CFZ Since We Insist on Keeping Bums, Prescott Needs a Better QB Coach

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like I said, if Sanchez was doing the coaching that may be the reason Dak has not progressed after 6 freaking years.

I mean, I guess what you are trying to suggest is that Sanchez was a better QB than Romo. And, yes, I do recall Romo on the sidelines talking to Dak many times during games, not just Sanchez. Maybe they worked on the "butt fumble" from Sanchez when one of Daks linemen had to hold him up from behind.

Yeah, I get it, had it been Romo coaching Dak like you say he didn't then Dak would be even much worse than he already is. Stupid Romo.

Not that he was a better QB than Romo. I liked Romo way more than Sanchez. It's just Romo and Kellen were hurt so the guy that spent all of his time with Dak was Sanchez. And Sanchez was learning the offense too, he also knew his role so no real competition.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I saw him in his ear. And I saw Dak listening and smiling along with Romo.

So, this is just something made up in the minds of a few fans..

Others, are smart enough to go look back via the internet before they make such stupid claims.

It's just something that the Dak groupies don't want to admit because they think that Dak is soooo much better than Romo ever was. Dak does no wrong, Romo does everything wrong.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not that he was a better QB than Romo. I liked Romo way more than Sanchez. It's just Romo and Kellen were hurt so the guy that spent all of his time with Dak was Sanchez. And Sanchez was learning the offense too, he also knew his role so no real competition.

But that was not all the time. It's not like the Cowboys put duct tape over Romo's mouth. What is ever funny to me is even Dak says Romo helped him but his fans just say that is Dak being the nice guy he is. Dak does no wrong, well, except wilt under pressure.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The Dak/Romo relationship was pretty adversarial, from Romo do you want to help the guy who replaced you, from Dak do you want to take advice from the guy you replaced?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Dak/Romo relationship was pretty adversarial, from Romo do you want to help the guy who replaced you, from Dak do you want to take advice from the guy you replaced?

Well, then Dak is a liar, right? So, when Dak says good things about his teammates he is just lying because he is such a nice guy? Come to think about it, Dak is a liar by convincing JJ that he is a caliber starting QB.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well, then Dak is a liar, right? So, when Dak says good things about his teammates he is just lying because he is such a nice guy? Come to think about it, Dak is a liar by convincing JJ that he is a caliber starting QB.
I am not saying he is lying, you are. But Romo can give advice Dak can choose not to take the advice but there has to be trust on both sides if there is mistrust on either side it will be an adversarial relationship no matter how amicable they make out it to be.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I am not saying he is lying, you are. But Romo can give advice Dak can choose not to take the advice but there has to be trust on both sides if there is mistrust on either side it will be an adversarial relationship no matter how amicable they make out it to be.

That is a fair statement, however, it's being made out to be that Romo never helped Dak out with his game, it was just Sanchez, and I'm sticking to that...screw Romo!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dallas has had poor QB coaches for a long time. I think Wilson may have had some input with Dak in 2016 but Wilson under Romo was useless. I have no clue what nuismeier does on the bench maybe tells jokes...

jrumann59

Reaction score
That is a fair statement, however, it's being made out to be that Romo never helped Dak out with his game, it was just Sanchez, and I'm sticking to that...screw Romo!

Now the inverse, if you were a rookie QB who got the job due to injury would you feel threatened by Mr. Butt-fumble giving you advice?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dallas has had poor QB coaches for a long time. I think Wilson may have had some input with Dak in 2016 but Wilson under Romo was useless. I have no clue what nuismeier does on the bench maybe tells jokes...

He has to tell jokes because JJ and his son has turned this team into a joke.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Now the inverse, if you were a rookie QB who got the job due to injury would you feel threatened by Mr. Butt-fumble giving you advice?

I don't know because I have never been in a situation like that, however, those touting Sanchez as being Daks mentor are actually throwing shade on Romo since they must think Sanchez was a better mentor than Romo. I know Dak need all the help he could get being a newcomer to the NFL...but his fans are touting Sanchez? Coo-coo!

morat1959

Reaction score
I keep hearing a handful of couch coaches call Dak a bum... but none of them can ever answer the question as to why Dak is only one of 5 quarterbacks out of thousands who have put up the numbers he has in his first 5 years?? Only 5 quarterbacks out of thousands in a 100 year NFL history and he's one of them. How can a bum do that??

How can a bum have the winning percentage he has?? Why haven't more bums accomplished these small milestones???

There have been other bum qbs over the 100 year NFL seasons correct? So why is he the only bum to join four other solid quarterbacks in NFL history? Oh wait, he's also ranked in the top 10 of the current NFL starters according to a few publications. Why aren't more bums ranked in the top 10??

Please explain this to me...
Dak sux!

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't think they were or ever had any bad blood but the guy who helped Dak was Sanchez. Sanchez held the clip boards on game day and during the week. Romo wasn't always around much as he had a bad back. i think Dak was being too generous and nice when speaking about Romo.

…..since neither you or I were there, I’m going to take Dakota at his word…..the clipboard holder not withstanding

morat1959

Reaction score
If Dak was a pure pocket passer and not a dual-threat QB in college he would have never been drafted. He has since given up his dual-threat game and the offense is worse off for it. Dak will now try and fit the ball into a tight window to Noah Brown on 3rd and 4 instead of using his legs to pick up 5 yards.

A coach is not going to help him at this point because Dak has no idea how to read a defense and he doesn't have the arm talent to make all throws needed. Dak is Dak and you cannot teach talent that is not there.

Dak could make up for that stuff by using his legs, but he seems terrified to do this and seems focused on being a pure pocket passer.
You nailed it! He’s light between the ears.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But that was not all the time. It's not like the Cowboys put duct tape over Romo's mouth. What is ever funny to me is even Dak says Romo helped him but his fans just say that is Dak being the nice guy he is. Dak does no wrong, well, except wilt under pressure.

I'm Not a fan of Dak on the field at all, but off the field he typically says all the right things, he seems to try and support this organization and he even said they don't need a #1 receiver. Do you really believe a QB in todays NFL would actually believe that crap? Especially one that doesn't have an elite arm? Come on now. And yes pretty much most of the players like him which tells me he uses that psych degree.

shabazz

Reaction score

For those of us that have played sports, there will always be an “adversarial” relationship between any two people competing for the same position. It’s normal and healthy and brings out the best in both players. They are competing for a single position, but in this case one of them knew he was out for the year.

Romos character doesn’t show any sign of someone that wouldn’t be a team player and Dak hasn’t given any indication of that either. I would be a liar if I said I didn’t want to outperform the other linebackers on my squad but I would never ever fail to mentor any of the young guys coming up. It a courtesy in sports that has a long standing tradition.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm Not a fan of Dak on the field at all, but off the field he typically says all the right things, he seems to try and support this organization and he even said they don't need a #1 receiver. Do you really believe a QB in todays NFL would actually believe that crap? Especially one that doesn't have an elite arm? Come on now. And yes pretty much most of the players like him which tells me he uses that psych degree.

Dak is probably an outstanding citizen, I don't know him personally. I see a 4th round QB that has peaked his game with tons of good stats, but football is not about stats. Outside of a game here or there against a good to mediocre team he does elevate the team, but that is rare.