News: Simi Fehoko Is Potentially Our New TE

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You mean like CB/S Reggie Robinson .. a former 4th round pick ..?? :(.....
maybe, has to be the right player so try harder and obtain another to pair with Parsons that understands the transition.
Dean is different, but paired with Parsons would instantly make this back seven elite status defensively.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fehoko as our new TE would be just the start of a rough 2022 season. I noticed a few of the talking heads already picking Philly to win the NFC East next season. They were ascending at the end of last season while we were fading.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about Fehoko being a TE, since he didn't even look OK at WR in camp. We may draft a TE at some point and hope he works out. Other than that, Sean McKee may show enough to win a TE spot for 2022. He should do better than Fehoko could, playing out of position. It's still early yet.
I want to see what Fehoko has to offer, we have a 5th invested is all, so there was interest and would be really cool if a few of these players started stepping up, Jerry would love it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Fehoko would be an instant downgrade at TE he’s a project. Good luck counting on him to move the chains in a critical third down situation. Dalton Schultz may have been a liability as a blocker but he has developed into a very good receiving TE. He would be a big loss in my opinion.
grab some tissues, cause you will be crying about some forth coming losses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
grab some tissues, cause you will be crying about some forth coming losses.

I don’t cry about losses I’m prepared for them and expect them. Even before free agency starts and the draft my expectations aren’t very high for next season. I think the 2022 season will be a struggle.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don’t cry about losses I’m prepared for them and expect them.
wasnt trying to be rude, just saying that all of us here that understand the roster and cap dynamics already understand the value of what you said

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
wasnt trying to be rude, just saying that all of us here that understand the roster and cap dynamics already understand the value of what you said

They have to understand the roster, cap dynamics and where this team appears to be heading based on the second half of the season. We’re not an ascending team but some will turn a blind eye to that. There’s already a couple predicting another 12 win season in 2022 and a deep playoff run. I’m sure that’s their prediction for every season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They have to understand the roster, cap dynamics and where this team appears to be heading based on the second half of the season. We’re not an ascending team but some will turn a blind eye to that. There’s already a couple predicting another 12 win season in 2022 and a deep playoff run.
Oh Im hearing you, this 2022 season will be a fade, but as an honest fan I would love to give Quinn some more ammunition and build around a young talent laden defense that could become relevant quickly with a few right moves.
Parsons/Dean.. just saying that right there is obtainable.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I don’t cry about losses I’m prepared for them and expect them. Even before free agency starts and the draft my expectations aren’t very high for next season. I think the 2022 season will be a struggle.

seems like every time we expect a struggle we have a good season. Every time the we expect good things 2020 happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh Im hearing you, this 2022 season will be a fade, but as an honest fan I would love to give Quinn some more ammunition and build around a young talent laden defense that could become relevant quickly with a few right moves.
Parsons/Dean.. just saying that right there is obtainable.

Quinn is going to have his work cut out for him if we move on from DLaw, LVE and possibly Gregory. We’re likely to lose at least two of those players. We’re not likely to get better if that happens. We may be forced to move Parsons to full-time edge rusher which will limit him. His versatility and sideline to sideline playmaking ability is what makes him special. Being able to line him up in different areas makes game planning him a real challenge. Our pass rush isn’t that great as it is, it could take a real hit in the coming weeks. LB could also become an issue.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
seems like every time we expect a struggle we have a good season. Every time the we expect good things 2020 happens.

True, but every time we have a playoff season we fall back the next season. The Cowboys haven’t made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since 06 and 07.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
True, but every time we have a playoff season we fall back the next season. The Cowboys haven’t made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since 06 and 07.

True……

Jfconrow

Reaction score
How about you just teach him the playbook and play him as a Jordy Nelson/ Jimmy graham type WR….he’ll be a good blocking WR too but I don’t know if I see him as a Vernon Davis. Give him a chance, if Dak throws him the ball I’m sure he can catch it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How about you just teach him the playbook and play him as a Jordy Nelson/ Jimmy graham type WR….he’ll be a good blocking WR too but I don’t know if I see him as a Vernon Davis. Give him a chance, if Dak throws him the ball I’m sure he can catch it.
Have you played catch with Dak before?
Just asking for a friend..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Darren Waller was a WR that never saw the field until he moved to TE.
Just a 6th round pick that Darren Waller just finding ways to exploit, and its no knock on DW at all to also include an educated OC that recognized a mismatch.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
move conner williams over to te or one of the other backup offensive linemen. jerry the genius can do it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
i'm not talking about Simi being a top 3, ..what i'm saying is the value of continuing late round WR projects with the emphasis of continuing development of them ..whether they work out or not.
And again while people want to point to 4.3 speed, its' one thing to put on shorts and run a str8 line for a great 40 time ... it's another to be able to translate that 40 time on the playing field.

Now Simi is gonna have to be taught and learn TE routes, ..TE blocking (good luck we've had there) ..footwork and fluidity still is gonna be an issue Now he's gonna have to prove he can
gain a knack and feel for the TE position. .. We'll just have to see.

But to hear him being moved to TE, .. now i know he's far more a raw project than I ever thought ... funny how at draft time, McClay was gloating we managed to pick him ahead of
other NFL teams.

Being drafted in the later rounds, Simi was always seen as a development project. Not sure it matters where he's developed. Consider the bust rate for late-round draft picks, whatever it takes to get try to get value out of them is OK with me. I think fans get caught up too much in the late-round finds when most late-rounders turn out to be nothing more than down-roster contributors at best. We want at least a Cedrick Wilson or Noah Brown, but you draft a lot of Devin Streets or Danny Coales looking for those types or better.