dak.
I could really care what anyone's opinion of him is. I watch him and am able to form my own opinions just like I can the rest of the players.

When these analysts discuss players, they do not consider the alternatives to that player or in this case, the track record of that team with that position.

It is difficult for me to discuss Romo or Prescott without considering this team's track record and what might have been. Could always be worse and they have the track record to prove that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could really care what anyone's opinion of him is. I watch him and am able to form my own opinions just like I can the rest of the players.

When these analysts discuss players, they do not consider the alternatives to that player or in this case, the track record of that team with that position.

It is difficult for me to discuss Romo or Prescott without considering this team's track record and what might have been. Could always be worse and they have the track record to prove that.
No doubt Romo and Prescott provided for Jethro to remain interesting and relative which in his own words is the primary objective .

What it might have been without these two QB’s is difficult to speculate . But we have seen what we look like when they were out which was like 4-12 to 6-10 team.

I suppose we could argue that if we had had sustained 4-12 to 6-10 teams it could have potentially brought about more change in Jethro’s way of running the franchise like 3 straight 5-11 seasons.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All is true. What’s also true is Jethro hired Jimmy.

Not many here have blamed our dysfunctional ownership anymore for this era since the 90’s dynasty which Jimmy built than me as he’s at the forefront of my criticism as he’s the constant throughout this era .

And as we hold him responsible for what’s happened since Jimmy we must also give credit for Jethro bringing in Jimmy. It’s best decision the SOB ever made. It’s been down hill since Jimmys departure.
Absolutely. That was the right decision he made. Stayed in background. Provided support to the coach/defacto GM and then ego got in the way thinking it was all him and not jimmy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't disagree that Jerry isn't at fault, but Jimmy is just as much, if not more to blame. Look at our roster from last year...not bad for an idiot GM.
Over rated? We cowboys fans tend to over rate our talent. And we were deep in some areas (i.e. WR). But lacked in other areas. It's entirety of the roster and we weren't

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The thinking they could go ho-hum as usual because of their QBs wasn’t the thinking behind trading Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. They couldn’t afford them because of the cap. You can argue that all you want but it’s a fact!
But if they couldn't afford why did they offer the exact contract to Adams? Explain that.... If they couldn't then they wouldn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But if they couldn't afford why did they offer the exact contract to Adams? Explain that.... If they couldn't then they wouldn't.

A lot of things are being reported it just depends on which report is accurate. In the beginning the Packers didn’t offer Adams the huge contract he was looking for and franchised him. Apparently this created some bad blood between Adams and the Packers. When they decided to match the Raiders offer he chose the Raiders instead. The Packers were able to manipulate their cap to make Adams contract work. You initially claimed they didn’t need Adams because of their QB. You said they could just put another receiver in. It’s obvious they didn’t feel that way because they offered him 28 million per season to stay which would have made him the highest paid WR in the league. The Dolphins offer for Tyreek Hill was better than what the Chiefs could pay. The Chiefs made every attempt to give him a new deal but they couldn’t and had to trade him. This is all contrary to your claims that they really didn’t need him because of their QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was fired. Wasn't he?
That's never been verified. It was more of mutual parting according to them unless Booger's drunk in public again.

For Booger to have approached him with that idea for the war room in their last draft has to tell you how desperate Booger was for attention, he's a child in that regard. For Wannstedt to have to talk Johnson into coming into the war room tells me how far that rift was becoming.

Then Booger gets drunk in public, evidently a habit, and wants some credit and to be toasted by Johnson's coaching staff and for them to shun him tells you just how much the coaching staff thought of Booger.

Other GM's do not step up and want to overshadow their HC's and they seldom share anything with the media. They understand the coaching staff is its own animal.

Booger saw Johnson becoming a media star and was so jealous he couldn't handle it. Add to this he caught all of the heat for firing Landry and the death threats for not signing Emmitt and Johnson actually gets the credit for Emmitt getting signed and in by the 3rd game.

Now, the seeds of this were sewn when they were roommates at AR and Booger was an OL and Johnson a DL. That team was all about defense and set the record for scoring and had 5 shutouts, the offense was there so we could go to the bathroom or fix a sammich. It truly was an amazing defense and just judging by Johnson's personality, I don't think he let Booger forget the D was the dog and the O the tail.

According to the SEC doc "Before They Were Cowboys", Booger was inspired by Switzer, just as Johnson, and wanted to go into coaching but the money wasn't a lure and he didn't follow his true dream. Johnson did and lived the dream at the highest possible level, college and NFL rings. I think Booger admired and respected Johnson but I think he was just as jealous of him. Because his accomplishments were public, Booger hit a gusher, no one cared.

When Johnson pulled that radio move before the Niners game, he took on legendary status in Dallas and that was just too much for Booger's childlike ego to handle.

The town was just not big enough for the both of them and Johnson wanted out anyway.