CFZ Since We Insist on Keeping Bums, Prescott Needs a Better QB Coach

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never said otherwise. Not sure what you are objecting to.
All this time i am asking for proof "tony had no interest".
People keep not providing proof....or arguing stuff i never said. Its so odd.

You seem to be looking for an argument. How many starting QBs in the NFL are going to have interest helping a young QB take their job? I saw an interview with Joe Montana saying he helped Steve Young but he didn’t go out of his way to do it. I saw an interview with Brett Favre saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. He said he helped Aaron Rodgers when he came to him for help but he didn’t go out of his way to help him. Would you go out of your way to help someone take your job? I’ve seen a lot of interviews with former NFL QBs talking about this topic. It’s pretty obvious what their mindset is.

Hadenough

Reaction score
How about David Carr at least he could set up more carnival games for Dak to improve his skills.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to be looking for an argument. How many starting QBs in the NFL are going to have interest helping a young QB take their job? I saw an interview with Joe Montana saying he helped Steve Young but he didn’t go out of his way to do it. I saw an interview with Brett Favre saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. He said he helped Aaron Rodgers when he came to him for help but he didn’t go out of his way to help him. Would you go out of your way to help someone take your job? I’ve seen a lot of interviews with former NFL QBs talking about this topic. It’s pretty obvious what their mindset is.

That is all your opinion and I have no problem with it. I don't agree, as I have my own opinion.
I am not "looking for an argument". I am simply asking for a source of the statement. How is that "arguing"?

Now people disparaging me, ridiculing me for it...are looking for an argument. IN the amount of time they've made 5 replies, they could have posted a source for their comment. Five times over. Clearly...it's not about the time it takes. Here we sit several pages later.

Or how about this....say "just my opinion". I can;t argue with that. I'm not looking for arguments. Looking for their source. So we can look at the same thing and talk about it.

But because they didn't see Tony "in dak's ear" on game day TV coverage, it's proof "he had no interest in helping"?

It's a ridiculous statement, but if there is some source....NOT some dude watching TV. Fine.

It's typically the "job" of the person making a claim to show the source. Also civilized. It's pretty clear they don;t have a source and should just say that instead of arguing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is all your opinion and I have no problem with it. I don't agree, as I have my own opinion.
I am not "looking for an argument". I am simply asking for a source of the statement. How is that "arguing"?

Now people disparaging me, ridiculing me for it...are looking for an argument. IN the amount of time they've made 5 replies, they could have posted a source for their comment. Five times over. Clearly...it's not about the time it takes. Here we sit several pages later.

Or how about this....say "just my opinion". I can;t argue with that. I'm not looking for arguments. Looking for their source. So we can look at the same thing and talk about it.

But because they didn't see Tony "in dak's ear" on game day TV coverage, it's proof "he had no interest in helping"?

It's a ridiculous statement, but if there is some source....NOT some dude watching TV. Fine.

It's typically the "job" of the person making a claim to show the source. Also civilized. It's pretty clear they don;t have a source and should just say that instead of arguing.

Didn’t even bother to read that. You’re just wasting time. I’m not about to spend all day on this I proved my point.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Is it me?

Or did Dakota P. seem to show the most promise as a player when Romo was in his ear a lot?

Nussmeier has the experience for a job like this. But I think Dakota would just play better if he had a QB coach who had real NFL experience.

I'm certain Romo could do the job better than almost anyone. And as classy as he was, he never seemed to feel threatened by Prescott. He was actually trying to help him win the best he could, even though he wasn't behind center. And Dakota responded well to Romo's advice, I think particularly because he knew Romo was a legit QB trying to help him bring his skill level up NFL speed.

The main thing I see with Dak is, his lack of urgency.

I actually went back to watch Brady's first Super Bowl win last night.

It wasn't pretty.

It was your typical bus driver performance.

