News: Simi Fehoko Is Potentially Our New TE

Jarntt

Reaction score
people will twist anything into good news. I'd rather hear we think he has a shot to play a couple snaps at WR at some point!!!

Mostly kidding, but he is not the type of WR that I look at and think he is a potential TE. Honestly, I never understood some of the out of control Fehoko hype after the draft. He was always a JAG until we see otherwise. Nothing in preseason impressed me either. But, let's hope he turns into a player. We all know you can't judge a guy after one year.

I guess on the positive side he can't be a worse blocker than Jarwin or Schultz...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
- If Simi now considered a project for TE ,.. then i considered that whole WR project a failed experiment.
And then now questioned why he was literally carried on the 53 roster the entire year,.. instead of the Practice Squad.

- My hope is that they'd get him with a WR guru coach in the offseason and extensively work with him with agility drills, techniques - per footwork, hip-shoulder movements, working on
bent- stances, and foot placement etc. whereas he can be more explosive coming off the line and in press jam situations.
he's doesn't seem like the most fluid and explosive coming in and out of breaks. basically too much of a str8 liner.

- But the offseason with extensive time is the perfect time to work with him on those flaws.

- Even as a project TE, it's gonna be the same difficult task of getting him off the line and coming in and out of breaks -cuts ...
And what does that say if we have given up on him that quickly after one year .. ??

:oops:

I don't think it is necessarily giving up on him. You take players who have talent and use them however you think is best for their abilities. There have been successful conversions of linebackers to fullbacks, tight ends to offensive linemen, running backs to defensive backs and yes, wide receivers to tight ends. Granted, it's a long shot, but if you don't really see him challenging for more than a fourth receiver role and think he might could turn into at least a No. 2 tight end, then why not try? Might have been a move we should have tried with Noah Brown.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't think it is necessarily giving up on him. You take players who have talent and use them however you think is best for their abilities. There have been successful conversions of linebackers to fullbacks, tight ends to offensive linemen, running backs to defensive backs and yes, wide receivers to tight ends. Granted, it's a long shot, but if you don't really see him challenging for more than a fourth receiver role and think he might could turn into at least a No. 2 tight end, then why not try? Might have been a move we should have tried with Noah Brown.

But do we know what's gonna become of the depth of our WR unit ? Cooper could leave... ditto Gallup and Wilson ... thats why you're drafting the late round guys like Ceddy Wilson
with hoping of developing into a bigger role down the road.

It took years and finally fortunate durability but we've seen the work put in for Wilson that helped us big time while Gallup was out
during reg season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But do we know what's gonna become of the depth of our WR unit ? Cooper could leave... ditto Gallup and Wilson ... thats why you're drafting the late round guys like Ceddy Wilson
with hoping of developing into a bigger role down the road.

It took years and finally fortunate durability but we've seen the work put in for Wilson that helped us big time while Gallup was out
during reg season.

I doubt after last preseason that we see Fehoko as one of our top three. He looked like he had a long way to go as a receiver. If he can put on the weight successfully, his speed at tight end could help him get the separation against linebackers and safeties that he can't get against corners. It's doubtful that he would become a technician like a Witten at the position, but he can have success with speed because the position allows that to be a mismatch.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Straight line speed, not shifty or quick cutting, thats why he couldnt get on field as a WR.
This is where Moore makes it or breaks it.
He has to develop the young prospects, because its going to be essential.
I have more faith in Quinn on the other side and would rather give him more recourses in 2022.

quickccc

Reaction score
I doubt after last preseason that we see Fehoko as one of our top three. He looked like he had a long way to go as a receiver. If he can put on the weight successfully, his speed at tight end could help him get the separation against linebackers and safeties that he can't get against corners. It's doubtful that he would become a technician like a Witten at the position, but he can have success with speed because the position allows that to be a mismatch.

i'm not talking about Simi being a top 3, ..what i'm saying is the value of continuing late round WR projects with the emphasis of continuing development of them ..whether they work out or not.
And again while people want to point to 4.3 speed, its' one thing to put on shorts and run a str8 line for a great 40 time ... it's another to be able to translate that 40 time on the playing field.

Now Simi is gonna have to be taught and learn TE routes, ..TE blocking (good luck we've had there) ..footwork and fluidity still is gonna be an issue Now he's gonna have to prove he can
gain a knack and feel for the TE position. .. We'll just have to see.

But to hear him being moved to TE, .. now i know he's far more a raw project than I ever thought ... funny how at draft time, McClay was gloating we managed to pick him ahead of
other NFL teams.

quickccc

Reaction score
This is where Moore makes it or breaks it.
He has to develop the young prospects, because its going to be essential.
I have more faith in Quinn on the other side and would rather give him more recourses in 2022.

You mean like CB/S Reggie Robinson .. a former 4th round pick ..?? :(.....

Einstein

Reaction score
Worthless pick that took a roster spot all season, but was only active when we ran out of players due to rona

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That will be wasted space for the kid being Jarwin & Sean McKeon are in front of him. Dallas had just signed Jarwin to a three-year extension worth just above $8 million annually.
Worthless pick that took a roster spot all season, but was only active when we ran out of players due to rona
:hammer:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fehoko would be an instant downgrade at TE he’s a project. Good luck counting on him to move the chains in a critical third down situation. Dalton Schultz may have been a liability as a blocker but he has developed into a very good receiving TE. He would be a big loss in my opinion.

Loso86

Reaction score
I think that was official time
That’s fast for a guy his size
If he could put on 20 lbs and still be that fast he could be a weapon
If he can learn to block would make him much more of a weapon
The thing about blocking on the edge is it doesn’t have to be a pancake block, just impede the guy from getting to the runner
That all sounds good, but adding 20 pounds then playing with your hand in the dirt and being a blocker is asking alot....most TE who are actual TEs can't block

fivetwos

Reaction score
I told you when he was drafted that he couldn't separate in the NFL. If he looked really good to you you probably don't know what you're talking about.
Many had embellished self proclaimed 40 numbers during spring 2020, but this one was absurd.

Someone around here was grilling me for not buying it after that draft.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, why draft him and change course so quickly on him instead of developing him as a WR...? If he's not a good player just cut him and move on.
My guess is they are probably trying to salvage him as opposed to just moving on. Probably only a small chance it works, but they probably want to see what he has there before getting rid of him