Skip Bayless comment regarding Jason Garrett

RunDMC

Reaction score
Skip is right. Garrett is getting a pass because of Tony being out and that's just not right. No coach should get a pass for making no adjustments, to their scheme and their game plan, not preparing their team and getting them ready to play against a division rival, and your team inexplicably finding a way to give the last three games away. That is or should be unacceptable.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I disagree about being comfortable with losing close games. I agree about the comment regarding Garrett.

Bring on Payton!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
There seems to be a trend with JG led teams. They start out games strong, then other teams make adjustments and start to take over games late.

I have never seen a team give up so many leads in my life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Skip is right. Garrett is getting a pass because of Tony being out and that's just not right. No coach should get a pass for making no adjustments, to their scheme and their game plan, not preparing their team and getting them ready to play against a division rival, and your team inexplicably finding a way to give the last three games away. That is or should be unacceptable.

Lost credibility with that statement. The team has made adjustments if you've been paying attention. They just have been struggling with a inept backup in Weeden and a QB in Cassel that's only been with the team for a few weeks. Combine that with an inexplicable lack of turnovers and you see the results. I knows it's much easier for fans to start blaming folks but it's not that simple and smart fans understand that.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

To be brutally honest - I think the entire organization got a pass from Tony during those 8-8 years because it's pretty apparent that those were 4-12 teams and if that's really the case we would've been two years into a new coaching regime by now.

That being said, the personnel department has done a pretty good job recently and Jerry is slowing his roll. Garrett has shown he can inspire a 12-4 team. Now we have to see if he can turn around a 2-6 team without losing it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Skip is an idiot, loud mouth, shock jock.

Completely agree. But he does love his Cowboys.

even when he's right, he's wrong.
He often babbles but a couple of things in this tweet hit home. The words comfortable and stepford. I would like to believe deep down that this team would nevery get comfortable with even losing close games. There are no silver linings in a 6 game losing streak. The stepford thing has been discussed many times on the board but it still bothers me to see it coming from Skip.

He can be a blithering idiot at times but he does love him some Cowboys.

Doomsay

Reaction score
There seems to be a trend with JG led teams. They start out games strong, then other teams make adjustments and start to take over games late.

I have never seen a team give up so many leads in my life.

They seem to go prevent on the defense and offense in the 2nd half, Jason would rather lose than remaining aggressive and be blamed for a Switzer IMO.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
To be brutally honest - I think the entire organization got a pass from Tony during those 8-8 years because it's pretty apparent that those were 4-12 teams talent wise and if that's really the case we would've been two years into a new coaching regime by now.

That being said, the personnel department has done a pretty good job recently and Jerry is slowing his roll. Garrett has shown he can inspire a 12-4 team. Now we have to see if he can turn around a 2-6 team without losing it.
Great analogy. That's about where my mind is too. Perhaps we are on the proverbial cusp. We won't really know until Romo returns to the saddle.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The 8 and 8 years could have been 5 and 11 years without Romo. And I can see where the same robotic happy just to fight a fight and lose thing might be a problem. If the message after losing six straight is still that, perhaps Bayless is right.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Completely agree. But he does love his Cowboys.

He often babbles but a couple of things in this tweet hit home. The words comfortable and stepford. I would like to believe deep down that this team would nevery get comfortable with even losing close games. There are no silver linings in a 6 game losing streak. The stepford thing has been discussed many times on the board but it still bothers me to see it coming from Skip.

He can be a blithering idiot at times but he does love him some Cowboys.

I'm not a fan of the Red Clapper, but I won't listen to Skip Bayless's trolling about it. I don't even think he really loves the Cowboys, I think it's all for show. I'll never forgive him for his cowardice when he said those things about Aikman, and was run out of town for it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cannot watch or listen to Skip or SAS; they are mind polluters, just serving their own egos.

:laugh: I hear you man. I'm addicted to their show primarily for the entertainment value vice real substance. Don't get me wrong. Stephen A (IMO) is a beast when it comes to anything NBA related and I suck that up. NFLwise, mostly just entertainment. I DVR it every day and actually watch it on avg 3 nights a week.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Red Clapper, but I won't listen to Skip Bayless's trolling about it. I don't even know if he really loves the Cowboys, I think it's all for show. I'll never forgive him for his cowardice when he said those things about Aikman, and was run out of town for it.

Oooh. I don't know the Aikman history. I must research.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Red Clapper, but I won't listen to Skip Bayless's trolling about it. I don't even think he really loves the Cowboys, I think it's all for show. I'll never forgive him for his cowardice when he said those things about Aikman, and was run out of town for it.
Oh ok! That was quick. Yeah. I recall the gay insinuation quite clearly but didn't recall it being Skip. That's hilarious. I do recall saying to myself it had to be some mediot clown trying to gain some street cred when that mess came out.