In fact, it was pretty awful. Brady is playing better at 44 than he was at 24.. In any case, in that first Super Bowl, you can tell Brady had his head in the game. You can see he wants to win it. And you can see he's focused on trying to give his team the best chance to win.. Not force anything stupid, etc .

Kurt Warner, on the other hand, forced something stupid four separate times, and it cost him twice.

Had he eliminated just one of those, the Rams win.

In any case, I'm fine with the coaching staff from a football standpoint. But they are lacking a bit in other areas like psychology, and anthropology (Belichick is a great anthropologist), and they need a QB coach who brings the best out of Dakota P. and coaches him up enough to take the risks needed to win without throwing the game being stupid ala Kurt Warner.

Using Brady as an extreme metric or comparison for Dakota P at least allows us to see how even the best quarterbacks in the game are really just bus driving bums after all.

So, it's a mindset that our team doesn't have.

You can see the mindset and cohesiveness the Patriots have as a team in that game and that kind of has little to do with the players and very much the coaches.

They surely didn't win that game from what Brady did.

It was more about what Brady didn't do.

So if we're keeping king bum beater, at least bring him a decent QB coach because chances are we'll have to face some elite QBs along the way.

And maybe our defense can bail out Dakota like the defense bailed out Brady in his first Super Bowl win, and prove all the haters wrong.

I think there's a small chance that can happen, even with the average QB play we're currently getting from Dakota, but he has to have the right coaches around him.
Id be more inclined to bring John Kitna back as his QB coach. That was when I saw Dak lose the mental block and just huck the ball. Which Id prefer over this version. Thats the version weeks 1-7

Mannix

Reaction score
you have a Noah fixation.

More like a fixation with Booger and Chuckles inability to ever let go of someone they found....even if they suck....like Noah.....or someone who has totally lost all ability....like Jaylon and LVE. Said the same thing years ago about Miles Austin, who managed to stick around 3 years too long. Winning big by acquiring big name FA's robs Booger of the ability to stand tall, fold his arms, cock his head back, and give everyone a big ol' Barney Fife cocky sneer.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's so absurd.

You apparently weren't watching those games back then.

And Google would be your friend right now.

Can you prove Romo didn't talk to Dak?

Exactly.

His name had slipped my mind.

Kitna would be a good fit.
Its obvious none of these guys have any proof at all.
They've spent pages and pages of "i said so", "its obvious", or arguing bs i never said.
Not one shred of honest proof "to y had no interest" in helping dak.
What we do have is dsk saying tony helped...but we shant let facts get in the way of hate agenda.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scott Linehan was the Dak whisperer. Unfortunately Scott couldn't stick to that offense and began trying to make Dak a pocket guy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it me?

Or did Dakota P. seem to show the most promise as a player when Romo was in his ear a lot?

Nussmeier has the experience for a job like this. But I think Dakota would just play better if he had a QB coach who had real NFL experience.

I'm certain Romo could do the job better than almost anyone. And as classy as he was, he never seemed to feel threatened by Prescott. He was actually trying to help him win the best he could, even though he wasn't behind center. And Dakota responded well to Romo's advice, I think particularly because he knew Romo was a legit QB trying to help him bring his skill level up NFL speed.

It wasn't pretty.

In fact, it was pretty awful. Brady is playing better at 44 than he was at 24.. In any case, in that first Super Bowl, you can tell Brady had his head in the game. You can see he wants to win it. And you can see he's focused on trying to give his team the best chance to win.. Not force anything stupid, etc .

Kurt Warner, on the other hand, forced something stupid four separate times, and it cost him twice.

In any case, I'm fine with the coaching staff from a football standpoint. But they are lacking a bit in other areas like psychology, and anthropology (Belichick is a great anthropologist), and they need a QB coach who brings the best out of Dakota P. and coaches him up enough to take the risks needed to win without throwing the game being stupid ala Kurt Warner.

Using Brady as an extreme metric or comparison for Dakota P at least allows us to see how even the best quarterbacks in the game are really just bus driving bums after all.

