Twitter: Skins offered Cooper $22M per year

blueblood70

Reaction score
So Cooper does a team friendly deal to stay.

Interesting.

So did he do this to help the team sign Dak?

He gets his pay raise which he deserves after 4 straight Pro Bowls.

But with Cobb and Witten gone, this really puts pressure on Amari.

And does the FO really have a clue about Jarwin at TE? In the past they have drafted TEs trying to replace Witten only to let them walk.

It's strange to me we have not done more to fix the position knowing Witten was leaving.

Puzzling considering how Dak needs short passing help in the WCO.

Hmmm..
coops deal is not attached to daks, Dak wont budge his agents are playing hardball and he got the tag for his efforts.. you are worth what you are worth and 33/105 and coming to the middle on years is more than fair..They wont compromise stop acting as iof the FO isnt trying to keep them and giving 20mil per to AC is not that team friendly when in reality AC should have been capped at 18 IMO.. he got what he wanted big AVG long term deal and yes let the team have friendly structure.. Daks the ONLY PLAYER OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS that refuses to do the same.. what makes him so FN special 9-7. 10-6, and well what have you dont lately 8-8 with terrible last 6 games..

pressure on Amari, nah he doesnt care, dudes low key and plays how he plays, Gallup no scrub, hes weapon and still developing.. Jarwins been on the cusp of arriving and needs all the starter snaps to prove if hes a JAG or a solid starter..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
BuT We DrOvE uP HiS cOsT

How people think that the Cowboys drive up the cost they end up paying for players is one huge mystery. They don't tell a player's agent to not accept the teams offer and just come back with a higher offer so we will take that one. Teams don't drive up the cost of their one players.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I hope that this is considered by those who are saying 'the Cowboys overpaid.'
Everything seems like overpaying these days. I don't even have a good gauge anymore to what is reasonable. Good thing the CBA was approved because it really helps the 3rd tier guys who are playing at the minimum.

I don't even know what to think of Jarwin's deal - seems high but time will tell. Cobb got 9 million a year when we signed him for 1 million last year right.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And the players pay State tax to the states they have road games in. So the player isn't saving the amount of the State tax, in reality he is saving the tax on his home games.

Which the state makes up for with higher taxes in other areas ... this really only works in his favor if he rents a small apartment and doesn't buy anything in state

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yes this true that all professional athletes have to pay state income taxes in any state they play in but if they play for a team where there are no state income tax that means that half of those pay checks are free from state income taxes unlike players that play for teams where their state does have state income taxes.

Higher property taxes.

Higher sales taxes.

Don't be fooled.

aikemirv

Reaction score
How people think that the Cowboys drive up the cost they end up paying for players is one huge mystery. They don't tell a player's agent to not accept the teams offer and just come back with a higher offer so we will take that one. Teams don't drive up the cost of their one players.
They could have and probably should have played hard ball with Zeke. I am glad he is signed but don't like the way he did it. It did set themselves up for players to test them like Dak has. I think Amari is just happy to be a Cowboy

aikemirv

Reaction score
Higher property taxes.

Higher sales taxes.

Don't be fooled.
Try the cost of living in the DC area versus Arlington. I bet a million dollar house in Arlington is 3 mill in the Wash/ Baltimore area! Not to mention the property tax rates - he will easily see the same cash in his bank account that he would have seen in a bigger deal in DC.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Everyone will forget about this the first time he doesn't go over 100 yards.
or when it's a winner takes all game late in the season and he's on the sideline with an "undisclosed injury"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything seems like overpaying these days. I don't even have a good gauge anymore to what is reasonable. Good thing the CBA was approved because it really helps the 3rd tier guys who are playing at the minimum.

I don't even know what to think of Jarwin's deal - seems high but time will tell. Cobb got 9 million a year when we signed him for 1 million last year right.

$5 million last year for Cobb.

Given the new CBA, everybody's numbers are going to skyrocket. If you got your big money contracts done last year, you're well ahead of the curve. Sadly, we didn't. Now we pay the higher rate.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Given the new CBA, everybody's numbers are going to skyrocket. If you got your big money contracts done last year, you're well ahead of the curve. Sadly, we didn't. Now we pay the higher rate.

Who should we have extended and which players were willing to extend at last year's rates?

