Since many of us like Hypotheticals

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have no need for superstition, but I think they should incorporate black uniforms.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Cowboys rarely wore blue uniforms in their first 20 years, I believe their record was below .500 during that time. with the blues

Back in the 70s the Cowboys were so good that if they lost their had to be a reason why...officials, injuries, weather, grass field and the NEW one was the blue uniform. So its something that stuck, in the playoffs I believe they were 1 and 4 in the blues, with the losses to the Browns, Colts, Eagles and Commanders.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trying to figure out where the blue jersey curse got started. It may have gotten started with our loss to the Colts in Super Bow V. I believe the following few seasons the Cowboys lost some games in their blue jerseys and people started thinking they were a jinx. In the 1980 NFC title game Philly made us wear our blue jerseys. They normally wore their green jerseys at home but wore white for that game. It got a big laugh in Philly after they beat us. Other teams followed suit.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope! Zuerlein would have still missed all three 3 pointers & the ref would have still sided w/Brady by not calling a PI. Oh, and Lamb would still have dropped crucial first down balls. So there lol.
That's a girl's POV! Lol just kidding!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some still think the blue jerseys are a curse. The Cowboys have lost far more big games in their white jerseys than in their blue jerseys. Two of their three Super Bowl losses were in their white jerseys. Their most heartbreaking conference title game loss in 1981 was in their white jerseys. The team went one and done in the playoffs after being the number one seed in 2007 wearing their white jerseys. They went one and done again after being the number one seed in 2016 wearing their white jerseys. Go count up all the playoff and championship game losses they’ve had wearing their white jerseys.
Wow....good research for responding to a joke.....

mrmojo

Reaction score
We won an NFC title game against the Rams wearing our blue jerseys during the 1978 season. Check out the video. Jackie Smith dropped a TD pass in the Super Bowl wearing our white jerseys.

Love the commentary, not over the top, just smooth.....Pat and Tom..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Good luck trying to figure out who’s joking or being sarcastic on this board. lol

Not me, I totally respect your contributions on the history of the Cowboys, always have.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve been following the team since 1972. However, I do google some things to make sure I have my facts straight. :thumbup:
72? Damn, I always pictured you as a 30 year old male model!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very hurtful Coach
At least I didn't say "and some of the coaches too".

I don't recall when that first surfaced but it sounds like exactly something George Allen would have come up with to mess with Landry. It used to piss me off but now it makes me laugh at him licking and clapping his hands and smiling over at Tom doing everything he could to get inside that stoic stature. I am surprised Allen never had a hand buzzer when shaking hands after the game with Landry. LOL, I think Landry always checked to see if his wrist watch was still there.

Last edited:

mrmojo

Reaction score
They were my favorite broadcasting team before Madden joined Summerall. Pat and Tom bring back my earliest memories of watching Cowboys football.
Don Criqui was another favorite as well as Lyndsey Nelson....hearing their voices made the start of Fall and football season official..