Skip Bayless comment regarding Jason Garrett

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd conclude from this that Skip Bayless is still irrelevant, and still pandering for some attention.

remdak

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Red Clapper, but I won't listen to Skip Bayless's trolling about it. I don't even think he really loves the Cowboys, I think it's all for show. I'll never forgive him for his cowardice when he said those things about Aikman, and was run out of town for it.

It's all for show. Stephen A. is the Cowboy hater and Skip is the Cowboy lover. They are playing parts in order to attract eyeballs.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe he never apologized.

That whole deal reminds me of this classic Rome moment. An adolescent Jim Rome was attempting to gain some street cred too..lol

foofighters

Reaction score
Skip is an idiot, loud mouth, shock jock and even when he's right, he's wrong.

Skips been better since TO left. I actually enjoy the facebook snippets of him putting that blowhole (SAS) in his place. He's right in his assessment of JG

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The 8 and 8 years could have been 5 and 11 years without Romo. And I can see where the same robotic happy just to fight a fight and lose thing might be a problem. If the message after losing six straight is still that, perhaps Bayless is right.

I'm honestly curious what Tony Romo would've been able to do with a Dave Campo coached team.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Skips been better since TO left. I actually enjoy the facebook snippets of him putting that blowhole (SAS) in his place. He's right in his assessment of JG

Skip is just as bad as Screamin A Smith, it's all for ratings. Skip doesn't care about the Cowboys.

foofighters

Reaction score
Skip is just as bad as Screamin A Smith, it's all for ratings. Skip doesn't care about the Cowboys.

Even so, it is comedy. No one is saying Skip loves the Cowboys. How else would we have seen SAS in a Cowboys jersey? I'll at least throw a bone Skips way for that.

Manster68

Reaction score
Lost credibility with that statement. The team has made adjustments if you've been paying attention. They just have been struggling with a inept backup in Weeden and a QB in Cassel that's only been with the team for a few weeks. Combine that with an inexplicable lack of turnovers and you see the results. I knows it's much easier for fans to start blaming folks but it's not that simple and smart fans understand that.

After last season, NO ONE in the NFL world saw coming the defense only taking the ball away ONCE since the first Philly game. I sure did not see that coming. I also did not see coming the Cowboy defense only having one real half of football where they actually got after the quarterback!
Many Cowboy fans did think the wide receivers would be able to produce more than they have since Dez went down. This is just as disappointing! To me, Devin Street has been a major waste of a roster space (along with Clutts but I am addressing the receivers here). There has to be a reason why the ball is not going in his direction more.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I agree....JG should be held accountable. Its unacceptable to me that we have lost 6 games in a row and counting. I'm tired of the on the job training that has been going on for so many years with this clown.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Jerry is comfortable with Garrett as HC of his Cowboys. Something devastating would have to occur to take Jerry out of that comfort zone. I don't believe a potential 7 game losing streak without Romo is enough for Jerry.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ok Dallas is 2-6 and i find it shocking they have more air time than teams that win.

Junglist

Reaction score
There seems to be a trend with JG led teams. They start out games strong, then other teams make adjustments and start to take over games late.

I have never seen a team give up so many leads in my life.

Big leads, too. Like 23 points 2 years ago aginst a Matt Flynn led GB team.

kazzd58

Reaction score
The 8 and 8 years could have been 5 and 11 years without Romo. And I can see where the same robotic happy just to fight a fight and lose thing might be a problem. If the message after losing six straight is still that, perhaps Bayless is right.

been saying for yrs without room those 8-8 squads were 3-5 wim teams just hate it took this for people to realize how great of a qb he is they not growing on trees as u can see in the league when u got 1 u at least got a chance

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well Skip didn't really say anything thats new around here to warrant any attention.

Everyone knows that Garrett is stubborn with his playcalling and has never changed it up no matter who we play. Its always the same thing and its so vanilla that a high school coach can figure it out.

Garrett is too stuck to the past - the team of the 90s. Times have already changed. Gimmicky plays like crossing routes with moving screens are the rave these days. Patriots and Atlanta use it almost at will even though it's borderline illegal. But they get away with it. Garrett just doesn't see that as a way to open up Bryant and turn him into the monster that he is. But thats not Garrett's style.

The problem really does start from the top - that is Garrett. His plays are so vanilla that our defense is affected by it also. If all you do is defend against the same vanilla plays in practice all day long and not having to defend a new play or a different situation, will eventually you get the type of defense your seeing now. That why when you see an offense with a new wrinkle after the half our defense has no answers for it. We can't stop what WE DON'T practice for.

Therefore its hard for me to really blame the defense entirely. They don't practice those unexpected "gotcha" calls during their practice. Why then should they expect to defend against unexpected calls during the real game scenarios?

Garrett's inability to make adjustments and to implement change into his coaching repertoire is killing this team. Thus your seeing the results in us taking a nose dive this season. The injury to Romo does play a part in this too. But thats not a excuse. The coach needs to make the proper changes to enable this team to win. Garrett has not done that.