We did it with Zeke, who else?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Try the cost of living in the DC area versus Arlington. I bet a million dollar house in Arlington is 3 mill in the Wash/ Baltimore area! Not to mention the property tax rates - he will easily see the same cash in his bank account that he would have seen in a bigger deal in DC.

Yes, but he'd actually be living somewhere nice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who should we have extended and which players were willing to extend at last year's rates?

We did it with Zeke, who else?

Cooper and Dak should have been done. Instead of insulting offers like $25 million a year when Wentz and Goff got $32 million a year-plus.

Now they'll pay Dak more than that and lie to us about getting this 'great deal'.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Cooper and Dak should have been done. Instead of insulting offers like $25 million a year when Wentz and Goff got $32 million a year-plus.

Now they'll pay Dak more than that and lie to us about getting this 'great deal'.

False. Cooper's agent wasn't negotiating last year. Cooper had the 9th highest cap hits among WRs last year and the 2nd highest salary. His agent said the whole time they would do the deal after the season when he could get competitive bids, the only way to sign Cooper last year would have been to set the market with a crazy offer.

And I'm sure you would have loved that scenario.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yes, but he'd actually be living somewhere nice.
Who in their right mind would want to live up there? - it is a nightmare. I am 90 minutes from DEC and avoid it like the plaque! The southern eastern shore of Maryland is nice but the trafiic!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
False. Cooper's agent wasn't negotiating last year. Cooper had the 9th highest cap hits among WRs last year and the 2nd highest salary. His agent said the whole time they would do the deal after the season when he could get competitive bids, the only way to sign Cooper last year would have been to set the market with a crazy offer.

And I'm sure you would have loved that scenario.

It would have been less 'crazy' that what he just got. In case you missed in during your never-ending Cowboys excuse-making, the receiver market was reset during the Thomas and Julio Jones deals.

I noticed you didn't touch talking about the mistake made with Prescott.

Wise decision.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
coops deal is not attached to daks, Dak wont budge his agents are playing hardball and he got the tag for his efforts.. you are worth what you are worth and 33/105 and coming to the middle on years is more than fair..They wont compromise stop acting as iof the FO isnt trying to keep them and giving 20mil per to AC is not that team friendly when in reality AC should have been capped at 18 IMO.. he got what he wanted big AVG long term deal and yes let the team have friendly structure.. Daks the ONLY PLAYER OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS that refuses to do the same.. what makes him so FN special 9-7. 10-6, and well what have you dont lately 8-8 with terrible last 6 games..

pressure on Amari, nah he doesnt care, dudes low key and plays how he plays, Gallup no scrub, hes weapon and still developing.. Jarwins been on the cusp of arriving and needs all the starter snaps to prove if hes a JAG or a solid starter..

Your rant is first funny and then has errors. There are more than one person that will say that Lawrence didn't sign a team friendly deal after getting tagged for a second year in a row and that was just last year which falls in your "ONLY PLAYER OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS" . Now you've determined for the Cowboys how much Prescott is worth and how Cooper who turned down 22 mil a year for the 20 mil a year the Cowboys offered isn't being team friendly.because you say he should have only gotten 18 mil a year.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It would have been less 'crazy' that what he just got. In case you missed in during your never-ending Cowboys excuse-making, the receiver market was reset during the Thomas and Julio Jones deals.

I noticed you didn't touch talking about the mistake made with Prescott.

Wise decision.

Because every simpleton followed the Prescott story. The team negotiated but his agent moved the goalposts, then both sides decided to wait until the offseason. Which Dallas was fine with because they could use the franchise tag, which you used to agree with until you found a new reason to whine about team decisions.

And I notice you haven't mentioned your tantrum yesterday that Amari Cooper was going to walk.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because every simpleton followed the Prescott story.

Clearly. And then they got straight to work on the excuses they would make when Dallas bungled it.

The team negotiated but his agent moved the goalposts, then both sides decided to wait until the offseason.

The Cowboys insulted the other side with that $25 million a year nonsense. That's when 'goalposts were moved' and rightfully so after an insult like that.

Which Dallas was fine with because they could use the franchise tag, which you used to agree with until you found a new reason to whine about team decisions.

And you found another area to be an excuse-making *****.

And I notice you haven't mentioned your tantrum yesterday that Amari Cooper was going to walk.

Another lie? You're beyond desperate. Produce that post where I said that.