Twitter: SJ makes clear Cowboys won’t follow Rams “all in” plan

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are too kind. Its much much worse. Stephen is pre-occupied with bringing back players who come up short as a group every year. He has no interest in figuring out how to make the team better. He has no idea. He lives in such a bubble, that he thinks he already built a winner and now he just has to keep the parts together. It is an insane approach to football.

Other teams are scrambling now to re-configure their rosters to compete and address weaknesses. But thats too much work and uncertainty (due to their own ignorance of the league) for the Jones boys. The easiest thing to do is keep what you got and hope for a better result. Our process is basically the path of least resistance.
I don’t think most of our fans realize how lazy the Jones front office is. When most NFL executives are working long hours studying film, scouting, assessing team strengths and weaknesses…the Jones are sailing to Greece or hosting a media event on the party bus.

And some apologists will say, “Yeah but they delegate all that to Will McClay and others”. Really? Other than letting McClay put together recommendations for the draft and for cheap FAs, the Jones make the big decisions. And that’s what THEY say.

If these guys were serious about winning, they would at least acknowledge that changes are needed. Nope. Not with these clowns. They are back, full steam ahead with their usual “process”. They think they are just “unlucky”, instead of realizing they are just “unskilled”.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Dallas is not equipped to go all in. You’ve got to hit on almost every move you make in an “all in” strategy.

RS12

Reaction score
Heaven forbid we try something new what with how smashingly successful the last 25 years have been.

coult44

Reaction score
Why should we follow the Rams' plan?

Remember when we spent years trying to replicate the Patriots?

Stephen Jones is too smart to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.

He is going to follow the "draft and develop" approach which has worked for, well, nobody.

you had me scared for a moment. Glad I didn’t stop reading lol

coult44

Reaction score
I don’t think going the rams route works always. It’s extremely risky and can cripple you. It did work for them and they deserve credit for making that happen but they also have maybe the best coach in the league excluding belichick. I mean they took the risk and they deserve all good things said to them but it had real potential to be a disaster.

now I also think the cowboys can be way too conservative at times and there is a happy medium but the rams way isn’t for everyone and honestly many here who want the “rams all in approach” are the same people who says the team will suck no matter what or are overhyped or aren’t very good - if that’s the case then why would the organization go all in? It can’t be both.

I think the cowboys need to stop running things like a small market team and being way too risk averse but going the rams route? I’m not sure that’s the answer just because it worked for them
We’ve been crippled for 27 years. A cripple is a cripple regardless of what the cripple is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It really speaks volumes of how committed they are to putting a true contender on the field. You have a good team right now. Go for it over the next few years. It doesn't take teams 10 years to rebuild anymore. The 49ers are a good example of that.

It also doesn't take teams 10 years to destroy their team with a huge shopping binge. You can do that in one year. I don't want to see another Roy Williams trade.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is a travesty and a catastrophic failure, just like his father.

Stephen yes, but as much as we dislike Jerry, he has accomplished a few things in his life. He turned 150 million in over 4 billion. I think that is an accomplishment.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We already knew that, since Carr they no longer shop at Bloomingdale’s it is now the Salvation Army Surplus.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heaven forbid we try something new what with how smashingly successful the last 25 years have been.
That’s so true. Why this “brain trust” thinks all they need is some luck is beyond me. Year, after year after after year….the same old “process”.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It gives some fans hope. It's just rationalizing that your team came up short, again.

There's no such thing as "close". Look at the teams that rise and fall every season.
The Cowboys brass says this every year: “We’re close” or “A break here and there and we’re as good as anyone”, or “We like our players”…By now it’s like stale bread for dinner again.