You can see the mindset and cohesiveness the Patriots have as a team in that game and that kind of has little to do with the players and very much the coaches.

So if we're keeping king bum beater, at least bring him a decent QB coach because chances are we'll have to face some elite QBs along the way.

And maybe our defense can bail out Dakota like the defense bailed out Brady in his first Super Bowl win, and prove all the haters wrong.

I think there's a small chance that can happen, even with the average QB play we're currently getting from Dakota, but he has to have the right coaches around him.
It's you.....Romo was never in his ear, Mark Sanchez was the one that mentored him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Multiple interviews during and after that time. It's been well documented that Sanchez was Daks sounding board not Romo.

If it really was Sanchez and not Romo, then no wonder Dak has not elevated his game going on 6 and coming up on 7 years. That Sanchez sure did a good job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is it me?

It wasn't pretty.

First half of the year Dak was playing his best ball of his career. In the MVP conversation.

What changed?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I keep hearing a handful of couch coaches call Dak a bum... but none of them can ever answer the question as to why Dak is only one of 5 quarterbacks out of thousands who have put up the numbers he has in his first 5 years?? Only 5 quarterbacks out of thousands in a 100 year NFL history and he's one of them. How can a bum do that??

How can a bum have the winning percentage he has?? Why haven't more bums accomplished these small milestones???

There have been other bum qbs over the 100 year NFL seasons correct? So why is he the only bum to join four other solid quarterbacks in NFL history? Oh wait, he's also ranked in the top 10 of the current NFL starters according to a few publications. Why aren't more bums ranked in the top 10??

Please explain this to me...

You dont have to respond to them. Since the day these clowns said Dak was backup material his first year they have been looking foolish.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it really was Sanchez and not Romo, then no wonder Dak has not elevated his game going on 6 and coming up on 7 years. That Sanchez sure did a good job.

Dak was kinda thrown to the wolves a bit and Sanchez was brought in to be the emergency. And it might have had to do with Romo's injury but it was Sanchez and Dak in meeting rooms, on the practice field, in the games looking at the surface pro play after play. That was under longtime coach wilson I think and now we have neusmeyer or whatever his name is. Can't remember if there was someone inbetween those 2 or not but maybe they need to shake things up in the offensive coaching staff.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak was kinda thrown to the wolves a bit and Sanchez was brought in to be the emergency. And it might have had to do with Romo's injury but it was Sanchez and Dak in meeting rooms, on the practice field, in the games looking at the surface pro play after play. That was under longtime coach wilson I think and now we have neusmeyer or whatever his name is. Can't remember if there was someone inbetween those 2 or not but maybe they need to shake things up in the offensive coaching staff.

Like I said, if Sanchez was doing the coaching that may be the reason Dak has not progressed after 6 freaking years.

I mean, I guess what you are trying to suggest is that Sanchez was a better QB than Romo. And, yes, I do recall Romo on the sidelines talking to Dak many times during games, not just Sanchez. Maybe they worked on the "butt fumble" from Sanchez when one of Daks linemen had to hold him up from behind.

Yeah, I get it, had it been Romo coaching Dak like you say he didn't then Dak would be even much worse than he already is. Stupid Romo.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Like I said, if Sanchez was doing the coaching that may be the reason Dak has not progressed after 6 freaking years.

I mean, I guess what you are trying to suggest is that Sanchez was a better QB than Romo. And, yes, I do recall Romo on the sidelines talking to Dak many times during games, not just Sanchez. Maybe they worked on the "butt fumble" from Sanchez when one of Daks linemen had to hold him up from behind.

Yeah, I get it, had it been Romo coaching Dak like you say if he didn't then Dak would be even much worse than he already is. Stupid Romo.
When?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
LOL....Romo haters everywhere.

You didn't SEE him "in his ear" therefor Romo didn't want to help anyone.

I saw him in his ear. And I saw Dak listening and smiling along with Romo.

So, this is just something made up in the minds of a few fans..

Others, are smart enough to go look back via the internet before they make such stupid claims.