Significance of your username?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Tanglefoot is used to describe a strong alcoholic drink. My dad told me the story of walking into a liquor store and asking for Wild Turkey, the old man behind the counter referred to it as tanglefoot. Dad introduced me to both Wild turkey and the Dallas Cowboys and they have been a part of my life ever since, along with a few other Bourbons... I'm sensing a theme here :laugh:
Thanks Dad :flagwave:
Very cool. Never heard that before.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's fairly dead on the Fan Zone being it's the offseason, so I thought I'd ask. I'm curious about the origins of people's user names. Some are obvious, but others are not. What does your user name mean? Why did you choose it? I assume this has been asked in the past so apologies in advance if that is the case. Maybe this should be on the Members Zone or something. I don't know. Feel free to tell me how Dak or Garrett sucks instead.

Son's initials and b-day. And the reason for the avatar? I'm a crazy nut bag. Next question.........

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My name has a dual meaning. When I was a kid, I looked up to my older cousin. He went to the Naval Academy and played football. One of his teammates and friend was Roger Staubach. I got to meet him and became a fan forever. I was also motivated to become a football player in college--the atmosphere was just overwhelming to me. When Staubach joined the Cowboys I became a Philly-born Cowboy fan for life. There were a few other times I met him, and I don't know if you would find a kinder, more polite athlete anywhere. I carried my drive to play football to high school, grew large (6'4, 230 my senior year), and ended up getting a D1 scholarship to Rutgers. Another 15 pounds of added muscle thanks to the coaches making me work out 4 hours a day and I kept my ride for four years, playing in over 30 college games, most as a starter. Side note--I'm a bit larger these days, lol, at 275, but still lifting as I approach my later 60's.

That StarofGlory represents an America I knew, seeing the flag, Naval Academy, Roger Staubach, and what he represented. And when he joined the Cowboys, I became a fan what would become a franchise with a very glorious history, with some of the NFL's greatest players ever. My name represents the dreams of my youth and my favorite all-time sports team.

Wow...really crapped on my JW 82 breakdown....lol. Very cool story!

conner01

Reaction score
My name has a dual meaning. When I was a kid, I looked up to my older cousin. He went to the Naval Academy and played football. One of his teammates and friend was Roger Staubach. I got to meet him and became a fan forever. I was also motivated to become a football player in college--the atmosphere was just overwhelming to me. When Staubach joined the Cowboys I became a Philly-born Cowboy fan for life. There were a few other times I met him, and I don't know if you would find a kinder, more polite athlete anywhere. I carried my drive to play football to high school, grew large (6'4, 230 my senior year), and ended up getting a D1 scholarship to Rutgers. Another 15 pounds of added muscle thanks to the coaches making me work out 4 hours a day and I kept my ride for four years, playing in over 30 college games, most as a starter. Side note--I'm a bit larger these days, lol, at 275, but still lifting as I approach my later 60's.

That StarofGlory represents an America I knew, seeing the flag, Naval Academy, Roger Staubach, and what he represented. And when he joined the Cowboys, I became a fan what would become a franchise with a very glorious history, with some of the NFL's greatest players ever. My name represents the dreams of my youth and my favorite all-time sports team.
You win the prize