Skins Taylor up on 3 counts

ljs44

Reaction score
Just reported on 980 in DC that Taylor is now up on 3 counts of aggrevated assault, and they each carry a mandatory 3 years each if found guilty. Trial is in march. Not good for him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ljs44 said:
Just reported on 980 in DC that Taylor is now up on 3 counts of aggrevated assault, and they each carry a mandatory 3 years each if found guilty. Trial is in march. Not good for him.
He'll get off just like most athletes do.

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
ljs44 said:

Really doubt anythings gonna happen to this guy. Already postponed everything for just so he could play football this year. Unfortunately, money talks.:mad:

sacase

Reaction score
Prosecuter was not to happy about the latest deley

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
ljs44 said:

Nothing will happen to this clown!!!!! It is obvious. if it were myself (the average Joe) I would not be allowed to vacate my court appearances to play football. He will get a fine, and probation. This guy is a loose cannon though and will end up getting what he deserves down the road.....

Didn't he get a DUI a while back as well?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Yeah. With the Danny boy's helping....
Fine - large by our standards.
Probation - for a year or two.
Community Service - to a needy cause in the area.

:rolleyes:

We would be in the lockup as a menace to the world.

MrPhil

Reaction score
My guess is also that nothing will happen to him.......this time. However, if he gets the impression that he is untouchable (probably already does) and continues to act like a thug, he will eventually screw up and get what he deserves.

Just MHO though.......

Hoods

Reaction score
If he's found guilty no one can get him out of the mandatory 3 years.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

is this new? no. only the way it is being reported.

you shoot a gun into a house containing 3 people. that results in 3 counts of assault. if the house contained 4 people, it would have been 4 counts.

sago1

Reaction score
Haven't you noticed that juries seem to have a habit of letting athletes & the wealthy off. That's because they can afford high-powered expensive lawyers who can create reasonable doubt, etc. Taylor will hire a guy like that, Danny boys will fund if necessary, and then Taylor will be cleaned up real nice to look like a solid citizen and say all the right things. Then his mother will testify for him, etc and he'll be found no guilty--even if there obvious evidence he did it and common sense also says he did it.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
abersonc said:
is this new? no. only the way it is being reported.

you shoot a gun into a house containing 3 people. that results in 3 counts of assault. if the house contained 4 people, it would have been 4 counts.

Taylor did not fire a weapon.

He was in the house that was fired upon.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

Link? How could he get three counts of assault if he was being fired upon?

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

Ah, but he allegedly went to THEIR house and waved a gun at them PRIOR to them coming to his house and allegedly firing at his house.

Perp first, THEN victim. Timeline makes a big difference, doesn't it? It does matter if you're the first to escalate a situation with firearms—whether you fire or not, apparently.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tio said:
Link? How could he get three counts of assault if he was being fired upon?

The prosecutor added new charges.
Assault with a weapon for having it. And 3 people were there.

will look for a link.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
dcdallaschick said:
Ah, but he allegedly went to THEIR house and waved a gun at them PRIOR to them coming to his house and allegedly firing at his house.

Perp first, THEN victim. Timeline makes a big difference, doesn't it? It does matter if you're the first to escalate a situation with firearms—whether you fire or not, apparently.

Well yes. Especially stupid over some allegedly stolen freakin' ATVs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

more stupid. his dad is Chief of Police in his hometown. Umm, Sean, just call the cops dude.

1fisher

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

would you be sticking up for this guy if he wasn't on YOUR team? I highly doubt it!

clayman

Reaction score
1fisher said:
would you be sticking up for this guy if he wasn't on YOUR team? I highly doubt it!

I think he was calling Taylor's actions stupid and not defending him with the ATV quote.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dcdallaschick said:

I'm guessing why that comes out as assault rather than attempted murder. I believe that assault does not involve an act of violence that is carried out -- assault, again as I understand it, involves the threat of violence -- and pulling out a gun certainly qualifies in that manner.

now that I've had my coffee I recall it was that he threatened them prior to them shooting at his house. of course, the court will argue that if they didn't go over and waive guns that the incident would not have escalated.