'Skins release Jason Taylor

newlander

Reaction score
"The team was willing to keep Taylor at his $8 million salary, but asked for a workout clause to be added to his contract.

The workout clause would have required Taylor to attend 25 of 39 days of the offseason program, and he refused."

I'M WITH STASHEROO FELLAS...THIS GUY IS A REAL TURD IF THIS IS TRUE. BTW: i WOULDN'T ASSUME THAT IT IS. SOUNDS LIKE A SNYDER PR SPIN TO ME....WHATEVER THE TRUTH, ONE THING RINGS TRUE: HE'S WASHED UP AND WE SHOULDN'T TOUCH HIM WITH A 100' POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
That should save them $8 million against the cap so expect another big name free agent signing within the next 48 hours.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Just wad that 2009 2nd round pick up and act like it never happened.

That's what I would do ole Danny-boy. :D

Primetime42

Reaction score
lqmac1;2663982 said:
‘SKINS ANNOUNCE TAYLOR RELEASE

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 5:10 p.m. EST
The Washington Commanders officially have announced the release of defensive end Jason Taylor.
“Jason Taylor was a real professional during his time with the Commanders,” coach Jim Zorn said. “He played hurt, but still gave his best effort to be prepared and play hard every week. We wish him and his family the very best.”
As we reported earlier in the afternoon, the move came after Taylor refused to agree to contract clause that would require him to participate in 25 of the 39 offseason workout days.
And, as far as we can tell, the request wasn’t aimed at getting Taylor to balk so that he could be cut. Instead, it came from a legitimate interest on the part of the team to have Taylor fully engaged in the offseason program.
In the end, the Commanders got 13 games, and eight starts, out of the second-round pick in the 2009 draft that they sent to the Dolphins last year.
I call BS on that reasoning.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
Cowboys22;2663991 said:
That should save them $8 million against the cap so expect another big name free agent signing within the next 48 hours.

I was figuring RT Willis would be signed tonight!:laugh2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
The Cowboys had better not have any interest in him.

Any more FA signings or trades have to be towards youth.

Mansta54

Reaction score
newlander;2663990 said:
"The team was willing to keep Taylor at his $8 million salary, but asked for a workout clause to be added to his contract.

The workout clause would have required Taylor to attend 25 of 39 days of the offseason program, and he refused."

I'M WITH STASHEROO FELLAS...THIS GUY IS A REAL TURD IF THIS IS TRUE. BTW: i WOULDN'T ASSUME THAT IT IS. SOUNDS LIKE A SNYDER PR SPIN TO ME....WHATEVER THE TRUTH, ONE THING RINGS TRUE: HE'S WASHED UP AND WE SHOULDN'T TOUCH HIM WITH A 100' POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hammer:

sacase

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2663912 said:
SKINS TO CUT TAYLOR
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 4:14 p.m.

The Washington Commanders, despite previously stating that defensive end Jason Taylor will return for another season, will be releasing him, a league source tells us.

The team was willing to keep Taylor at his $8 million salary, but asked for a workout clause to be added to his contract.

The workout clause would have required Taylor to attend 25 of 39 days of the offseason program, and he refused.

And so the move was made. Taylor will soon be on the market.

Wow, giving up 8 mil over 25 days or workouts. Talk about to much self importance.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Mansta54;2663933 said:
Ahh, no he doesn't!!! He's DONE!!! He's terrible against the run, he gets no pressure anymore, and he stays hurt. I don't think his heart is really in it anymore. Dude has nothing left..
and you know this how? the guy was hurt the whole of last yr. so that is completely innacurate

in his last yrs in miami none of what you said was seen from him. he was still a pass rushing threat and still stuffing the run.all that is to be seen is how he bounces back this yr from his injury. to me his lack of motivation is his biggest problem not his skills. his heart doesnt seem to really be in football. i could see him in the booth or something he no longer has to desire to play but its not because the guy cant play

Mansta54

Reaction score
GOLDENCHILD1688;2664056 said:
and you know this how? the guy was hurt the whole of last yr. so that is completely innacurate

in his last yrs in miami none of what you said was seen from him. he was still a pass rushing threat and still stuffing the run.all that is to be seen is how he bounces back this yr from his injury.

Because I live here in DC and watched every game he played in this year. BP realized it too, that's why he let him go. The guy didn't even want to participate in offseason workouts so he could be on dancing with the stars. He also mentioned retirement more then once. He's stated numerous times in interviews that he wants to go to Hollywood. He's also too darn light in the arse to stop the run in the NFC east. Again, dude is DONE!!!!!!

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Mansta54;2664070 said:
Because I live here in DC and watched every game he played in this year. BP realized it too, that's why he let him go. The guy didn't even want to participate in offseason workouts so he could be on dancing with the stars. He also mentioned retirement more then once. He's stated numerous times in interviews that he wants to go to Hollywood. He's also too darn light in the arse to stop the run in the NFC east. Again, dude is DONE!!!!!!
ive watched him play as well and when the guy is healthy he can still play. like i said in my post its not a question of whether he can still play its a question of whether he wants to. and even you agree with that in youre post as most of what youre saying is more so his lack of dedication then his skilll set. if hes motivated the guy can still ball, i dont think hes washed up at all. if he still wants to play hell be a productive player next yr if not well see him in the booth

Mansta54

Reaction score
GOLDENCHILD1688;2664080 said:
ive watched him play as well and when the guy is healthy he can still play. like i said in my post its not a question of whether he can still play its a question of whether he wants to. and even you agree with that in youre post as most of what youre saying is more so his lack of dedication then his skilll set. if hes motivated the guy can still ball, i dont think hes washed up at all. if he still wants to play hell be a productive player next yr if not well see him in the booth

I think it's gonna be the booth and yes, I do believe he's washed up...

Mansta54

Reaction score
Go to sportstalk980.com and listen to what the Foreskin fans think of him and his performance....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Commanders part ways with Taylor
March 2, 2009 5:14 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

In the aftermath of Friday's blockbuster additions in free agency, the Washington Commanders have parted ways with defensive end Jason Taylor. According to ESPN.com's John Clayton, who hasn't slept in 72 hours, Taylor balked when the Commanders asked him to show up for 75 percent of the club's offseason workouts.

Even after restructuring his deal, Taylor was still scheduled to make $8.5 million in 2009, but he didn't want to be away from his family for that long. Of course, he always had the option of moving his family to Washington when he agreed last summer to play two seasons for the Commanders. But Taylor and his wife are are a big part of the Miami community and maybe they didn't want to give that up. I've always thought a commuter marriage would be much more palatable when $8.5 million's hanging in the balance, but that's just me.

If the Commanders truly wanted Taylor to play another season, they wouldn't be hassling him about offseason workouts. Running back Clinton Portis often spent the majority of his offseason working out on South Beach. The Cowboys' Terrell Owens is the same way.

Taylor never fully recovered from a leg injury last season and wasn't nearly as productive as he'd been in Miami. He also struggled in Greg Blache's defense.

The Commanders have spent the last couple of days telling us how defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is so disruptive that he'll make players around him better. But those players around him need to be somewhat talented. In my opinion, you can't go into next season depending heavily on players such as Andre Carter and Demetric Evans. If you think Kyle Vanden Bosch simply got lucky by playing next to Haynesworth, you haven't watched the Titans much.

Now I'm anxious to hear your take.

wileedog

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2663858 said:
Everyone harping on Jerry about the Roy Williams compensation needs to apoligize.;)

I apologize that Danny Snyder is even more of an ***hat than you, Jerry.