Skins hire Al Saunders as new Offensive Coordinator

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Won two super bowls. Created a dynasty. Any more questions?

Bingo buddy. So what difference does it make that Joe Gibbs follows a very common model in the NFL , and THE model in college

Head Coach at the top, more of a "CEO" type

Offensive coordinator-------Defensive coordinator

A Very common chain of command. Coordinators take care of the details set out by the man at top

And as Gibbs has shown, he is a very able man at the top. Already has more playoff wins in year 2 then the Cowboys have had in a decade

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Bingo buddy. So what difference does it make that Joe Gibbs follows a very common model in the NFL , and THE model in college

Head Coach at the top, more of a "CEO" type

Offensive coordinator-------Defensive coordinator

A Very common chain of command. Coordinators take care of the details set out by the man at top

And as Gibbs has shown, he is a very able man at the top. Already has more playoff wins in year 2 then the Cowboys have had in a decade

We get it. We're VERY impressed with that playoff victory. :rolleyes: Gibbs "offensive genius mind" was instrumental in getting that win, huh? I'll give him credit, for hiring people who actually know what they're doing, since he obviously doesn't.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Already has more playoff wins in year 2 then the Cowboys have had in a decade

I hear this shouted alot even tho it is not true

In the 1995 we won a SB in 96 we won a playoff game

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
We get it. We're VERY impressed with that playoff victory. :rolleyes: Gibbs "offensive genius mind" was instrumental in getting that win, huh? I'll give him credit, for hiring people who actually know what they're doing, since he obviously doesn't.

Thats part of being a leader. Bringing in the right quality people, putting aside your ego, and letting the people you hire do their jobs

Something Parcells could learn from

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I hear this shouted alot even tho it is not true

In the 1995 we won a SB in 96 we won a playoff game

Ok, how about in the past 8 years?

Make you feel better? ;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Thats part of being a leader. Bringing in the right quality people, putting aside your ego, and letting the people you hire do their jobs

Also know as "I am in over my head and can't run a NFL offence in the new NFL so I better hire someone not as dimiwitted as me"

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Ok, how about in the past 8 years?

Make you feel better? ;)

Oh so its just selective math now right? LOL Ok quick how many wins did the Skins have over the Cowboys between 1006 and 2004 see selecive math is fun

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:

Or, he could just keep doing what he's been doing, building a solid team, while keeping the cap managable, so that they have the room to improve every year.

Something Gibbs and Danny Boy could learn from.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Also know as "I am in over my head and can't run a NFL offence in the new NFL so I better hire someone not as dimiwitted as me"

Right that is exactly what is happening. Because his offense went from 30th to 11th this past season

And even if it is, hell what do I care? GIbbs has proven something here, he is incredibly humble and not contrained by any ego, he saw the O needed more brains and added to the operation, making it better then it was a week ago

Already out of the gate he is improving the team for 2006, by adding more brain power. And does he care who gets credit? Never has, never will, he will just count the rings when the time is right

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Or, he could just keep doing what he's been doing, building a solid team, while keeping the cap managable, so that they have the room to improve every year.

Something Gibbs and Danny Boy could learn from.

If Gibbs goes from a 10-6 season and a playoff win to a 6-10 season, then yeah you have a point

The second this team "regresses" (Cowboys 2003 to Cowboys 2004) then yeah you are right

Until then, its upward and onward. Great move today, because honestly I was afraid this guy would end up in Dallas

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Right that is exactly what is happening. Because his offense went from 30th to 11th this past offseason

And even if it is, hell what do I care? GIbbs has proven something here, he is incredibly humble and not contrained by any ego, he saw the O needed more brains and added to the operation, making it better then it was a week ago

Already out of the gate he is improving the team for 2006, by adding more brain power. And does he care who gets credit? Never has, never will, he will just count the rings when the time is right

Gibbs has proven something there, he has proven all the things he was called a genius for are no longer applicable. He has been proven to be so inept that Snyder is dishing out head coach money to multiple Coordinators to do his job for him.

Your O is better than it was a week ago> How do you know this? The team is on vacation, have they played a pickup game somewhere to show they improved since their last 2 embarrassing games?

superpunk

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

(I'm smacking the **** out of my gavel right now.)

tell him what he's won, Johnny!!!!

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Gibbs has proven something there, he has proven all the things he was called a genius for are no longer applicable. He has been proven to be so inept that Snyder is dishing out head coach money to multiple Coordinators to do his job for him.

Your O is better than it was a week ago> How do you know this? The team is on vacation, have they played a pickup game somewhere to show they improved since their last 2 embarrassing games?

Hey you know what, since Joe Gibbs signed off on this move, I got no problem with it

He doesn't and actually neither do I really, need your validation that he is a damn good football coach

The results speak for themselves

Have a great weekend

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Hey you know what, since Joe Gibbs signed off on this move, I got no problem with it

He doesn't and actually neither do I really, need your validation that he is a damn good football coach

Have a great weekend

If you didnt need our validation you wouldnt be on a Cowboys forum trying to get people to agree with you LOL

He WAS a damn good football coach, now he is a figurehead the team is being run by assistants.

Yes the results speak loudly 16-16 and 1 playoff appearance after 2 seasons same as Parcells

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
If Gibbs goes from a 10-6 season and a playoff win to a 6-10 season, then yeah you have a point

The second this team "regresses" (Cowboys 2003 to Cowboys 2004) then yeah you are right

Until then, its upward and onward. Great move today, because honestly I was afraid this guy would end up in Dallas

Spoken from someone who doesn't have a legitimate outlook on what happened here Parcells first two years.

I would have loved for us to have gone 6-10 Parcells first year. Then we'd be in year 4 of the rebuilding process, and alot farther along. Instead, we had to completely start over last year, and went 9-7 while doing it. Not too shabby.

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:

Yes, they do. What the results say is, "Danny boy needs to hire asst. coaches who know what they're doing. Otherwise, little boy Gibbs will look like a fool, since he's so out of touch with the way the game is played. In turn, Danny boy will look like a fool, since his biggest splash since becoming an owner, bombed."

There's a reason Snyder has to shell out head coach money for assistants, and it has less to do with Gibbs being humble, than it does with Gibbs being incompetent.

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Right that is exactly what is happening. Because his offense went from 30th to 11th this past season

Count the rings? He better plan on going to the Olympics if he wants to count rings. It cracks me up to see the Skin posters thinking they are THAT close to a SB. Please. Wake up and look around the league. You have no 1st round pick, are WAY over the cap and are going to release your best defensive player, among many other things. Playoffs this year for you was a gift. And dont forget that stunning offensive show in TB.

KINGGIBBS

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think you'll find more football intelligence here than you are likely to give us credit for. In other words, don't act so innocent of bias.

Of course I am bias towards my team. That's why we are fan(atics)s. But, I am also a realist. As far "football intelligence here" goes? I don't doubt that, but every board has it's fair share of idiots. But, the fact that you root for the 'boys lowers your IQ a bit, don't you think?:D J/K:D

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
doh.gif

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
All this smack about "more playoff wins since..." is laughable. Who cares?!

If you don't win it all, you are just another loser with the other 30 teams that didn't win the Trophy. It's just a question of what degree of loser you were.

:lombardi: When Gibbs gets you Skins fans 2 more of these then come back here and talk some smack!