Skins hire Al Saunders as new Offensive Coordinator

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
this is easy.

If Parcells brought him in....its a genius move and nobody could match anything like that.

If Gibbs brought him in.....then its a desperate grasp to save a team that stole 11 wins this year. They should have been 0-16.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
Actually, the Skins have 5 NFL Championships in total.

Thanks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KINGGIBBS said:
Of course I am bias towards my team. That's why we are fan(atics)s. But, I am also a realist. As far "football intelligence here" goes? I don't doubt that, but every board has it's fair share of idiots. But, the fact that you root for the 'boys lowers your IQ a bit, don't you think?:D J/K:D
No more than I think you rooting for the Commanders makes you a racist.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wheat said:
this is easy.

If Parcells brought him in....its a genius move and nobody could match anything like that.

If Gibbs brought him in.....then its a desperate grasp to save a team that stole 11 wins this year. They should have been 0-16.

There is a more truth to those statements then many would be willing to make.

But to be fair, that works on both sides of the fence.

I still remember how Noble was nothing with the cowboys, but how he was going to be the center and or missing piece for the skins.

:cool:

superpunk

Reaction score
Wheat said:
Actually, the Skins have 5 NFL Championships in total.

Thanks.

Cool. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible for the Cowboys to get these "NFL Championships" of which you speak, unless they can work something out with Marty McFly. They've been in existence for a far shorter time than the Skins. So....I guess that would make our five super bowls even more impressive! Using a simple ratio of super bowl victories to years in existence, that is.

Hail to the Cowboys.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
There is a more truth to those statements then many would be willing to make.

But to be fair, that works on both sides of the fence.

I still remember how Noble was nothing with the cowboys, but how he was going to be the center and or missing piece for the skins.

:cool:

yes... the famous "blocker magnet" label... :lmao2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
yes... the famous "blocker magnet" label... :lmao2:

:laugh2:
Yes that was what it was.... could not remember the official term so I used center or missing piece.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Wheat said:
this is easy.

I think it's a little different between Parcells and Gibbs. Gibbs is known for being an offensive coach (no pun intended). He's been back for two years and has basically served as his own OC. But when you see how anemic their offense was - especially in the playoffs, then I think I can see how people may think that that part of the game has passed him by and now he has to go out and get help.

If we had hired an OC, it would've been to replace Payton who just got hired by N.O.

Who exactly is Saunders replacing????

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Fan21 said:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/13663235.htm

Look out 'Boys. The Skins are loading up! Williams on D and Saunders on O, looks like Dan Snyder might know what he's doing with the coaching staff.

Skins will rule the East next year!

:rolleyes: Same foolish comments every offseason when the Skins blow huge amounts of money and have nothing to show for it- nothing changes but the dates on the calendar and the personnel. All those championships Saunders won in KC with that loaded offense are quite impressive too. Too bad the league doesn't give out rings for offseason titles- you guys would have them all.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All of the mutual chest beating about whose team is better and on the right track is highly entertaining, but the fact remains that the Commanders appear aggressive and eager to win now, but also have a solid foundation laid for the post-Gibbs era.

We apparently have taken a very slow approach thus far and I have to admit that my faith in whether or not we have a longterm plan is wavering.

cfujskins

Reaction score
Bach said:
I think it's a little different between Parcells and Gibbs. Gibbs is known for being an offensive coach (no pun intended). He's been back for two years and has basically served as his own OC. But when you see how anemic their offense was - especially in the playoffs, then I think I can see how people may think that that part of the game has passed him by and now he has to go out and get help.

If we had hired an OC, it would've been to replace Payton who just got hired by N.O.

Who exactly is Saunders replacing????

No it's not different. How many of you want Zimmer gone and replaced by a top flight D coordinator?

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I remember someone telling me the bill musgrave was going to make our offense flat......

Was it gibbs then or MG calling those "stall ball" calls in the 3rd Q w/ a 3 pt lead/////:confused: :confused: :confused:

EDIT: So is the OC thing "OFFICALLY OFFICIAL" yet? or just speculation off an article.....

KINGGIBBS

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No more than I think you rooting for the Commanders makes you a racist.

Let's see here. I ROOT for the Commanders and sing praises to them (hail to the Commanders) yet I'm a racist? You on the other hand, have the username "hostile".:laugh2:

wileedog

Reaction score
Alexander said:
All of the mutual chest beating about whose team is better and on the right track is highly entertaining, but the fact remains that the Commanders appear aggressive and eager to win now, but also have a solid foundation laid for the post-Gibbs era.

We apparently have taken a very slow approach thus far and I have to admit that my faith in whether or not we have a longterm plan is wavering.

The Great Plan looks to me at this point like they have a head coach lined up who looked completely overmatched in Buffalo. This same Wunderkin who managed to coach a defense almost identical in production to Zimmer, who 3/4 of the fans here can't wait to get rid of.

Saunders is a nice add, but he wants a HC job - that's why he stormed out of KC. He's not a long term player in Washington, he's only there because it was a better idea than working in Oakland.

They have burgeouning cap problems and no #1 pick next year - although from the sounds of it they are going to trade future picks to get a #1, which will hurt them more down the road.

Sorry, I'm missing the point of the Great Plan. Looks to me like a 1-2 year window, followed by cap follout and payback for several years of bad drafts, with a semi-decent coach who already bombed once to inherit it all.

Gfunk

Reaction score
maxsports said:
Pressure Mark Brunell and they have no game plan. They will look no different, just a year older.

and you think Dallas' D will do it? :lmao2:

what, 2 sacks in 2 games? (and those 2 sacks were in Dallas)