Skins hire Al Saunders as new Offensive Coordinator

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the overreaction by Cowboy fans, and the incessant gloating by Skin fans over the hiring of Saunders is idiotic

what happened to players? you guys seriously over-value assistant coaches, they're not the ones executing the plays on the field

btw, what have the CHiefs done with Saunders? and I don't see the Commander's roster being any better than the Chief's, plus the Commanders dont' have the means or opportunity to improve their roster much either...

and what about continuity, is Gibbs going to keep the same offensive game-plan, or is he going to allow Saunders to implement his own? if it's the latter, that means the Commanders are going to have to learn a new offense in one offseason, continuity is just as important as player execution

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
That's what everyone thought when Marvin Lewis was hired as the Skins DC.

Nothing against Lewis or any other assistant/coordinater. But those guys aren't as far ahead of the other assistant coaches/coordinaters in this league as the media portrays.

execution anyone?

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Also know as "I am in over my head and can't run a NFL offence in the new NFL so I better hire someone not as dimiwitted as me"
Unless you're purposely just trying to talk smack, you are really making yourself look pretty stupid.

Fan21

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
If you didnt need our validation you wouldnt be on a Cowboys forum trying to get people to agree with you LOL

He WAS a damn good football coach, now he is a figurehead the team is being run by assistants.

Yes the results speak loudly 16-16 and 1 playoff appearance after 2 seasons same as Parcells

No, different than Parcells - Gibbs won a game and was never an a$$hole!

Fan21

Benched
Reaction score
Holloway805 said:
Count the rings? He better plan on going to the Olympics if he wants to count rings. It cracks me up to see the Skin posters thinking they are THAT close to a SB. Please. Wake up and look around the league. You have no 1st round pick, are WAY over the cap and are going to release your best defensive player, among many other things. Playoffs this year for you was a gift. And dont forget that stunning offensive show in TB.

We're releasing Sean Taylor?!? I haven't heard...oh you must be referring to Lavar. He's about our 7th best defensive player, and we're not releasing him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
wileedog said:
The Great Plan looks to me at this point like they have a head coach lined up who looked completely overmatched in Buffalo. This same Wunderkin who managed to coach a defense almost identical in production to Zimmer, who 3/4 of the fans here can't wait to get rid of.

Saunders is a nice add, but he wants a HC job - that's why he stormed out of KC. He's not a long term player in Washington, he's only there because it was a better idea than working in Oakland.

They have burgeouning cap problems and no #1 pick next year - although from the sounds of it they are going to trade future picks to get a #1, which will hurt them more down the road.

Sorry, I'm missing the point of the Great Plan. Looks to me like a 1-2 year window, followed by cap follout and payback for several years of bad drafts, with a semi-decent coach who already bombed once to inherit it all.

And what do we have in the pipeline?

Mike Zimmer? Tony Sparano? Todd Haley?

I am sure you recall the angst that was around here when it was unsure if Coach Parcells would return. The Commanders have bought themselves insurance. We do not have that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Fan21 said:
Name one better 1-2-3 punch in the league, please!

Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison

because Edge is MUCH better than Portis, and Harrison is MUCH better than Moss

and Dallas Clark and Cooley=average TEs

wileedog

Reaction score
Alexander said:
And what do we have in the pipeline?

Mike Zimmer? Tony Sparano? Todd Haley?

I am sure you recall the angst that was around here when it was unsure if Coach Parcells would return. The Commanders have bought themselves insurance. We do not have that.

Our cap is in great shape. Our drafts are largely intact. Our scouting department is looking better than its been in years. We're a younger team overall than the Commanders, especially on defense. We've gotten more out of our drafts the past years then they have, they've relied more on the big $$$$$ FA.

And quite frankly if its Zimmer at HC I don't see a whole lot of difference between him and Willliams other than Williams has already shown once he can't do it.

I'm not saying we're set up perfectly yet either. I'm saying after the next year or two I don't see much to envy over there.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Fan21 said:
You've got to be kidding.

Harrison, James, & Wayne. Oh, it has to be a tight end not a WR...Clark.

Gates, Tomlinson and any warm body at WR.

Those were easy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
but don't worry guys, we'll have our turn to sit around, gloat, and point and laugh at the Skins

during the offseason signing period :lmao:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog said:
And quite frankly if its Zimmer at HC I don't see a whole lot of difference between him and Willliams other than Williams has already shown once he can't do it.

:lmao2:

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Fan21 said:
Barber, Shockey, Burress
James, Clark, Harrison
Tomlinson, Gates, McCardell/Parker (pick one)
Jackson, Holt, Bruce
Alexander, Jackson, Stevens

wileedog

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Barber, Shockey, Burress
James, Clark, Harrison
Tomlinson, Gates, McCardell/Parker (pick one)
Jackson, Holt, Bruce
Alexander, Jackson, Stevens

TobiasEagle77 ----> :skins: