Skins Taylor up on 3 counts

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
I am begging for a change of jurisdiction.... How about a small county in Dallas....:lmao2:

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Sean Taylor will now face three charges of aggravated assault with a firearm, instead of just one.

He'll face one count for each reported victim. If convicted, Taylor faces a three-year mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of 16 years in prison on each felony charge. The trial starts March 20th and his career hangs in the balance.

Jan. 27 - 10:02 am et
Source: Washington Times

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Taylor's career is over.....the skins will be looking for a DE in this draft to make up for this hit.....

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nothing will happen to Taylor.

Never does to athletes.....

He's innocent until proven guilty.....but I don't see him getting convicted. He'll get off.

I can see him getting a "deal" with the prosecutors. He'll plead guilty to a lesser charge.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but Taylor seems like the kind of athlete the legal system will want to make an example of. Popular enough to make an impact, but not famous enough to cause the world to turn upside down.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Taylor's career is over.....the skins will be looking for a DE in this draft to make up for this hit.....
Okay, this post confuses me.

Taylor isn't a DE. Not sure what him being done would have to do with looking for a DE.

I don't expect him to spend 1 day in jail personally.

Renesis

Reaction score
I think he meant that with Taylor gone we will lack a game changer on defense, which we would hope to make up for with a DE. If he does get locked up, I would imagine we may draft a corner, and move Springs to FS.

Hope he isn't guilty, but time will tell.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Renesis said:
I think he meant that with Taylor gone we will lack a game changer on defense, which we would hope to make up for with a DE. If he does get locked up, I would imagine we may draft a corner, and move Springs to FS.

Hope he isn't guilty, but time will tell.

I like that Idea too...BUttttt..springs may be too good though to take if of the edge......he is a better tackler than most corners.....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Sean Taylor will now face three charges of aggravated assault with a firearm, instead of just one.

He'll face one count for each reported victim. If convicted, Taylor faces a three-year mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of 16 years in prison on each felony charge. The trial starts March 20th and his career hangs in the balance.

Jan. 27 - 10:02 am et
Source: Washington Times

ouch

3 to 16, times 3

so if convicted on all 3 counts?...going to jail for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I like that Idea too...BUttttt..springs may be too good though to take if of the edge......he is a better tackler than most corners.....
You still didn't explain it.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
abersonc said:
I'm guessing why that comes out as assault rather than attempted murder. I believe that assault does not involve an act of violence that is carried out -- assault, again as I understand it, involves the threat of violence -- and pulling out a gun certainly qualifies in that manner.

now that I've had my coffee I recall it was that he threatened them prior to them shooting at his house. of course, the court will argue that if they didn't go over and waive guns that the incident would not have escalated.

I served on a grand jury once, here in MS. Our DA told us, in case pretty similar, that agravaited assult carries a stiffer penalty than Attempted murder and that is why they charge people with that crime instead. don't know if that plays any part here, i just found it interesting at the time.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I don't expect him to spend 1 day in jail personally.

Me either. I don't think they risk going to the jury. I think he'll plea bargain and end up with probabtion and community service.