Twitter: Since 2017, Dak is 5-9 vs winning teams

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ve been criticizing Garrett since 2008. There were VERY FEW people on this forum that attacked Garrett, blaming everybody else including Romo. I’m pretty sure many of the Romo critics that love Dak are now trying to leverage the Garrett excuse for their boy..

The reality is Garrett was neutered in 2014 and Jerry said Garrett isn’t touching the offense.

Most of Jerry’s comments around coordinators has its origins specifically in this. When Dallas won in 2016, that basically was Jerry’s way of justifying Garrett, that as long as we have coordinators around Garrett limiting his role, they can retain his ‘adopted son’ as HC.

Dallas handling of Dak is absolutely on no way like they did Romo, number 1 because Garrett was already relegated to a walk around HC. From the very beginning, they adjusted the offense for Dak and have done everything possible to make it Dak friendly, including establishing a significant run game. With Romo on the other hand, they were using him mask the incompetence here.

we could have very well threatened for a SB with Wade, if we were straddled with Garrett as a play-caller. Now Garrett isn’t even a play caller.

I hear a lot of what you’re saying.

Again, I’m not saying Dak doesn’t need tonplay better. He does actually.

But I do think it’s very wrong to say QB play alone is holding this team back. The coaching and defense HAS NOT been good enough for years. YEARS.

Brax

Reaction score
Its a stupid point

Those qbs are bums outside of Brees, Luck, and Ryan

Brees is a top 5-10 all time QB with a SB MVP

Luck was massively overrated but at least got his team to a Championship game

Ryan is massively overrated too but won an MVP, been to two Championship games, and a SB

They have at least been able to win multiple games in the playoffs against winning teams. When has Dakota done that???
But he's just like Brady ,mayyyyybe even better!!!!!!!!!!! so say's Jerry

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Do you even watch other QBs play? It's not like Dak is the only one that throws a pass behind a receiver. He hits his receiver in stride more times than not. Not every single pass is going to be perfect, for any QB including Mahomes. That pass was very catchable and is 100 percent on Cooper.

None of our guys are possession WR. Gallup is part of the B team right now and could develop into one. It was catchable but we also have to take a look at using the personnel correct. Cooper is a route runner that wins on moves to get open, throw it to his body or in front of him, he for sure isn’t a Julio Jones.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The drop didn't change the complexion of the game. It's a play you see in football all the time, WRs dropping balls.

A good team, a great QB, a good defense overcomes that. Not turtle up and get steamrolled right from there.

The only person reaching here is you, trying to come up with rationalizations, excuses, etc.
Simplifying that as a "drop" and ignoring the 30-something yard return, opposing field position, and the fact that it effectively took a TD off the board is ridiculous. Not all drops are created equal.

I JUST SAID THEY SHOULD OVERCOME IT.

The team played bad. Dak was part of it, but he wasn't the reason for the loss. I'm not saying anything beyond that, stop making stuff up.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Do you even watch other QBs play? It's not like Dak is the only one that throws a pass behind a receiver. He hits his receiver in stride more times than not. Not every single pass is going to be perfect, for any QB including Mahomes. That pass was very catchable and is 100 percent on Cooper.

LOL and yet, I can point to multiple plays just this season of him throwing a pass behind a player. He had a couple in the Dolphins game. He had 2 in the Commanders game, one that resulted in an INT, he had one against the Saints that caused us to have to punt, and then yesterday against the Packers which killed our momentum.

Your exact quote was that it was 100% on Cooper - I don't care how much more you put on Cooper, just ADMITTING Dak threw behind Cooper puts some blame on Dak. I will repeat: If Dak hits Cooper in stride, even if it's a drop, it hits the ground and doesn't go into the arms of a the defender that Cooper beat on the play.

They both sucked on this play. I don't care if you think Cooper sucked more, I care that you are trying to absolve Prescott because you refuse to ever give him a criticism. You're an adult, put the bias aside and start acting like one. It's not like he's going to come to this forum and thank you for your service, so what is the point with the blind loyalty?

Sydla

Reaction score
Simplifying that as a "drop" and ignoring the 30-something yard return, opposing field position, and the fact that it effectively took a TD off the board is ridiculous. Not all drops are created equal.

I JUST SAID THEY SHOULD OVERCOME IT.

The team played bad. Dak was part of it, but he wasn't the reason for the loss. I'm not saying anything beyond that, stop making stuff up.

But you are saying more. You are basically saying Dak wasn't great BUT................ and then list things like how most of the interceptions weren't his fault, the drop totally turned the game against the Cowboys, etc.

If you weren't "saying anything beyond that" then you wouldn't have listed all the excuses you did. Instead you would have just said we stunk yesterday, we didn't get good QB play and the defense was shredded.

That's the most honest and fair assessment of the game.

khiladi

Reaction score
I hear a lot of what you’re saying.

Again, I’m not saying Dak doesn’t need tonplay better. He does actually.

But I do think it’s very wrong to say QB play alone is holding this team back. The coaching and defense HAS NOT been good enough for years. YEARS.

i don’t think it is the only thing, I do think it is the biggest factor. The influence of a legit QB can minimize these weaknesses to a significant degree as opposed to any other route. We are good enough all around where a good passing QB can take us over the hump IMO.

Getting Garrett out is huge now, because it signifies a complete break with the culture that has permeated this organization for years. A new HC would mean Dallas isn’t tied into one brand for over a decade plus.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
But you are saying more. You are basically saying Dak wasn't great BUT................ and then list things like how most of the interceptions weren't his fault, the drop totally turned the game against the Cowboys, etc.

If you weren't "saying anything beyond that" then you wouldn't have listed all the excuses you did. Instead you would have just said we stunk yesterday, we didn't get good QB play and the defense was shredded.

That's the most honest and fair assessment of the game.
"all the excuses"

Total nonsense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Also “Clutch” Dak still hasn’t proven he can bring a team back in reality. He has only two games where he’s overcome a deficit of 10 points, masking at least two scores, and they all go back to his rookie year.

To his credit though, he does seem to keep himself looking downfield a lot more than last year without just staring or completely panicking. It wouldn’t be fair to say this Dak is like the last two years. He has improved, but it’s pretty much his ceiling IMO.

Ken

Reaction score
This itself is cherry picked from the first 5 games of a 16 game season. With 3 of the first 6 games coming against winless teams. Let’s see if Dak slobberers still have the same energy to post stats at the end of the season. I think we know what rock to find you under then.
Incorrect.

The Giants were winless when we played them because it was the first game of the year. They have since won 2 games. Try again.

Ken

Reaction score
You are just supporting my claim. I think Dak is still inconsistent when it comes to his performances against better teams.

I get it, you just don't like criticism or analysis of Dak that isn't blowing roses up his butt. But I think it's perfectly valid at this point to note that Dak has not performed well in his two games against playoff caliber teams this year and looked fantastic against some poor teams. He may come out and light the Eagles up in two weeks alleviating some concerns. Or he may not play well.

That's where I am at here. I honestly don't know what kind of play we will get out of him in big games.
I just outlined the play we will get. This isn't like some uncharted territory or something.

He threw for 463 yards yesterday against a team with a top 10 pass defense.

He was under duress the whole day and the Packers were PI'ing all day.

If that is a bad day, I will take it.

Ken

Reaction score
I said three of the first six. Learn to read better.
We have played 5 teams so far...not sure why you are already factoring in a team we haven't played yet?

Especially since the GREAT WENTZ threw for a lusty 189 against them last week.....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
What excuses? I said 1 INT was on him and the drop changed the complexion of the game.

It's all completely true, you, as usual, are making stuff up for the sake of arguing about it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I just outlined the play we will get. This isn't like some uncharted territory or something.

He threw for 463 yards yesterday against a team with a top 10 pass defense.

He was under duress the whole day and the Packers were PI'ing all day.

If that is a bad day, I will take it.

He did not play well yesterday.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Without a comparison of other QBs' records vs winning opponents, this stat is utterly meaningless and even intentionally misleading. I would venture a guess that almost all QBs would have a much lower winning % vs very good teams than they would across a population of all opponents (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. all included in that).

By virtue, teams with a winning record are good to very good. Expecting a team to maintain it's winning percentage vs these teams as opposed to the bad ones is simply unrealistic and irrelevant. OP is very confused, clearly, or intentionally misleading without proof that other QBs in the upper half of the league don't suffer a similar drop off vs quality opponents.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Without a comparison of other QBs records vs winning opponents, this stat is utterly meaningless and even intentionally misleading. I would venture a guess that almost all QBs would have a much lower winning % vs very good teams than they would across a population of all opponents (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. all included in that).

By virtue, team's with a winning record are good to very good. Expecting a team to maintain it's winning percentage vs these teams as opposed to the bad ones is simply unrealistic and irrelevant. OP is very confused, clearly, or intentionally misleading without proof that other QBs in the upper half of the league don't suffer a similar drop off vs quality opponents.

Brady has a very high winning % against good teams.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Brady has a very high winning % against good teams.

And his winning % against all teams is incredibly high as well (they're the greatest dynasty of all time). I assume there is a drop off vs the good opponents until proven otherwise. Also curious to see the drop off for other QBs in the top half. I'd bet anything it's uniform across the board. This isn't rocket science.