Twitter: Since 2017, Dak is 5-9 vs winning teams

Sydla

Reaction score
Just to address the first part of this post, Jason Garret said on the fan today, that the contact from King affected Gallup’s route and that Gallup was in the wrong spot because of the contact.

Dak threw that ball to the correct spot but the PI caused the route to get messed up and led to the Int.

Dak threw a few bad balls during the game last night. But I don’t think this Int was one of them.

Fair enough.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Your Dak-hometown makes you delusional. He was on Cooper the whole way and he basically was following him the whole time.
Wow. You will try to say anything. It's freaking clearly obvious he looked off to the right. Lmao..
Google delusional.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What games are you watching? Every QB has a throw or two like that.

Did you miss the play where A Rod underthrew his WR by 15 freaking yards (A. Brown PI)?

And yes, it is a pattern. And again, the specific play we are talking about is nitpicking. I'm not talking about "the pattern."

I've been super critical of Dak, but the people like you who go out of their way to bash him at every opportunity are ridiculous.
Calm down.

Of course no QB is perfect. Dak is off on those crossers more often than not. It doesn't get talked about when the receiver makes the catch but it does affect RAC and the potential of the play. Pointing at further examples of an established pattern is not nitpicking. Writing them off as nitpicking is excuse making and a loser mentality.

Trust me, nobody has to go out of their way to find a reason to criticize our average QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow. You will try to say anything. It's freaking clearly obvious he looked off to the right. Lmao..
Google delusional.

Wrong.. Dak was following Cooper the whole way, even before his break inside.. and he saw Cooper spin while he was FADING TO HIS LEFT outside the pocket. He was staring at Cooper the whole time and if Cooper didn’t break that route on SINGLE man coverage with no help over the top, Dak is getting blasted from his right.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wrong.. Dak was following Cooper the whole way, even before his break inside.. and he saw Cooper spin while he was FADING TO HIS LEFT outside the pocket.
You're blind as a bat. Maybe worse. It's kind of sad actually.

khiladi

Reaction score
You're blind as a bat. Maybe worse. It's kind of sad actually.

The fact your sitting here trying to argue this was some sort of progression route and Dak wasn’t starting down Cooper the whole time is hilarious. But it’s OK... anything to try and salvage Dak..

Cooper shook his DB and got wide open on his own while Dak was watching..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The fact your sitting here trying to argue this was some sort of progression route and Dak wasn’t starting down Cooper the whole time is hilarious.
The video that YOU provided shows Prescott eyeing Cooper to the left, then he looks off to the right and then back to Cooper.
It was NOT the "whole time."

What an idiotic thing to even argue.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if Amari didn't drop that ball and scored the touchdown?

The Dak hate after that game is astronomically stupid. He wasn't great, but you can only blame 1 INT on him. Like Tony, he's playing on a team that actively hurts his chances.
The BALL was underthrown open your eyes! If Dak is on target with that pass TD.....and we get the momentum and it's a different ballgame.
Yes, Scotty, it is a game of inches sometimes.....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The BALL was underthrown open your eyes! If Dak is on target with that pass TD.....and we get the momentum and it's a different ballgame.
Yes, Scotty, it is a game of inches sometimes.....
The ball can be underthrown and the drop still be the worse of two evils.

I mean, are you saying it's not a drop? NFL WRs need to catch that ball.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Calm down.

Of course no QB is perfect. Dak is off on those crossers more often than not. It doesn't get talked about when the receiver makes the catch but it does affect RAC and the potential of the play. Pointing at further examples of an established pattern is not nitpicking. Writing them off as nitpicking is excuse making and a loser mentality.

Trust me, nobody has to go out of their way to find a reason to criticize our average QB.
Nonsense. Not relative to the rest of the league, he's not.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Y’all realize Aaron Rodgers is 17-26-1 vs winning teams since 2012, should they have not paid him? Do some research, most qb’s record vs winning teams isn’t good, from my memory Brady is one of the few active qb’s with a good record vs winning teams.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It should have been a penalty on King but we don't know where that pass would have landed if King hadn't roughed him up.

I mean you are literally proving my point here.......... you want to absolve Dak of that interception because of a non penalty but we should then be able to point out his got a massive gift when he threw a horrendous pass to Cooper in the end zone that he got a gift penalty on when Smith put his hands on Fleming's facemask, which had zero to do with the outcome of the play.

Dak was not good enough to win yesterday. He was average, at best. No, he's not the sole or only or biggest reason we lost (run D was), but he was a factor. It's bizarre that you guys really struggle to admit when Dak hasn't played well.
"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY" That does absolve it, because it throws off the timing. We know where the ball went, and if there is timing, the WR takes another step back towards the QB and it hits him in the chest. We know this, because that's how NFL routes work.

You want to blame Dak for...INTs that didn't actually happen.

Who are you guys? I've been a critic of Dak forever. Average play was good enough to win that game, and that's what he was.

khiladi

Reaction score
The video that YOU provided shows Prescott eyeing Cooper to the left, then he looks off to the right and then back to Cooper.
It was NOT the "whole time."

What an idiotic thing to even argue.

you mean Cooper breaks IN RIGHT and Dak’s eyes follow him, but then he breaks his route and goes upward and Dak follows him?

what is idiotic is use trying the argue that GB had Cooper in man and Dak was basically staring at Cooper the whole time from the get go, because you know, anything to salvage Dak..

But OK..

shabazz

Reaction score
This is true.

I think at this point, the Cowboys would be wise to let the season play out and then make a determination on Dak.

Im fine with that. If Dak can rise to the occasion and finish strong against Real teams I dont see any issue with signing but if he continues to struggle against teams not named the Dolphins, Commanders and Giants.......well theres always that Yogurt and Chunky Beef Soup commercial money to fall back on

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So does Dak get credit for wins, get blame for losses, or both?

It appears to depend upon who you ask.
The win/loss argument tactic is blowing up in the present after being detonated way too often in the past. It is beyond idiotic beating down Quarterback A for over a decade with a team stat, have some people repeatedly state over and over on a nearly daily basis:

"You should not use a team stat solely for determining a quarterback's abilities"

...and then be completely dumbfounded Quarterback B is not immune from the exact same illogically constructed criticism.

This is karma, pure and simple.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
you mean Cooper breaks IN RIGHT and Dak’s eyes follow him, but then he breaks his route and goes upward and Dak follows him?

what is idiotic is use trying the argue that GB had Cooper in man and Dak was basically staring at Cooper the whole time from the get go. But OK..
:facepalm: