CFZ Since We Insist on Keeping Bums, Prescott Needs a Better QB Coach

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Me thinks Mr. Prescott needs more than just a QB coach.....maybe a witch doctor, or an exorcist....to get rid of all those ghosts he sees on the field.

Dak's problem is from the neck up.

Against the NFC East, Dak is 16-2.

Against teams with a winning record (aka .500 or better), he's 8-17.

So, chances of him winning four in a row in the playoffs is . . . . low.

His TD to interception ratio against teams under .500 is 52 to 9. Great stats.

But, his TD to interception ratio against a team with .500 or better record is 41-24.

The criticism is fair.

Romo, on the other hand, won 53% of his games against winning teams. Not only that, Romo never had the roster Dak has.. even now.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
But I don't think he can do it in the Cowboys environment, like Aikman did.
I feel bad for Romo, and Dak, because they just never had the kind of coaching other guys who had less talent had and still won the Super Bowl.
And Dak's mentality. Sure, he competes. But he's not obsessed with winning, like Brady, for example.
My dear, Brady couldn't do it with Dallas either. Aikman had the best defensive/offensive line & head coach. He was hardly flushed out of the pocket. He had all day to toss.

Dak still has a chance being he doesn't have that garbage coaching staff with Garrett at the helms. The man brought us many 8-8 seasons due to his conservative play format. We have a decent quarterback. Moore needs to learn how to utilize his game plays.

You just don't call a quarterback draw with seconds remaining while the opponent is playing sideline defense. You have your quarterback toss to the endzone. I loathe Moore. He's been exposed several times last season. And it was the icing on the cake vs San Fran!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dak will never be Mahomes but he is good enough. You can complain about the contract but already that looks better given the crazy contracts QBs are signing. What Dak needs is good OL play and much better play calling. Moore sucks. Hopefully McCarthy is more involved with play calling. The OL has been very inconsistent.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

But, his TD to interception ratio against a team with .500 or better record is 41-24.

The criticism is fair.

Romo, on the other hand, won 53% of his games against winning teams. Not only that, Romo never had the roster Dak has.. even now.
The 2007 Cowboys were the best team they have had in the last 2 decades. Romo chose to hang out in Mexico during the week off.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak will never be Mahomes but he is good enough. You can complain about the contract but already that looks better given the crazy contracts QBs are signing. What Dak needs is good OL play and much better play calling. Moore sucks. Hopefully McCarthy is more involved with play calling. The OL has been very inconsistent.
I certainly hope not. Mahomes performance in his last SB was more embarrassing than Moore's playbook using a quarterback draw with seconds left on the clock vs San Fran. If only Dak had a great HC as Reid.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The 2007 Cowboys were the best team they have had in the last 2 decades. Romo chose to hang out in Mexico during the week off.
Maybe the most explosive on offense but not necessarily as offensively balanced as the 2014 team. Both defenses were middle of the pack — average. Who can forget Reeves being abused and giving up a TD in 40 seconds from the opposing team’s 20 at the end of the half in the 2007 divisional round game? With the great D-coordinator Wade Phillips coaching. If that doesn’t happen, the team likely wins. And Romo going to Cabo had next to nothing to do with that loss. Just more media driven tripe. At least that team lost to the eventual SB champions that similarly shutdown an undefeated Patriots team in the SB with one of the most profiling offenses ever. BB was out-BBed that game.

Last edited:

egn22

Reaction score
I keep hearing a handful of couch coaches call Dak a bum... but none of them can ever answer the question as to why Dak is only one of 5 quarterbacks out of thousands who have put up the numbers he has in his first 5 years?? Only 5 quarterbacks out of thousands in a 100 year NFL history and he's one of them. How can a bum do that??

How can a bum have the winning percentage he has?? Why haven't more bums accomplished these small milestones???

There have been other bum qbs over the 100 year NFL seasons correct? So why is he the only bum to join four other solid quarterbacks in NFL history? Oh wait, he's also ranked in the top 10 of the current NFL starters according to a few publications. Why aren't more bums ranked in the top 10??

Please explain this to me...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!! And it’s only scratching the surface of everything Dak has brought to this organization, despite the organization failing him with poor choices on coaching personnel, by poor choices in free agency as well as contract negotiations.
I’m convinced that some fans are simply so bought in on the “Dak sucks” mantra, that they lack the emotional fortitude to recognize how fortunate we are to have him under center. Facts over feelings

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The criticism is fair.

The 2014 team was a good roster. Losing to green bay....totally not his fault and a great example of why "Tony" didn't have the success he worked so hard for.

But he gets the blame from ah fans. Then they give Dak total free pass. It's maddening.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please elaborate or shall I say be a man and say what you mean. Being cryptic is for pansies. You a pansy?
I said what I mean. No reason to elaborate any further. Read your comment I quoted then read mine. It should be very simple, even if you can't do 2+2.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I said what I mean. No reason to elaborate any further. Read your comment I quoted then read mine. It should be very simple, even if you can't do 2+2.

So you are a Romo apologist. I get it. Guy was a UFA. The week before the biggest game of his career he goes to Mexico to booze it up. That’s a fact and said it all about Romo. I liked the guy as a player but he was not a winner. Now go hug your #9 jersey.

GINeric

Reaction score
I LOVE THIS POST!!!! And it’s only scratching the surface of everything Dak has brought to this organization, despite the organization failing him with poor choices on coaching personnel, by poor choices in free agency as well as contract negotiations.
I’m convinced that some fans are simply so bought in on the “Dak sucks” mantra, that they lack the emotional fortitude to recognize how fortunate we are to have him under center. Facts over feelings

Well said!! It's so hilarious that the same cowards who call Dak a bum and says Dak sucks, are the same cowards who can't logically explain how a "bum" or someone who "sucks" can do what he's been able to do statistically and things that only 4 other quarterbacks in 100 years were able to do.

I'm still waiting for a well thought out, logical explanation from those haters why this is possible. (crickets)

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Well said!! It's so hilarious that the same cowards who call Dak a bum and says Dak sucks, are the same cowards who can't logically explain how a "bum" or someone who "sucks" can do what he's been able to do statistically and things that only 4 other quarterbacks in 100 years were able to do.

I'm still waiting for a well thought out, logical explanation from those haters why this is possible. (crickets)

Waiting on the sidelines, apparently.