News: Simi Fehoko Is Potentially Our New TE

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He looked like a hidden gem in college but my gosh did he look awful in the preseason.

His routes looked ugly and he’s a body catcher.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I told you when he was drafted that he couldn't separate in the NFL. If he looked really good to you you probably don't know what you're talking about.

shabazz

Reaction score
Sorry to say but I think this is another example of the Cowboys over-valuing their talent. Fehoko is a backup WR at best. At worst he’s a starter in the USFL.

…..life in the bargain basement

Kwyn

Reaction score
If McCarthy or any coach is saying he should convert to another position, that doesn't bode well for him as a WR. Probably should let him go rather than trying to force him to become something else. You know Jarwin use to be a WR too and that didn't work out.
He was a 5th round pick. You try to maximize the value and impact of a player and we have a solid receiving core ahead of him. It could simply be that they are trying to find a way to get him on the field

Aven8

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Only thing he did well in college was go routes. He’s a big dude so hopefully it works. Only problem I see is we don’t have this imaginative scheme that’s going to use his skills. I can’t see him on the infamous Witt option route turn around 8 yards down field boring play

conner01

Reaction score
Exactly, didnt we say that how many times, once with LeFluer or whatever his name was...
Its no easy task draft startable TEs, just look at the number 1 last draft that some here where in love with.
Bet Pitts develops quickly and becomes a serious weapon in this league, but just saying, if you want that pedigree at TE its going to cost a high pick like Atlanta gave the 4th overall to acquire.
Despite what some may feel about Schultz and Jarwin, and I understand, you cant retain Schultz if he getting crazy 12m per is insane and I would be really surprised if someone is willing to pay that,
maybe Jacksonville.
To be fair LeFluer was devastated by injuries
Pitts is not a typical TE is why he went that high
But you will need to use a top 2 round pick in most cases
Sometimes you get lucky and get a great one later like we did with Witten

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Waller is quite a bit bigger.

Yeah Waller came in to pre draft at 238, Fehoko at 227, about a good 20 pounds from the 250 Waller plays at. It looks like he can add some to that frame. TJ Vasher who was stashed & it seemed like they didn’t want to make available for anybody will be in the receiver room along with other undrafted free agents. This tells me we going after receivers in FA & draft and prolly going to try to bring one of Turner or everybody’s Fav Noah!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not care what you call him position wise. Can he run routes and get open and will the offensive coaches actually use him? if he is like olewale and the FB position where it looks great on paper then gets all of 3 targets/carries a year then its a wasted roster spot. If they are actually going to put him in position to succeed and he can get open then yes by all means lets do it.

conner01

Reaction score
He ran a 4.4 right
I think that was official time
That’s fast for a guy his size
If he could put on 20 lbs and still be that fast he could be a weapon
If he can learn to block would make him much more of a weapon
The thing about blocking on the edge is it doesn’t have to be a pancake block, just impede the guy from getting to the runner

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just draft a TE.

Yes was just about to post this same thing.

The kid form Ohio State around the 3rd round, Ruckert would be a great pick.
He was very under rated, but when he made plays he made them count. But with all the WR's Ohio State had, as well as the RB's. TE often was under used.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have some hope for Feheko, but keep him at WR. This conversion crap rarely works out.
I still need to see more though come this year. Not giving in to more "potential" crap they always float.

quickccc

Reaction score
Fehoko isn't slow. 4.37 speed. Don't mind us considering him as a receiving tight end, though, because he doesn't seem to have the shiftiness needed at receiver. He's kind of a one-speed guy.

- If Simi now considered a project for TE ,.. then i considered that whole WR project a failed experiment.
And then now questioned why he was literally carried on the 53 roster the entire year,.. instead of the Practice Squad.

- My hope is that they'd get him with a WR guru coach in the offseason and extensively work with him with agility drills, techniques - per footwork, hip-shoulder movements, working on
bent- stances, and foot placement etc. whereas he can be more explosive coming off the line and in press jam situations.
he's doesn't seem like the most fluid and explosive coming in and out of breaks. basically too much of a str8 liner.

- But the offseason with extensive time is the perfect time to work with him on those flaws.

- Even as a project TE, it's gonna be the same difficult task of getting him off the line and coming in and out of breaks -cuts ...
And what does that say if we have given up on him that quickly after one year .. ??

:oops:

quickccc

Reaction score
Yes was just about to post this same thing.

The kid form Ohio State around the 3rd round, Ruckert would be a great pick.
He was very under rated, but when he made plays he made them count. But with all the WR's Ohio State had, as well as the RB's. TE often was under used.

Ditto here ... just draft your TE and work from there ...

no more of these Rico Gathers, Simi Fehoko pet projects :confused:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Darren Waller of the Raiders was a WR for the Ravens before they had him convert to TE which worked out great for him.
That’s the hope here. Also I think they’re getting ready for Schulz to leave

superonyx

Reaction score
People here get way to serious with anything they hear.
No one is saying this dude is our starting TE. What is being said is he has no future here at WR. So if he can convert then maybe he stays around as a backup and special teams player.
If he can't then he isnt around anymore. Who cares. No big deal either way.

quickccc

Reaction score
To be fair LeFluer was devastated by injuries
Pitts is not a typical TE is why he went that high
But you will need to use a top 2 round pick in most cases
Sometimes you get lucky and get a great one later like we did with Witten

(Sigh) ... had we only not passed up Travis Kelcie (who went in 3rd rd via Chiefs) in the 2nd round,... instead of picking bust Gavin Escobar in that 2nd rd.

:banghead: